Introduce Yourself

Griffin

Arachnopeon
Hello,
Just thought id stop in here first to say hello and im excited to learn more.

cactusdar

Arachnopeon
Hello

my name is cactusdar-------i'm new to this ;P and looking forward to checking out this sight. i've had my female zebra t for 12+ years now and i have a few concerns i'm hoping someone can help me with. her last molt she seemed to have broken her leg-----it sticks almost straight up---- she gets along fine, eats, blah-blah blah---- but yesterday when she began molting again she could not get that leg free----i found information on this sight and i helped her along she is doing fine now.........anyone know the life span of t's?

dustdevil

Arachnopeon
hey spiderfreaks

hey guys and girls

my name is robby(31 years), since i was a kid i was always intressted in spiders and snakes,and now i have a lot of them :) but never enough :p

i'm a proud father of a boy (6 years ) and a girl (3 years) and they share my intrests.
i have about 15 T's now and there are 3 one the way from thomas vinnman at this moment.
i hope we have a good time together here.

my list of inverts at this moment :

0.1 brachypelma smithi
0.1 brachypelma emilia
0.1 citharischius crawshayi
0.0.3 cyriopagopus schioedtei (thorelli)
0.1 grammostola pulchra
0.1 grammostola rosea
0.1 haplopelma lividium
0.1 poecilotheria regalis
0.1 psalmopoeus irminia
0.0.1 pterinochilos murinus (red colour form)
0.1 theraphosa blondi
0.0.1 vitalius (nhandu ) vulpinus

and on the way

0.1 hysterocrates hercules
0.0.1 hysterocrates spec nigeria
0.0.1 Chilobrachys fimbriatus

and a couple of snakes of course:D

Last edited:

Archimed

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is alexandre ,21 yrs old and from quebec.i know absolutly nothing about T's iv just got one last week from someone who was gonna throw it outside he was bored of -her or his- dont really know,really dont know what kind of T it is but from the pic you have on the frum i think its a G. Rosea.

theojtaylor

Arachnopeon
Hi. My name is Ted and I have two T's. A CB Mexican Red Rump and a Chilean Rose (just got it today.). He/She snatched up a feeder cricket in less than an hour after I set it up in it's new home. Had a rose years ago. Once it molts, I'll send its skin to Gene's at NWI to have it sexed.

I got interested in them again after a friend got one for valentine's day. Go figure!

Now, I just need to get one more-a Mexican Red Knee and I will be done. (I hope)

Bobert

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Rab from bonnie Scotland, been keeping T's for a while now collection currently includes:

A Chacoana
A Geniculata
B Smithi
B Auratum
B Boehmei
B Vagans
C Schioedti
G Aureostriata x 2
L Parahybana
L Klugi
P Regalis
P Pederseni
P Murinus RCF x 2

Metal lovin guy to boot, always looking to learn something new...

Look forward to chattin with you all!

clintdixon

Arachnopeon
im new!!!!!

hi my name is clint from devon, uk im new to arachnoboards but have been collecting t's for about a year i have,
g.rosea
l.parahybana
b.albopilosum
a.seemanni
a.geniculata
g.aureostriata
p.fasciata
p.regalis
p.formosa
a.versicolor
p.irminia
2x p.murinus

p.imperator
p.cavimanus

and my collection is ever growing i will upload some pics when i get my digital camera out.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
hi to all my name is mateo i am new here in arachnoboards i find this site very much interesting
people are very supportive

by the way here are my pets:

brachypelma boehmei
acanthoscurria geniculata
grammostola rosea
heterometrus spinnifer

and oh i kinda have problem on posting my pics on the sexing section
it says that my account doesnt have that much previlage and so on
pls help me guys i wanna post some pics there..

for your replies just pm me if possible..

ty:clap:

psyopdog

Arachnopeon
A breeding pair of Phidippus Audax

I found a male and a female within 2 days of each other. They were together for a day or so in my spider enclosure, and now she is gravid.

