Introduce Yourself

dodong_bunal

Arachnopeon
My name is Dodong

Hi guyz! my name is dodong..im from Philippines particularly in davao..

im new on dealing tarantula..

i do have one ORPHNAECUS..

i want to add more i cant affrod to buy another one..

passion is good but finances are bad :((..tsk tsk tsk...

thats all guyz!

thanks!

Wade Dowbyhuz

Arachnopeon
Hello out there

hey my name is wade. ive been collecting for a couple years, and ive been flipping through this site for a couple months now. i have 4 T's and 1 scorp, also my roomate has 2 t's, im looking forward to babbling with all of you.

heres my list:
1 - A. seemani
1 - M. robustum
1 - H. lividum
1 - G. rosea
1 - H. spinifer(scorp)

my roomates:
1 - P. scrofa
1 - N. chromatus

GrammatonCleric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all,
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. The boards are a great resource for knowledge and I am happy to be here!

pitpider

Arachnopeon
looking for all widows

hello my widow died and looking for more.
i have a couple other inverts.

Avicularia avicularia pinktoe
Avicularia versicolor Antilles pinktoe
Davus fasciatum Costa Rican tigerrump
Heteroscodra maculata Togo starburst
Phormictopus cancerides Haitian brown
Psalmopoeus cambridgei Trinidad chevron
Psalmopoeus irminia suntiger
Poecilotheria regalis Indian ornamental

omni

Arachnobaron
Hi! My name is Paul, I'm an old stuffy retiree ;) very happy to meet fellow tarantula owners. This site is A++ for info and resources for everything invert!

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Let me Introduce Myself

My name is John and I am from Georgia. I have kept 4 tarantulas over the years and also some emperor scorpions in the past. I want to get back into keeping tarantulas again. I have not had one in my collection since the late 80's or early 90s.

thanks,
John

ruhker_siete

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi, I am Peyton from the Philippines.

I currently own two slings, N. Chromatus and G. Rosea, and also one scorpion, H. Longimanus.

I am here to learn more about these fascinating creatures and I hope to become a responsible hobbyists, but that would take such a long time. I still have lots to learn hehe.

By the way, my boyfriend and I are both interested in these creatures and we both share the same specie of tarantulas.

Diablo1984

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

My name is Peter and i'm form the netherlands! I have T's for about 3 years now. I visit this forum for a long time, and now i want to join it.

see ya later!

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello everyone! The name is John and I reside in Southern California. I currently only own one A.Avicularia (Kramer), but plan on getting a G. Aureostriata in a few days. I'm fairly new to the hobby, but enjoying it immensely!

MarkS

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Mark and I just took a serious interest in the hobby literally yesterday. I'm going to work on a set up for an A. versicolor. I love exotic pets. I'm also seriously considering getting a millipede or two.

Alboy84

Arachnopeon
Hi there...

Hello, how is everyone? My name is Alan and I'm a final year history student. I live and study in England. I work part-time at a supermarket and like to spend time with my girlfriend, play computer games and watch movies (martial arts ones in particular).

I have two tarantula's - one L.Parahybana and one B.Vagans. I'm kind of new to the hobby and only had these guys for about 2 months or so. I'm enjoying taking care of them, and I'm constantly worrying, checking on here and other forums to make sure I'm looking after them properly!

Thanks for reading!

AmazingInverts

Arachnopeon
Hi, Im Will and I live in Tennessee. I just started getting into spiders a year or so ago and have never looked back. Just thought I would say hi!

Carlos_W

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hello everyone, My name is Carlos, I live in Northern California. I've been in reptiles for about ten years, and the arachnids about three. I had stopped for awhile, you know how it is when you go through divorce. Anyways now I'm back with about twenty three spieces, and I love collecting them. I'm always ready to buy slings, I like watching them grow into adults. Someday I'd like to breed a pair of tarantulas, but I don't know wich ones would be the easiest. Anyways, Thank you for your time and God bless.

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello Arachnoboard members,
My name is Nino. I'm from the Bay Area, California. Recently just bought a rose and got hooked. Now looking foward to learning a lot and taking on this great hobby.
-Nino

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello! Name's Patrick. This site has been a huge help for me! Here's my story.

I've been horrified of spiders my whole life, mainly because my parents were both arachnophobes and I reacted off their responses to itty-bitty spiders on the ceiling. I thought it weird to be afriad of something so small, but I figured if they were that freaked out, there must a reason. In spite of my phobia, I've always harbored a facination with arachnids, especially tarantulas.

Recently I took my 2-year old to a pet expo in Chantilly VA and hooked up with the exotic pet table. My son and I went to the table to check out the beautiful albino python, but inevitably ended up at the arthropod table.

My son and I had been collecting bugs for months. Mainly pillbugs, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles, but I'd always managed to avoid spiders. It just so happened at the Expo, one of the handlers pulled a spectacular G. Rosea out of her cup and looked at me like, "Hey, you wanna hold it?" A soothing calm came over me and I immediately put my hand out. The spider pranced confidently onto my hand and looked at me curiously. I was amazed at the lightness of such a large creature. The metallic rose on her carpace was breathtaking. The interesting thing was, I felt no fear whatsoever, even when I thought about being bitten, I just thought, "so be it" - just don't hurt the spider. Just then my wife walked over. She is more afraid of spiders than I am, but when she saw her lifetime fellow spider hater holding one, I could sense the same revelation coming over her. She held the same spider, with the same sense of awe. She echoed my amazement at the lightfootedness of such a seemingly dense creature. My son didn't hold it, but I tell he was hooked.

My wife and I agreed that when the time was right, we would certainly get one. Two months later while on vacation in Florida, we came across an exotic pet dealer at a flea market. His massive T. blondi caught my eye and we ended up talking for about a half hour. He showed me his slings for sale, including a H. lightfooti that he was particularily proud of.

He had one adult female G. Rosea in a nice large keeper complete with substrate for $30, and I don't have to tell you I took her home. Her name is Rudy Huxtable and she's a very welcome member of the family. It's been two weeks and she's slowly getting used to her surroundings.

Most importantly, since my first encounter, I've hand collected a huge Hogma georgicola (wolf spider) and a cute black jumping spider and keep them in nice little habitats as well. I've conquered my fear and I know my son will not develop one.

I'm waiting a few more weeks before I attempt to handle Rudy, but she seems pretty docile from the times I've put my hand in to retrieve cricket shells, give her water and adjust her little dwelling (though she's completely redecorated since).

Many thanks! I look forward to learning much more!

I almost forgot, I am a Medical Librarian and recently pulled all the journal articles I could find on the tarantula, from phobias to urticating hairs to the power and properties of their venom. Let me know if you'd like me to post a list of what I have.

joeysgreen

Arachnopeon
Hello I'm new to inverts and was introduced by members of the herpetile hobby. I bought what the pet store said was a baby flat rock scorpion. Once it got large enough to take out and show people, I was told it was a centroides of some sort and could be dangerous. It looks like a c. gracilis, but I"m looking here to be certain.

This site has been hugely helpfull and inverts are gaining favour in my books :)

Ian