Introduce Yourself

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello to all,

Today is my first day as a member of this forum. I currently have no inverts, however I plan on getting some within the next month (before it gets too cold to ship them here).

I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian who just moved here (NH) from CA. I did live in Glasgow, Scotland for 5 years during veterinary school...so at the moment I am feeling a little displaced. I hope to make NH my true home. We'll see how it goes.

I have 3 pets at the moment. 1 Indian Ringneck parakeet (9 years old) and 2 young cats. I live in an apartment and technically can't have any other pets without asking...but I just may squeeze in some spiders. :)

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey guys, im fairly new. Ive got a few tarantulas, and was wondering if any one had a G. aureostriata, and if you do, you can PM me.

exodus1886

Arachnopeon
hello to all

i've been looking for a sight for awhile now as my wife and i are proud parents of a beautiful rose hair and striped knee.
we live in kentucky been here for alittle over two years now.
my rose hair was hand raised from the egg sack and a very gentle tarantula.
we figure her to be about 1-2 years old.
look forward to chatting with others on here:)

RavishingEddie

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone.

Hello everyone my name is Eddie and I have been interested in Spiders since I was 7. I am 26 now. I am into spiders of all kinds but my favorite of all are Hololena Curta species of AGELENIDAE's. Here in southern California there are alot of these and once in a while me and my brother will throw a pit fight with two equally sized adult females, and the fights are amazing. Does anyone know if all Agelenidaes are immune to each others venom or is it just the particular species of Agelenidaes?

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello

just saying hi its the cordial thing to do
my name is kohl im 27 and i live in edison new jersey
i am a recovering arachnophobe haha
my good buddy got me into the hobby and at first i was a tad hesitant but the more i read the more i realized the worst a spider can do is bite me
(its not gonna web me up in my sleep and suck me dry hahah )
right now im the proud father of a little baby o.b.t whose name is leggslie haha
she keeps me on my toes the naughty little thing
p.s my punctuation is horrible i apologize
well once again hello everyone
and by now i hope im not the first to say it but yup more fresh meat for the pros to laugh at has arrived haha{D

mark hill

Arachnopeon
How do?

Hi
New here, I live in England about 40 miles from London.
I have a small collection of Tarantulas, I satrted colecting them last year with my G rosea in december
My collection is as follows
G rosea
L parahybana
A seemanii
P regalis
N colouratovilosum
H lividum
My first love isn't T's though, its reptiles and in that collection i have
1.2 Royal(Ball) Pythons
1.0 Greenspot snowcorn
0.1 BCI
0.1 sumatran Red blood Python coming on 6-10-07
0.1 Bearded Dragon with another baby coming on saturday
I also have 2 GALS and one budgie.
Non animal related I have 3 kids with one more on the way and a great GF whos loves my animals as much as i do
Not much else of interest really.
I have a Tarantula ID thread about to go up if any one can try to help.

Moe

Arachnopeon

Hello, my name is Moe, from MA. My two sons,ages 11 and 9 wanted a Tarantula. We took care of my 11 y.o.'s science class T during 3 school breaks last year and got very attached to her. Over the summer break, we did more research online, borrowed all the library books we could and made the jump to getting our own. We have a G. rosea and her name is Angela. At least we think it is a "she". I have posted a pic of her molt in the sexing thread to see if anyone can help us confirm. She is a great T, fairly active for a rosea, more active than our science teacher's T. We're still gathering any information we can on how to care for her. We don't handle her very much, only when we have had to change her substrate. We recently moved her to a 5.5 gal. glass viv.
I should say, I was an arachnophobe before all this, now I have a better appreciation for them. Ours' is amazing to watch most of the time! :D

Ryoga

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello! My name is Wendell. I'm a physics grad student at UC San Diego. I've been interested in large "bugs" for as long as I can remember, and a couple years ago decided to just go for it and bought a couple baby spiders. Within a week, I got impatient waiting for them to grow up, so I bought a rosie from the local pet store.

My next project is to attempt a water/land naturalistic vivarium for H. gigas. Should be really great if I can get it to work!

shikazz

Arachnopeon
Hi hi! My name is Kazz, I'm a hyper-active 20year old from London, England. I've been fascinated by spiders for years and I've finally ordered my first lovely!

I'm very excited about my Spiderling's arrival in the next week or so and I've been doing a tonne of research in preparation. I decided on a Avicularia versicolor, they are so beautiful and one I have been interested in for some time. I am hoping to own many more Tarantulas in the future (just got to persuade my partner to let me :p) and build up a nice collection.