He now resides in a separate, 15 gallon terrarium.

All they've eaten for a week or so is big, fat houseflies; about 6 a day, each.:

suggestions for spider/sling bliss?:?

icenola

Arachnopeon
Hello from New Orleans

Hi...Name's George....53 yrs old.....live bout 15 miles just west of New Orleans. Survived Katrina...back on me feet..and have a two T's for companions.

1. Giant White Knee 3in
2. Brazilian Black and White 3in

Had a Mexican Red Knee sling...but he escaped :wall: and haven't seen him......................yet.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi guys!

I'm Pedro, from Portugal, Oporto. I'm 18 years old and my pets are now a buthus ocitanus (ibericus?) anda a snake pantherophis guttatus.

I'm shure I'll enjoy here :D

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yay!

Hi!

I joined a few days ago and I'm so happy to be here because I love insects and spiders to death and I have tons of books on them. I wish that my mom would let me keep at least one spider, scorpion, centipede, or millipede but she doesn't like them.

My name is Brittanie Christina McCormack and I'm 15 years old ( I turned 15 on March 1st ). I like singing and meeting new people making them laugh. I love playing jokes on people so beware!;P I also love boingies if you don't know what they are here's one for you:

Isn't it cute? :D I have alot of them! I live in NYC! You'd be surprised as to how many insects and spiders live just outside my house! Loads! I'm also leaving for camp on July 18th for about a month. I'm looking forward to seeing every one again at camp. I go every year.

I'll be home 2 days early. They have lots of bugs up there so I'm bound to get tons of pics. Hopefully most of them will be decent and that the bugs will cooperate! lol! Any way that's a bit about me. Looking forward to posting here and having tons of fun with you guys!

Hugs and kisses to you and your pets!

Black Widow88

a7051

Arachnopeon
hi i'm Brian. I'm from CA. I've got 3 Ts currently. Rosie, B. Boehmei, and a Curly.

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been here a while but I'll introduce myself anyways.
My name is Shayna and I live in the prairies of Canada. I do well in school, but it's boring a lot of the time, so i have a part time job. I love working at the theatre, I get a bunch of free stuff and I'm paid VERY well for a first job.
I am a vegan and a pretty environmentally friendly person. I think keeping T's is really interesting, and I also have a cat and a dog I rescued from the pound. lol.
I am in army cadets, so I'm going to Whitehorse for the summer. I am on the drill, biathalon and rifle teams in cadets and I am first in the province for my age in marksmanship ;).
I'm more than thrilled to be finishing up this school year and I'm moving to a public school for grade 11, I've been in the catholic school system since preschool but I am mostly agnostic.

Add me on myspace.

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How's your pets? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Been here for a little bit, so instead of being my reclusive self, allow me to introduce myself - Relatively new to this site, not new to tarantulas. Been out of keeping them for a decade, but I'm coming back, although not with a vengence; 3 seems a good number. Then we'll see...

casey marie

Arachnopeon
hi everyone. its great to be here. i've been checking out this site for like a year now, but had to wait until the summer when my mom was at work to get an account. i've got 1 T, Grammastola rosea (Chilean rosehair) that i got two years ago named Little Blossoming Rose. ik, so original. she's doin' good. she's due for another molt this month, so i've been cautious about the crickets. i'm also T-sitting for a friend of mine who's in minnesota right now. a Grammastola rosea named Lily Rose. my name is ashley, but i prefer casey. i would have been named casey if it weren't for my dad, but he's never been around anyway my entire life (he even bugged my mom to get an epideral while i was being born so he could sleep) so screw him.

