Introduce Yourself

CanesGalactica

Arachnopeon
Since I posted already what I look like (oh no!) I suppose I ought to be proper and introduce myself.

My name is Christine and I am 22 yrs. old. I live in Virginia currently (it's hot and sticky all the time and rains too much) having just graduated with a degree in Commercial Illustration from CMSU (that's in Missouri). I should be job hunting or doing something productive, but... after 4 straight years of college (no breaks for summer!) I decided to bum around, cosplay, work on a new portfolio (I threw half of my old one out yesterday) and finish one or two commissions that people have waited on for a summer or so.

I have two cats (kittens) Magellan (boy) and Galaxy (girl)... they are adorable little balls of fluff that chew on or get into everything. I guess that's what happens when you have kittens. I also have two tarantulas, one Grammostola rosea and the other Grammostola aureostriata. The latter one is very young (less than a year I would guess) and just molted. Once upon a time I owned a Haplopelma lividum, but unfortunately, I trusted the wrong people to take care of her and she died as a result of hatred towards spiders and other creepy crawlies.

Anyway, there you have it. Oh yes, I also cosplay, draw, paint, crochet, and make all sorts of strange things. I'm thinking of starting a shop soon, but we'll see how it goes.

rimrocka

Arachnopeon
new new new

hey everyone new to the community, just wanted to say hello. feel free to drop by and holla...

skrewdriver88

Arachnopeon
hi every one

new to this place i have a couple of friends who look on this site hay james t.
i have a lot of tarantulas i breed some of them i have been doing this for 12 years about and i have done some reptiles but i like tarantulas the most feel free to email me about any tarantula care can't say i know it all but i wont b<edit> you :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Last edited by a moderator:

skrewdriver88

Arachnopeon
hello

hay every one my name is dave and this is molly on her first birthday
we have alot of t i breed a couple looking to start breeding pokies and green bottle blues just wanted to say hi

Buggzter

Arachnopeon
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone - I'm Krystie, married for one month, and my home contains what amounts to a creepy-crawlers zoo (see signature). I love my critters. I've always loved snakes and lizards, but my husband introduced me to Ts a few months ago when he got a Costa Rican Zebra, then we added 2 baby Roses, then an adult male Rose, then a young Brazilian White Knee, then an OBT...

We just got a shipment of 5 s'lings: A. versicolor, P. rufilata, P. regalis, N. chromatus, G. aureostriata, and then my husband promptly put the SLINGS into Kritter Keepers and the itsy bitsy N. chromatus decided to leave captivity...

And we just ordered 17 more slings from www.TarantulaRanch.com - Thank's Maren! :) So we're going nuts with it all... lol!

Cheers!:D

Amaranth

Arachnopeon
Hi. Amaranth here. I look forward to joining this community.^_^

Here is a list of the creatures I've collected:

Tarantulas
Haplopelma lividum- Akuma(悪魔)
Brachypelma auratum- unnamed
Avicularia versicolor- unnamed
Citharischius crawshayi- unnamed
Pterinochilus murinus- Pumpkin

Other animals
Phodopus campbelli- Hakuu(白雨)

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Small Intro...

Just a small intro just so the site will leave me alone. I'm tired of it saying "our records show you have not yet posted, why not make yourself an active member and post today, yada yada" everytime I log on :p

Anyway, I've been a lurker for some time now. I'm a beginner to the wonderful world of T's. I currently own a G. rosea (not yet an adult), I have no idea of the sex though (I'm waiting until it molts). If its a male, he shall be called "Mr. Fuzzness", if female "Pandora". I've had him/her for about a month (and already I'm in love with him/her).

Funny thing happened: As I was scooping some spider-poo from his/her encloser, it charged at the spoon I was using. He/She headbutted the spoon twice then turned around and sat in a corner. I actually thought that was cute (after getting all sad that I was pissing him/her off). After that I browsed forums and found out that other T's (if not, the same) are known for odd/silly behavior.

