Introduce Yourself

Mydknight

Arachnopeon
Hiya Mark I'm new as well. I didn't think Australia would allow tarantula keeping that much as I heard the environmental laws are pretty strict *I always wanted to visit, thx Steve Irwin* I'm sure they will be fine T's don't ask for much apart from a good life. I think that is why I like them so much.
You are right, it's illegal to import spiders into Australia. Which unfortunately rules out all those Sth American beauties that got me interested in Tarantulas in the first place. But there are a few Australian spiders that are still pretty awesome

TheDarkLordOfMuffins

Arachnopeon
You are right, it's illegal to import spiders into Australia. Which unfortunately rules out all those Sth American beauties that got me interested in Tarantulas in the first place. But there are a few Australian spiders that are still pretty awesome
at least you can get a funnel web if you feel brave enough. In the uk you need a Dangerous Wildlife Act license to obtain one. It goes as far as needing the same license for a black widow spider

Ollie Smith

Arachnopeon
Though I would say hi. I am from Worcestershire in England. I have 58 different species of invertebrates. I have 13 centipedes, 17 scorpions which one has had babies so 41 in total. 3 different colonies of assassins bugs.A whip scorpion. Cockroach colonies,7 species of woodlice and 5 types of stick insects. I'm sure I've forget summit

Connor Tenney

Arachnopeon
Hi my names Connor and I’ve been growing exotic plants and making vivariums successfully for a few years now and have always found insects insanely beautiful and interesting so I’m really excited to dive into the world of entomology! I’m planning on building my collection of mostly beetles, Mantids, and millipedes in the near future

pixi

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Sophia from Germany. I'm a new keeper, although my fascination with this hobby has been going on for years :)

SimonSZ

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I'm Simon, originally from the UK now living in Switzerland.
I had a G. Rosea about 25 years ago, now found my way back to the hobby through my kids. We are awaiting the arrival of 3 slings.
I will update once they arrive.
This board looks to be a great resource. Looking forward to being a part of it.
Thanks
Simon

mss0031

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Michael from Alabama, U.S. I've been keeping for about a year now. I currently have 6 T's and am soon to move into a new place once I start my career here in a couple of weeks as an actuary. Besides T's, I hope to one day also keep scorpions and other exotic animals outside of invertebrates.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Hi I'm Michael from Alabama, U.S. I've been keeping for about a year now. I currently have 6 T's and am soon to move into a new place once I start my career here in a couple of weeks as an actuary. Besides T's, I hope to one day also keep scorpions and other exotic animals outside of invertebrates.
What part of Alabama? Im in Bama too. Oh and welcome aboard.

mss0031

Arachnopeon
Nice, Prattville here. I work in Montgomery.
That's awesome. I'm not gonna lie I'm looking at places in Prattville so I can just drive in to work every morning like you. Even if we never end up meeting I'm still stoked to know there are other keepers around me. I need friends to share the hobby with

Newspidermom77

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I've just signed up, as a shiny new noob in the hobby! I was always a terrible arachnophobe until one day someone sent me a video that started a change in my perception. 2 years on and after a lot of research I've taken my first steps and got myself a B. Albopilosum.
This forum has answered so many of my questions (Google any question and find the answer here, it seems!) and the community seems pretty amazing so I am looking forward to being a part of it

GBBFan

Arachnopeon
Hi, all. Novice from the UK here. Long time tarantula fan, especially of the Greenbottle Blue (gosh, those colours are stunning), but have yet to own one of my own - that'll be changing soon though, I'm getting my first tarantula in about a month! Figured joining here would be a good move as I prepare to get my first T.

Atwood

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody. New guy here. :)

My name is Brandon. I'm 27 and live in the middle of nowhere, Western North Carolina.

I've been fascinated by all things creepy crawly since I was a kid. Growing up in Florida I had no shortage of bugs and spiders to study. While other kids my age were catching pokemon I was out flipping over wood piles to catch things in mason jars.