a little of my personal info: i live in Colorado (the omen state and it SUCKS) i'm going into highschool next year. i am/was a cutter (trying to quit right now. i think the last time i did that was a like a month ago. its going good!
very boring life, nothing interesting happens. i'm an aspiring author, absolutely obsessed with vampires. i'm hoping to finish the book (maybe a few of the other 15 i started) this summer and be published by the time i graduate highschool. hopefully. i'm also going to college for art. already have a nice one picked out in san francisco. life has really sucked so far, but i intend to turn that around my senior year. i'm going to graduate a semester early and head for georgia on foot with everything i need in a backpack on my back (well duh, where else would it be). i'll stay the winter there and then hike the appalachian trail the next summer. then i'll find a car somewhere and drive to san fran to rent a loft there until i can get into that college.

really nice to be a part of this community
casey

casey marie

Arachnopeon
hi everyone. its great to be here. i've been checking out this site for like a year now, but had to wait until the summer when my mom was at work to get an account. i've got 1 T, Grammastola rosea (Chilean rosehair) that i got two years ago named Little Blossoming Rose. ik, so original. she's doin' good. she's due for another molt this month, so i've been cautious about the crickets. i'm also T-sitting for a friend of mine who's in minnesota right now. a Grammastola rosea named Lily Rose. my name is ashley, but i prefer casey. i would have been named casey if it weren't for my dad, but he's never been around anyway my entire life (he even bugged my mom to get an epideral while i was being born so he could sleep) so screw him.

a little of my personal info: i live in Colorado (the omen state and it SUCKS) i'm going into highschool next year. i am/was a cutter (trying to quit right now. i think the last time i did that was a like a month ago. its going good!
very boring life, nothing interesting happens. i'm an aspiring author, absolutely obsessed with vampires. i'm hoping to finish the book (maybe a few of the other 15 i started) this summer and be published by the time i graduate highschool. hopefully. i'm also going to college for art. already have a nice one picked out in san francisco. life has really sucked so far, but i intend to turn that around my senior year. i'm going to graduate a semester early and head for georgia on foot with everything i need in a backpack on my back (well duh, where else would it be). i'll stay the winter there and then hike the appalachian trail the next summer. then i'll find a car somewhere and drive to san fran to rent a loft there until i can get into that college.

really nice to be a part of this community
casey[sick of crying
tired of trying
yea i'm smiling
but inside i'm dying]

janjagee

Arachnopeon
Hello

hey all! Just wanted to give everyone a friendly "hello". I have three lil monsters, one Rosie, one Usumbara, and my son. Love them all!

versiphil

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I´m Sascha and from Trier in Germany. (Thats the oldest city in my country, more than 2000 years old...)
I`m 33 years old, and in the fourth year tarantula-"freak".
Here in Germany, this is a rising hobby. thats fantastic if you won`t spend too much money for your little babys...

My Spids:
1.1 A.versicolor
1.0 A.metallica
0.1 A.minatrix
0.0.1 A.purpurea
0.1 A.spec.
0.1 A.geniculata
0.1.6 B.albopilosum
1.1 B.vagans
0.1 B.boehmei
1.1 B.smithi
0.1 B.auratum
0.1 C.cyaneopubescens
0.1 C.crawshayi
0.0.1 E.cyanognathus
0.0.1 E.murinus
0.1 G.pulchra
0.1 G.rosea
0.1 G.actaeon
0.0.5 H.maculata
0.1 L.parahybana
0.1.3 L.striatus
0.1 M.mesomelas
0.1 N.chromatus
0.1 P.irminia
2.1 P.cambridgei
0.1 P.regalis
0.1 P.rufliata
0.1 S.calceatum
0.0.1 T.blondi
0.0.1 T.gigas
0.1 T.pruriens
...i hope this will soon have an end...

I had 3 egg-sacks last year, 2 of B.albopilosum (curly-hair) and one of A.versicolor (Martinique-Pinktoe).

Im not married and i have no children, but a wonderful babe with much tolerance for my hobby, getting more and more interested in it...

Thats enough at the beginnig...watching your threads, i will sometimes be here, but not writing too much, because of my school-english...

cu and greetings
Sascha