Mature Male Appreciation Thread

sparticus

Arachnoknight

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I'm not the one you asked, but: crazy. 😆 Quick, fast growing, always hungry with a crazy prey drive and chaotic hunting style. And beautiful. I love them, you should definitely get one. My G. Iheringi is probably my favorite spider.
I concur on this description. Great spider!

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
When your MM is trying to stand there and look pretty, but gets photobombed by your other MM next door desperately combing the bin for a lady.
1000012613.jpg
1000012614.jpg
1000012615.jpg

Primo Don is beautiful. Mr. derpinia back there tho...

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I, for one, am super entertained by his ridiculous antics in the background. That first is especially amazing. 🤣

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I stared at that last pic for a good 5 minutes yet I can’t wrap my head around what your strapping young chap is doing here…..
Heck, I was there and it still confuses me. Alternate view of the same pose:
1000012665.jpg
Honestly, if I had that much leg, I have no clue what I would do with it all either!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Phormingochilus everetti, 6" DLS:
P3130078.JPG
P3130081.JPG

My female needs a couple more meals, then we'll attempt to pair them. 🤞

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
This guy has gone on to fulfill his destiny with someone else, but I thought he looked so good it would be a shame not to share...

1.0 Cyriocosmus leetzi MM, just under 1.25" DLS:
P3190113.JPG

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I'm not sure you'll see this as this post was a month ago- But do you know how early the sexual dimorphism presents in p irmina? I have one that's about 4 inches now and is very dark, looks like a female scaled down. I can't imagine he'd turn into a gangly male but I've heard you can't tell until the ultimate molt
One way to ensure the original author of a post is tagged when you respond to it is to hit the little "reply" button in the bottom right corner of the post you're responding to. This will notify the author that they have a reply (as you should have since I replied to your post above).

As for dimorphism in P. irminia, it really is true that you can't see much of a significant difference between male and female until after the male matures. Sometimes people say the males might start looking a little more brown than black, and a little more leggy around the 3-3.5" leg span mark, but I've seen plenty that are dark and stout molt into mature males, as well.