Introduce Yourself

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nrthn Calif here>>>

HI!! Im Tanya, i live in nrthn calif by myself, and my animals, no kids and not married. I have a rott/lb cross, 2 cats, 7 snakes, a 55 gallon fresh water tank and some scorps. I hope to get a T collection going, i won't hold any of them as i am terrified of them but i will collect them, as i think they are fasinating. Well time to post some pic's ....see ya all around.

DarkXKrad

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello out there..pleased to meet you all!!{D
check my profile out to know more about me or just ask!
talk to you all soon.

dbozic

Arachnopeon
Hrvatska

Hy everibody , my name is Dario and i am from Croatia Zagreb, i am 21 years old and i love tarantulas. The biggest reason i have joyned this site is because i have 4 tarantulas and they are: pterinochilus murinus usumbara, lasiodora parahybana,ciclosternum fasciatum and acanthoscurria geniculata and i am new in this hobby so i want to learn more about them with this site.

guitarm07

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

I'm David W living in good 'ole TN. I'm studying to be a Mechanical Engineer but I've always been intrigued with insects and the like.

My roommate and I recently purchased two Emperor Scorpions. Prior to our new 'pets', I've been doing research on Emperor Scorpions for weeks and ran across this site. We have a male and female scorpions. I named the female Isis and my roommate named the male Elmo. I hope to learn much more about these little critters and how to care for them properly.

Dw

illy

Arachnopeon
Hi all, big up for the juicy site

i bought my first T (gram rosea) 14 years ago and got addicted to the critters
heres a list (1 of each):

- grammastola rosea
- grammastola pulchra
- brachypelma boehmie
- brachypelma smithy
- brachypelma angustum
- avicularia metallica
- ceratogyrus marshalli
- theraphosa blondi
- poecilotheria rufilata
- poecilotheria metallica

ill post some pics when i find my way around the site

cheers

Squeaksville

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!! My name is April, I mostly go by Squeaks. I'm a newbie not only to the boards but as owner of my new baby Brachypelma smithi.Or common Mexican Red Knee. I just got him on the 6th. If you would've asked me a few months back that I would own a tarantula, I would've said "you're smoking something". LOL But I love my little guy. A friend of mine had gotten his first T. back in April and since then would always tell me about how it was doing and showing pictures so naturally he ended up "converting" me into the spider world. :p So the next time he ordered I put in mine too. Now here is a picture of my little guy. I'm up for any advice ya'll can give me and boy I've learned a whole lot not just from my crazy "spiderman" friend but from the boards as well.

BC Bloodlines

Arachnopeon
New to Inverts and the forum

Hello there. I am just getting into tarantulas and currently have:
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Grammostola aureostriata
0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor
There are a few other species I would like to get but most of my space is consumed by by Crested and Gargoyle Gecko breeding. Check out our site If you would like to see what we do.

Squeaksville

Arachnopeon
Hello there. I am just getting into tarantulas and currently have:
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Grammostola aureostriata
0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor
There are a few other species I would like to get but most of my space is consumed by by Crested and Gargoyle Gecko breeding. Check out our site If you would like to see what we do.
I have a leopard gecko and would like to get the crested gecko... how much you sell them for??

kurnikoff

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hi!

My name is Kamil. I live in London (Streatham Common) and I have one A. Geniculata about 4 cm long. I will post picture here when I will know how to do this. Cheers Kamil

Last edited:

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi all, I'm new here

I got my first G. rosea about 17 or 18 years ago at a herp show and the rest is history. I currently have about 2 dozen assorted Ts, mostly slings as both of my adult males have gone to greener pastures in the past 6 months. I live in San Diego and have been catching and releasing Ts in the desert for 30+ years.

Jen

ga_biihh

Arachnopeon
hello hello

hey hey!
Im new to the boards as well as to having a T. I just got a Avicularia avicularia a week ago, so im completly new to everything.. but some people here on the boards have been helping me and answering my questions, so thank you. I hope to learn a lot from everybody here on the boards so.. I'll see you around ;)

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bitten by the Bug

Hi

Could not resist the offering at the petshop, I got my first T, G Rosea. Little pet rock, not familiar with new substrate and then OBT, OMG:eek: . Wow, what a difference!!! P. Murinus is quite active building new home under Georock. OBT snatches anything nearby.

A new addition, L. Striatus sling that molted after settling in new home almost doubling in size.

Three more sling on the way, B. Smithi, B. Boehmei and P. Regalis, I cannot wait.