I would actually like to own another T. Like a smithi or green bottle blue (or is it blue bottle green?). Or maybe even an Emperor Scorp. Thats pretty much it...

skrewdriver88

Arachnopeon
some of my t"s

hit this is dave here are just a few of my tarantulas it i list them all it would take me a few hours
i have 4 diffrent pokies
singapore blue's lots of them
flame knee
curly hair
rosie hair
green bottle blues lots of them
king baboon
ordimental baboon
mexican red rump
painted leg
robustums lots of them
great horned baboon
emarld skelton
pink toes lots of them
and many other diffrent ones i like to breed them sell them and trade them I am always getting some kind of new tarantula i think out of all my tarantulas the singapore blue is the funniest one other then the robustums but the blue i have to walk realy slow in to the room with a flash light all ready on just to see them and if i make any noise the hide all of mine dig deep burrows they are never up at the top only to eat thats it just wanted to share now the robustums do a funny thing to the spin and extend their leg out to poke their what ever is bothering them and they bob up and down before they get pissed i will put up some pics of them in the next few days

craigrich

Arachnopeon
Hi All

Hi everybody. My name is Craig (Obviously). I'm from Scotland. I got my first Tarantula just over a week ago. She's a Chilean Rose or Grammostola rosea to the die-hards. :) She's brilliant though my next buy may be a more active species. I've got my sights set on the King Baboon but I think handling would be a definate no-no with one of those! Haha. Anyway, glad to be part of the Arachnid community. Later!

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello everyone. My name is Tim, I'm 26, and I obviously have an addition to the "Creepy Crawlies"! Though new to the "online" scene, I have been around T's for quite some time. I have just installed a rather large T-Room in one of my outbuildings, hence the AB handle! Glad to be here, I've browsed these boards for awhile, and learned a great deal. Thanks!!!

josh_cloud

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here i am

:cool: hi there, new to the boards. decided i'd read EVERYTHING before i posted anything. i'm a long time t owner, bringing my sons(2) into the hobby with me. actually, my oldest son logan decided to get addicted to the hobby and i joined mainly to keep an eye on him. guess what i found? TONS of info and what seems to be a nice group of people. my other hobbies are rock guitar. poetry, bonsai and guns. oh, i'm 35 and got my 1st spider when i was 5. he was a male A. Hentzi given to me by my aunt. unlike some people, i handle my spiders. my sons and i catch and study wild spiders, and i'm just getting into the photography thing. anything else you want to know, just pm me. :cool:

Ronniegal

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

Im Ronnie from England. I have 6 pet Tarantulas{D Im pleased to have joined Arachnoboard and hope to chat to some of you.

Best Wishes, Ronnie :)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Introduction

Hi! before I introduce myself I want you guys to know how I got into this hobby. When I was a liltle boy, I had curiousity about spiders and scorpion. I always hunt spiders and cool bugs as a pet. Unfortunately they always die because I don't know what they eat. My parents told me to get a more normal pet than spiders and bugs. I had my first Dog when I was 8 yrs old his name was Tiger (hybrid doberman and german sheperd). After a few years my dog was been dognap and assasinated by some hungry people.:mad:. After a while I miss having a pet so last year I decided to go back from the hobby so I went to a pet store a got myself a Rose hair.
Since then I start collecting T's that interest me. My name is Wilhelm A.k.a Punk Rocker Boi, 19 yrs old student from CA.

Mesx

Arachnopeon
Hi there

Im a 33 year old guy from Denmark.
Mostly interested in spiders and scorpions - I do not own any yet.

Hoping you can guide me if I ever make the decision to get one :)

Registered to give feedback on some pictures in the gallery, so I thought I would say hi.

Glad to be here :)

info0

Arachnopeon
Hello :). It's my first post here, so I will now introduce myself :p.

My name is Peter and I'm 23 years old. I live in Poland. My passion are IT, yoyoing and spiders ^^.

I also have a cat.

So yeah that's all.

elephantspider

Arachnopeon
Hello All...

Just thought I would say hello, and thank you for this amazing community. My name is Glenn, and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. See you guys around! Thanks for all the knowledge you guys have collected over the years, I will probably be tapping much of it!

Glenn

Viking'sWench

Arachnopeon
Hello From Central Ohio

Hi Everyone from Circleville.. home of the infamous Pumpkin Show! I have kept inverts for a very long time and really enjoy the tranquility of tarantula keeping. I have looked at this site on and off for ages and finally decided to take the plunge and join up. I have an overflowing handful of T's that are scattered around my house in display cases. I havent quite gotten to the closet of slings yet!! Other than T's, its dogs, horses, goats, chickens and turkeys. I live and work on the farm and the animals are how I make my living.
I look forward to getting to know some of you better. Hopefully will be able to meet some people in my area with a similar "creepy" interest.
The VikingsWench

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all

Hey there

I was a sporadic watcher and finally decided to register. I am a musician from Illinois, although I'm finishing my undergrad in Michigan right now. Nice to meet you all!

ChameleonC

Arachnopeon
Wasssup......Keith Northrop here....

I finally made a post.... 3 yrs after signing on....I have 10 plus egg sacs under ny belt.....I think the time for help is here.....I'm looking forward to all I can learn here......Thanks