Introduce Yourself

Neo_Imperator

Arachnopeon
introducing myself

Hi guys, I'm new on here, so I don't really know if I'm supposed to reply or start a new thread. Anyway I have one P.imperator (hence my name) and his name is Hermes. He is about 3 inches long and very docile. He is quite active but he also will actually let me pet him really lightly without getting defensive. I'm really interested in getting a pair of P.cavimanus if I can find some. I've been reading a ton about them and they sound rad.

Laura Perkins C

Arachnopeon
Hi

I am the mother of 2 daughters, ages 8 and 4 who LOVE spiders! I am going to be taking them to see Aracnotopia at the FW zoo. I heard today that it has been extended there until October.:eek:

aplomb

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Tom. I'm 23. I live in Nashville, but I'm originally from Louisiana.

I'm brand new to owning arachnids. I only have an amblypygid (some kind of damon) and a flatrock scorpion. I'd like to get more, but I'm moving around a lot lately, and working a lot. I figured I'd join the forums since I've already gotten plenty of useful information on raising these guys.

I also have a cat, and I'm pretty awesome. That's all.

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Introduction

Hi my name's Jim
I have an interest in archnids and own a scorpion. I wish to become an arachnologist or any form of naturalist. Im also hoping to get another scorp in a months time, mabey a bit more. At the moment i have a hadrurus spadix, or desert hairy scorpion, commonly known as the blacktop. I hope to get a hadrurus arizonensis soon, preferably an adult female.{D {D

mark0

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody, my name is Marko, I'm 22 and I'm from Serbia.
Now I only have 2 tarantulas: B.smithi and N.chromatus but eventualy this number will become very large :D

Kohler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all, I'm Jonathan from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I have only spiders, specially T's from various genus and some scorpions. :D

Jackie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi! My name is Jackie and my friend, the infamous Tom Patterson, began introducing me to arachnids and whatnot, so I figured I'd get the most out of my new pet, an avicularia versicolor, by learning all types of interesting things about them. I named him Angelo, don't ask me why, and Tom promised he'd get me on my way to be a spider wrangler!!! Or at least become more familiar with arachnids.

Peace:clap:

ali-loves-bugs

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Laurie. I'm a 35 year old, married mother of 4. I have 3 daughters Ali (13), Jordyn (9) and Veronica (7), and Xander my 3 year old son. I was never really allowed to have pets when I was growing up, so I guess I'm trying to make up for it now. We have 2 dogs, 7 cats i think, a box turtle, 3 red eared sliders, a ball python pair, a White's tree frog, a Golden Tree frog, a Green Tree frog, 6 Brown anoles, 3 Glass snakes (My fav next to my T), 4 Carribean Hermit crabs, a Strawberry Hermit crab, A Leopard gecko and a rose haired tarantula. I guess I'm here because I haven't been having any luck locally, or I'd have tons more, finding the T's and 'pedes Veronica and I are looking for. Veronica is into the T's, 'pedes and such (She REALLY wants a Mexican Red Knee) and Ali (who also loves frogs) wants to be an Entomologist, hence my post name, so she's into anything else that crawls. Jordyn won't touch ANYTHING without her bamboo tongs and Xander wants everything to live with HIS hermit crabs. My husband is just along for the ride, he's Ok with the snakes, spiders and such as long as he doesn't have to touch them. Happy to be here and I guess that about sums it up.

ChineseDragon

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

My name is Mark and I'm 18 years old, live in Barrie, Ontario and just got into inverts. I run from spiders but I love centipedes(Chinese Dragons), assassin bugs and mantids.

I am currently only keeping 2 WC stone centipedes and a WC assassin bug. I have eggs from Platymeris biguttata but I think they aren't fertile =(.

I am here to talk and learn about my fields of interest and hopefully find some reliable sources for obtaining exotic centipedes.

be ez,

~Mark

scorpiox

Arachnopeon
hello everyone

Hello,

my name is Dragan, I am 25 years old and I am from Slovenia(Europe). I just recently found this forum which I think is great. I have 2 scorpions at home (imperators). So guys just keep up the good work ;)

GUFA

Arachnopeon
Hello Everybody

Hello Everybody!

First of all Congratulations! This site is very complete and you dont have an Idea How Usefull and Informative Was and is for me!

My name is Gustavo Fernandez I'm a Graphic Designer, Drawer and Advertisement guy from Caracas Venezuela!
A nice land but with the worst Political problems arrownd the world!

Well as you see my english is not very good, I lived In Ohio 2 years in the 1998 but here in Venezuela not everybody speak english and if you dont practice you'll never Improve it! :wall:

But well...