I have owned a Leopard Gecko for almost 4years now and I am very excited about owning my first arachnid! I am also planning to get an American Green Tree Frog (Hyla cinerea) in the next few months.

I look forward to finally having people to share my interest with! - damned arachnophobes ;)

4thGEN

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey im patrick from south east georgia. i am very new to this scene, this is my first scorpion which i think is a striped bark scorpion. i posted pics and hope they worked.

Aeb400

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!!!

Hi, I look forward to being a Great Arachnoboards member as I Love T's and look forward to doing alot of buying/selling/trading... I currently only have 10 T's & am looking forward for alot more. I am VERY interested in owning & possibly breeding Poecilotheria Metallica (Gooty Ornamental) as they are to me the most beautiful... I can't wait to own my own home so I can customize a room especially for my T's... Aeb400,

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just found you today

Hi, just found this board today. I am also a member of the ATS board, and a member of N-TEC in NE.

I currently have a G. rosea female, who sleeps in my room with me {D

Thankfully I have an understanding hubby :clap:

and 3 great 2-legged kiddos ;)

My previous T was smithi, who was my joy for 16 years, 'til I came home one day to find she had died during a molt. :( She had been a gift from a boyfriend during my teens. That was 6 years ago. During this last Xmas season, I found myself longing for another 8-legged kid, so I got Penny and brought her home.

So nice to have a T in the house again, now to convince the others that a 2d would double the fun.....

Elixxur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey

I'm 25 and in Chicago. I've had my Black Emperor since July now, he's still a baby. His name is Malik which is Arabic for king. Here's a picture

and this is him pretending to be a facehugger from the Alien movies,

hongkong_pede

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone
I am a centipedes lover from Hong Kong

Currently I am keeping one Vietnamese yellow leg and dozens of Scolopendra subspinipes

I am a rookie as I started this hobby for one year only.

chinacw

Arachnopeon
Hi

My name is Christina and i use to be as arachnaphobic as they come! I seriously kept a vacuume cleaner at hand anytime i was in the house alone, just in case i saw a spider.
Then one night about 4 or 5 years ago my husband and I were in West Texas doing the West Texas thing... and there were thousands upon thousands of Tarantulas crossing the roads, and so many of them were getting squished. I felt sorry for the poor creatures and that took my anger away, then i started enjoying looking at them at shows and zoos. We ended up buying a green bottle blue (spiderling and got lucky Shes still with us)! Then one day we went to a friends house (ironically the same person i bought my green bottle blue from). She put a curly hair in my hand and said if you drop it, you will kill it. EURIKA I held my first spider ever!!!!! She actually gave me the curly hair.
Anyway, now I have about 30 Tarantulas in my collection. My favorites are my grammastola pulchras and my purpurpea. I am hoping to add Irmini (suntigers) to my collection very soon. (yes I know how aggressive they are)
I have kept several aggressive T's for a few years now.
Well, that is about it. I will post more of what I have later!
Christina

wiccachick

Arachnopeon
Hi all

Hi,

I am Jay and I live in Norfolk, England.
I have 9 Ts (planning to 'improve' on that) and lots of reptiles, mostly snakes.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greetings!

Hi!

My name is Fred. I live in Mesa, Arizona (just call it Phoenix). I've loved herps all my life, but because of a snake-fearing mother, I was never able to have any in the house. When I moved out, I lived in Hawaii where none are allowed. Only recently, have I moved here to "too-hot-Arizona" where I can have all the herps and inverts that I want - at least as many as my wife will allow. Currently, I have 3 Corns (Amel, Lavender & Snow), one Blotched King, one Bearded Dragon, 5 Leopard Geckos, 1 Leopard Tortoise.

I just recently bought 5 T's. I've got a full grown Chilean Rose, a full grown (or very close to it) O.B.T. (or Orange Starburst Baboon), a 1" Chaco Golden Knee, a .5" Salmon Pink Bird-eater, and most recently added a .5" Antilles Pink-toe. I'm looking to add a Mexican Red Knee and a Singapore Blue to my collection provided that the prices and shipping are right.

I hope to be a long time member of Arachnoboards!

DdraigGoch

Arachnopeon
Howdy. I'm a half-assed invert enthusiast. Scorpions, mainly but I'm getting into tarantulas slowly. I have some pics of my departed p. imperator to post and possibly a bunch of questions. :?

WhiskyTrekker

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone...
My name is Nodin from Duluth, MN.
I was pretty active breeding Ts and keeping scorps, pedes and roaches several years ago but drifted due to time constraints. In any event, I am getting back to keeping a few animals and just figured i'd check in and see what's new and exciting since about 2000.
Cheers,
Nodin