Also raising Japanese Koi in yard.

The koi are very similar to tarantulas, hungry, beautiful coloration and great to watch.

What would be a good arboreal T?

alicia.r

Arachnopeon
Hey there, I'm Alice & I'm new to T's, but have been a long-term fan of true spiders, especially Theridiidae (& particularly Latrodectus :rolleyes:).

I've just got two little slings at the minute: an A. versicolor, who I've named Bordois, & a B. albopilosum called Milford Cubicle, though I've been totally bitten by the bug & this week will be ordering 5 N. chromatus slings, a B. vagans sling & a L. parahybana juvi. Yup, addicted already! {D

I look forward to learning plenty from you guys & contributing where I can, too. :D

Brad Ramsey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi
New here....just joined today, although I've been reading this forum for a couple months now.
No T's at my house ,but a lot of insects.
I started breeding some basic feeders for my veiled chameleon and it
ended up turning into a whole new avocation of it's own.
Roaches, Mantids and Phasmids are my main focus.
By the way ...the cham eats all of those and more but I keep some for breeding and observation too.
I really enjoy this forum and now I can post!
Cheers!

-Brad

FelanMoira

Arachnopeon
Howdy all! From WV

I'm Holly, a 32 year old married gal from West Virginia in the States. I'm new to the invert world - never thought I'd ever get one, but about a month ago decided it would help me get over my fear of spiders if I got a T. Low and behold, just July 8th someone posted on our local Freecycle list that they had a T and setup to give away. Hence I now have "Sheila" (The name she came with), a Grammostola rosea.

When I joined Venomlist a week ago, I didn't think I'd ever own a scorpion, but I have 2 on my wishlist (long with like 15 T's!) now!

I can tell you that centipedes are DEFINITELY NOT in my future. The centipede and hissing cockroaches I know I will never want. Never seen a beautiful one, but I have seen some beautiful spiders and scorpions.

I've been a Registered Veterinary Technician for 2 years. My first degree is a BA in psychology, and I worked 911 for 6 years. I got into native non-game wild avian rehabilitation that 6th year, quit my job, got my drivers license at 28 and went back to school for my AAS in vet tech.

And on to my "zoo"
1.0 pomeranian, orange
1.0 siberian husky, wolf grey and blue eyes
0.1 hound mix, black and white
2.3 domestic shorthair cats - 1 brown tabby, 2 blacks, 1 white and orange tabby, 1 white and brown tabby
2.0 leopard geckos, normals
1.0 corn snake, snow
0.2 pet rats, grey and white hoodeds

and

1.0 appendix Quarter Horse, black yearling recently gelded.

Also, I'm a practicing solitary Wiccan, with leanings toward kitchen and gree witchcraft and Buddhism.

Hubby and I have been together 16 years and married 8. He does the heebee-jeebee dance when Sheila moves toward him and hasn't touched her yet - and I'm the one who has a major phobia! He did everything but scream like a girl last night!

spiderlove

Arachnopeon

Well, I guess I am new to this board. My name is Lorie and I absolutely love tarantulas. I have been caring for and enjoying them for about 14 years now. I have about 26 different ones and love them all. I just lost one of my older females (B. Smithi) yesterday and I am quite sad about that. It is always hard when they die. I have some new babies and I am enjoying watching them grow. They are absolutely adorable... Nice to meet you all.

Felix0081

Arachnopeon
hello all im new here and just wanted to introduce myself. my names Terence and my fiancee and i are keeping a vast array of pets, we have 2 rose hairs , 1 cobalt blue , 1 pinktoe , 1 cameroon red baboon , 1 green iguana , 1 mountain horned dragon , 1 columbian red tail boa , 1 dumerills boa , 1 albino striped california king snake and 3 cats{D

blazer

Arachnopeon
whats up. i breed blaptica dubia roaches and have a Poecilotheria metallica. so i just use this site to brush up on my knowledge and find good deals for sale. i also breed leopard geckos of raptor and aptor morph.:eek:

Jake85

Arachnopeon
Hey

Hey, I'm Jake. I've lurked around these parts for a couple years and figured I'd take a second or two to introduce myself. Grew up in Illinois with a constant zoo of fish, turtles, snakes, frogs, and other such wonderful things that I caught in my back yard. All the while my parents told me "you can have a tarantula or scorpion when you move out of our house." Anywho, I've been out of their house for a few years now, am working on getting my own life in order (just graduated college), and am beginning to once again start up my collection.