I currently have two tarantula spiderlings. Both are Brachypelma Boehmei. This is my first time raising a sling and I wanted to find a place to go for backup and advice. To learn as much as possible and keep the healthiest, happiest T's I can. :)

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Edit - There we go. Pictures sorted. Thank you Ms Ungoliant!

My Boehmei slings!

One is in premolt and I'm super excited :D

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Edit - I tried to put two pictures of my slings on here and I think I failed...
How to embed images in forum posts, gallery comments, or conversations:
  1. Open the image (in Arachnoboards) that you want to embed.
  2. Copy the code in "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" or "Share BB GALLERY Code." (Both of these options allow the user to click the image for a link to the source.)
  3. Paste the code where you want the image to be in your forum post.

"Share BB IMG (With Thumbnail) Code" results in a small preview with a link to the original:

"Share BB GALLERY Code" results in a large preview with a link to the original:

D P

Arachnopeon
My name is Duane and I keep my tarantulas in my 7th grade science classroom. I have kept Ts in my class on and off over my 29 years teaching and currently keep 11 species in my room. Acanthoscurria geniculata, Aphonopelma chalcodes, Aphonopelma seemanni, Brachypelma albopilosum, Brachypelma vagans, 2 Caribena Versicolor, Hapalopus sp Columbia, Neoholothele incei, Pamphobeteus platyomma, Psalmopoes cambridgei, and Pseudoclamoris gigas. No desire to breed any but I really enjoy the variety that I currently keep.

I just added the arboreal spiders this spring and the versicolor just molted and will be rehoused in a couple weeks, since they have are outgrowing the vials that they came in. If there are other teachers out there that want to share info, let me know.

TarantulaTrey

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
I have no idea if I’m doing this correctly, but I’m Trey. I currently have 4 T’s but I am certainly looking for more. Honestly I came to this form in hopes of finding some people or breeders close to me here in Columbus Ohio. Pet stores around here carry T’s but generally I only see Pink toes and Curly hairs. I’m wanting to add some rarer T’s to my family. The next three I want are an OBT, GBB, and a Brazilian Black. Let me know if you can help or wanna talk T’s!

D P

Arachnopeon
Trey---If your local pet stores don't offer the species you are looking for you have a couple options. You could travel to a local Reptile show, they typically have dealers that will have Ts--check the dealer list before driving. Another option is to use an online dealer. I am sure this site has a variety of threads that discuss the different online dealers.

I try to buy locally but have used a couple online sources and have been very happy with them. Be sure to do your research on the species you are looking to keep, so you are not surprised by their speed or bite.

Jo Nigrovic

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm Jo, and this is my first time owning a tarantula (I did a bunch of research but don't you know it.... I feel like I don't know enough). I'm a vet. Tech but we don't see arachnids for the most part.

I was a long time arachnophobic person but I've recently (in the past year) cone to recognize the beauty and personality of a tarantula. I hope to own more but I started with a very basic and easy species.

cold blood

Staff member
I have no idea if I’m doing this correctly, but I’m Trey. I currently have 4 T’s but I am certainly looking for more. Honestly I came to this form in hopes of finding some people or breeders close to me here in Columbus Ohio. Pet stores around here carry T’s but generally I only see Pink toes and Curly hairs. I’m wanting to add some rarer T’s to my family. The next three I want are an OBT, GBB, and a Brazilian Black. Let me know if you can help or wanna talk T’s!
Trey---If your local pet stores don't offer the species you are looking for you have a couple options. You could travel to a local Reptile show, they typically have dealers that will have Ts--check the dealer list before driving. Another option is to use an online dealer. I am sure this site has a variety of threads that discuss the different online dealers.

I try to buy locally but have used a couple online sources and have been very happy with them. Be sure to do your research on the species you are looking to keep, so you are not surprised by their speed or bite.
There is a classified section here on AB. Its full of dealers and breeders. All sellers here must have a review page, so its easy to buy with confidence. We have a lot of great sellers here.

Welcome to the boards.