The fact is that I'm a strange animals lover since I was a child! In the past I have had some many pets that my mom almost die everytime that I got a new one!
LOL!
In fact I have had 5 Sneaks “Boa Constrictors or Red-tailed Boa!” Those were very sweet! but I have had to donate one to the Zoo because it never get confortable with me and always bite me! And the others with the time, my work and the size that they got it Make me donate too to a Zoo here in Caracas! In fact I had 3 mores, a Cascabel - Cotalus like this http://www.venezuelatuya.com/natura/imagenes/015cascabel.jpg A green boa or Corallus caninus: http://www.cites.org/gallery/speciespics/emerald_tree_boa.jpg And a Micrurus altirostris in spanish its name is Serpiente de Coral and is very poisoned!
http://www.serpentario.edu.uy/images/micrurus_frontalis_altirostris2_big.jpg
but as a good graphic designer I get very pasionate about the colors of this beauty snake!
In fact as Caracas is closer and rounded by big mountains I get an very rare animal too, here we called “Cien Pies” or “1000 Feets” this one eat white mouses! Its was amazing! This Video is not mine but is the same specie that the one that I have
http://www.baluart.net/videos/cien-pies-gigante-devorando-un-raton
Well I dont want to boder you with my History’s but the fact is that 4 night before when I was in my room watching some TV I heard a noise very strange! When I found the origin of the noise I found this spider! It was in a square were I stock pappers, notebooks, posters and artworks of my job! The Strange thing is that I dont live close to a mountain, jungle or wild place! So, how this spider get in to my house???
Even I’m an strange animals lover get in shock! The size of the spider is like 2/3 of a open hand!
I try to investigate in Internet bout it but I dont find anyting about it!

Since I meet by e mail to Stefan (member of this forum) and Glen (the www.spidersrulez.com) owner! and afters days of Investigation and photos they identify the Spider Specie:
Giant Fishing Spider!
WOW!
Amazing!!!

I'll make a post about it and share with all of you the pics!
As photos are part of my job too I took a very good ones that could help you to collect, or even use in your sites!
PLEASE NOTE THIS:
EVERY PHOTO THAT I WILL POST "FEEL TOTALLY FREE TO USE IT WITHOUT AKING ME FOR PERMISSION"
This is my contribution to every of you, spider lovers, people that help me and to teach the people to DONT KILL ANY STRANGE ANIMAL and teach to CONSERVATION!

Have a nice day and We'll keep in touch!

My nickname here is like the Nickname that everybody and also my family call me:
GUFA!

Best Regards!

GUFA

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello !

My name is Jeff I am 46 years old and brand new to the hobby. I just picked up my first spider(Mexican Redknee), that I orderd at the pet shop.I live in Alaska and T's are a little hard to find up here.

GUFA

Arachnopeon
WOW! well take care of it and give it the best habitat that you could!
Alaska is so cold many month at year so, create for it a Nice habitat of a Hot Lamp! I dont know!! I'm a kind of new Spider Fan too!

Regards...

GUFA

Cannibalon

Arachnopeon
Peace in everyone

Hi my name is Doug and I am new to arachnoboards. Very cool site. I am 34 yrs old and live in Kamloops B.C. I have had an A. geniculata for almost a year now. I got it when it was a sling and it's up to about 4". Two weeks ago I received a P. irminia sling, and an adult female H. lividum at 5-6".

My friend Max, who you may know as the illustrious Maxident213, gave me all 3 tarantulas. Paling in comparison to his 'eco-system' he has goin on, but a good start to my collection.

I look forward to further checking this site out. Tony Stewart Rocks!
Slayer!

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Newb...

Hello all,
I am brand new to this hobby but have found my new obession:D A few months ago I was looking into moving to Colorado though things didn't work out and I find myself back in sunny Florida. Anyhow when I was in colorado I found an oklahoma brown in the driveway the cats were after. I decided to save it since I have known T's to be kept as pets I thought I would rescue it and call it my own. Anyhow I read up on them for about 2 weeks straight. Then decided to go buy a Chaco Golden knee. My last night in Colorado I found another oklahoma brown in the driveway this time a very small 1" juvie. So in the first month of getting into T's my collection was growing fast. It has been 3 months since then and I now have added two Haplopelma Lividums .75" to my collection. I am so fascinated by these aminals the only way to describe it is an obsession that my wife is not so happy about. I look forward to learning all I can from this site. Glad I found it.

bluetubegroove

Arachnopeon
Howdy yall! A shout from Houston Texas, One that's taken a while to get to. ( Validation dealies. ) I have been the proud owner of a mature female Rose Hair for about three days, I figured a forum like this might prove useful and more so fun than anything other. :D I'm Seventeen, And decided after working at a summer camp infested with bugs that a Tarantula was a pet for me - So far it's going good. Feel free to shoot me any advice! I need all of it I can get and more than likely will post up some questions and curiousities of my own. Thanks yall!

trapieter

Arachnopeon
hiiya!
I'm jojo and I'm the one who gets the info for our rapidly becoming zoo lmao. no it's not that big really just to those who haven't joined in the addiction for reps and arachnids lol.

I joined because my hubby decided to get two T'S, we went for one and came away with 2 coz he couldn't decide lol so we have an L. parahybanas called boris da bana and a sling usambara red baboon called legs aka the p.murinus.

:8o not the best starters we know but he loves them so much ... it became like this :wall: and he is sensible. he's not for handerling just looking and since we have got them no one wants to come over our house anymore ... is that normal :confused: lmao there loss {D

this place just seemed good for info and I like to be well prepared in the care of our pets to prevent problems... so far very good :worship:

I did put chatty as mood right??

ok going now {D

jojo xx

vanquisher91

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

Hey everyone. I've just gotten into the hobby of tarantula keeping and I currently have 4 tarantulas at the moment but plan on getting more very soon. I'm also hoping to get into scorpions and centipedes/millipedes later on as well. My friends think I'm crazy, but I can't argue with their reasoning. I hope to learn a lot here and I look forward to getting to know some of you on the forums.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
5 Months, 10 T's and the addiction is ON!!!:cool:

Looking to add another 10 within the next few weeks. Just 1 question I keep asking myself, why did it take so long for me to get into his great hobby:?