Introduce Yourself

NICOI69

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Nico i live in Modesto,CA and im 32 years old,as of now i have 4 t's
2 Gramastola rosea 1 male and 1 female
1 Avicularia sp. female :)
1 Brachypelma albopilosum female :)
working on getting alot more

vleavens

Arachnopeon
My name is Vickie I am 35 and live in Alaska. I have 4 Tarantulas a rose hair (adult) mexican red knee, King Baboon, and a Costarican Zebra, Spiderlings.
I have been out of spider ownership for 15 years. It is nice to have them again.

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone

Hello everyone my name is Cristal and I am new to this site and new to the world of tarantulas. I have 3 G. Rosea and one G.Aureostriata. I am not sure of the sex of any of them but two are pretty good size and I have a 4 month old. tiny little guy. and my g. Aureostriata is about 1 inch in size so I have no idea on the age. their names are "Bonita", "EL BRAVO", "Chico" and "Escape".

I have been dealing with T's for 3 months and enjoy every minute of it.
the only spider i am afraid of is "EL BRAVO" because he is fast and attacks and bites anything that goes into or even anything that moves outsides his KK. Kinda scary don't want him to think I am food. lol

I am a painter and thats what I do for a living.

well hope to chat with some of you at sometime. thanks

spidahman

Arachnopeon
Hi All

Hi Everyone. New to the board and the hobby, Gaining a lot of
useful info before I get my 1st T's. I can tell this
is going to be a very addictive hobby.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey all, live in Australia and only have one Aussie T, and escaped Aussie pede, one Aussie python and two Aussie scorps so far. So jealous of all you overseas keepers, you have SO many awesome species to choose from.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all, live in Australia and only have one Aussie T, and escaped Aussie pede, one Aussie python and two Aussie scorps so far. So jealous of all you overseas keepers, you have SO many awesome species to choose from.
So says the guy with loads of great animals and lives in a country that is home to one of the baddest T's in the world. Seriously though, welcome to AB, maybe someone here can help your "overseas collection" a bit....check out the sale/trade forum. :)

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So says the guy with loads of great animals and lives in a country that is home to one of the baddest T's in the world. Seriously though, welcome to AB, maybe someone here can help your "overseas collection" a bit....check out the sale/trade forum. :)
Our T's certainly come with lots of attitude.
As for checking out the for sale section, I dunno whether it's worth the huge fines I'd get if I was importing exotics hahaha

brindle

Arachnopeon
Newbie!

Hi guys! I'm Julie. I'm a twenty year old college student. And I am brand spanking new to tarantulas. Actually, I haven't even gotten mine yet. I will be getting a Chaco Golden Knee next week though. I am so excited!:D

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good to be here!

Hey all, my name is Sam and I have just realized that keeping Tarantulas is my newest and favorite hobby. It all started with meeting my best friend and seeing that he had a pet tarantula. I had never expected someone to keep a giant spider, and like most people I thought it was wild. He had a Grammostola Rosea male for about 10 years until it died, but seeing him pick him up and gently stroking him made me realize that Tarantulas could be a very satisfying pet. The very same night I held the t, with some reluctance at first, but eventually I even but his spider on my face! What a nice Spider, I thought..

Now, I have been wanting my own pet tarantula for a while, and I finally got one for my 18th birthday! I went to the local petshop (with a great selection btw, they even have several Goliath Boirdeaters!) and picked up a t labelled as a Costa Rican Tigerrump. I brought it home as fast as I could, and had a bit of trouble getting her out of the small cage, as she had spun a little tube web to hide in, and the web was very thick and strong. I looked up the tigerrump online to find a caresheet and set up the terrarium as it directed.. The next day I was surfing again on the tigerrump and found a few pictures of them.. I thought to myself.. Wait a minute.. this spider doesnt look like mine at all! I immediately got worried cause MY spider was curled up and seemed very stressed out. So I spent a few hours scouring the web looking for a positive ID of the T I actually have. Turns out, the pet shop sold me a mislabeled spider. It wasn't a Costa Rican Tigerrump (mildly docile), it was in fact a Psalmopoeus Irminia! AKA Venezuelan Suntiger! I scrambled out to find a better heat lamp to raise the temp by 15 degrees and put some cork bark in there as she is an arboreal species, and not a terrestrial.

Now she is doing great, I have had her for a few weeks now. But holy damn, this is one fast little devil! And I must say everytime I try to hold her (I know, not the best idea.. however if I get bitten I won't be too worried.. Even though I read somewhere that if this girl bites, it will be several times in quick succession and the venom is somewhat strong. Who knows, maybe ill get her used to me one day.. But until then I will avoid handling her directly, as she has gone into the threat position many times when provoked.. I do not regret the store's mess up as I have grown attached to her and named her appropriately, Elektra. This is quite the display spider! Earlier tonight she was running around the cage nonstop for at least a few hours!

Anyway, keeping Tarantulas is my newest favorite hobby, and plan to collect many more.

Thanks for having a community where people can share these magnificent creatures with each other!

P.S. My best friend is shipping off to Marine bootcamp in January, so I will be taking care of his newest rose hair, Lucille (such a sweety)

Attachments

PurpleFlutterby

Arachnopeon
Where to start ~ My husband got me into the 'different & odd' creatures of the world. I grew up with nothing but dogs & one pirahna that my dad had, so to have this many different animals in my house is still a bit of a shocker to me lol! My new kick is Cresteds. I love em! I'm a newbie here so bear with me if I have no clue what some people are talking about!! :)

Stark

Arachnopeon
Hello all....

I'm a 33 year old German, living in Ireland, always liked Tarantulas, I'm a qualified Zookeeper but cannot work for finacial reasons.
Anyways, love the page... keep the dream alive.

T's:

1x Mexian Red Knee (like so many) Name: Susi
1x Brazilian Black: Name: Matilda *(my pride and joy)
1x Rosie Name: Rosie (my wife wanted her when we got married this year)

dragonwolf

Arachnopeon
Just to get rid of the notice telling me I've never posted....I'm a bit of a lurker: hello everyone. I'm fairly new to the hobby, and at present am keeping P. Imps and (for those in the States...I'm across the pond)...drumroll...H. Swamerdammi a lovely beastie who's agressive as an off between WH and Millwall. she may well be gravid but I think I'm gonna pick up a couple more and try to breed them, I saw on one board $750 :eek: I know the exchange rate's good (for us) at present but I still only paid $60 ish. Ah well, take care peeps, I'll be back sometime.