Introduce Yourself

Crispy Crawler

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Jason. Im new to the hobbies. I live in California, in the Bay Area. I'm hoping to learn more about inverts, and hopefully make some connections here.

MrWotiWo

Arachnopeon
Hello There.
Im Andrzej. Im new to spider. I started watching youtube videos about spider and got into them. I have had reptiles in the past and currently own a RTB. Recently bought my first T. Avicularia Avicularia. Love it. Ill post pictures when i get home.

Taibshe

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Sarah I have just joined and as of yet have no tarantulas in my home/family.
I have joined because it is very important to me to learn as much as I can from the people who love and live with tarantulas every day, before I take any active steps towards adding one to my home. I have too much regard for adding any new life to my home and care, to do it in an uninformed or spontaneous way. So I embrace my ignorance, but with the understanding that I want to proceed in the right way and would welcome any feedback including recommended titles, etc.
I look forward to learning from all of you and promise not to you ask any stupid questions if I can figure out if they are stupid before asking :)

petermesh

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

Did a search for my latest Spider Edition Care sheet and *poof* the link to this forum was the first I came across. So here I am.

My son initially wanted a pet spider some 3 years ago. So we got him a Chillian Rose Juvenile. To his disappointment this spider ran away from its food most times and ate now and then... and now after getting him another ..... and now 5 tarantula's later.

I will post my spiders in the correct link soon. Gonna have a bit of a browse .. till next time.

Speak soon :)

many many legs

Arachnosquire
Been coming here over the years to learn about the bugs I get at LA's Bug Fair each year. I started collecting a few baja california insects like centipedes and scorpions and just wanted to get in on the conversation so I could learn about their needs and share their pics :)

Sago93

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I'm Marcin from Jaroslaw in Poland. I returned to the hobby after a few years of break. So it's time to refresh my knowledge. I started from 4 spieces Brachypelma L1 wish me luck :p I was already here, but now I finally made an account: P.

shodan

Arachnopeon
Hi people,

I've been reading here for a while and I'm looking to get back into the hobby after many years. I've kept Brachys and Avics in the past. Currently doing updated research on various species.

Hope everyone is ok :happy:

W01f

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm Wolf and I literally just picked up my first tarantulas today! A grammastola pulchra (Brazillian Black) named Lord Varys the Spider(ling) because I am a nerd haha. Anyway, nice to meet you all!

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm John, from Liverpool in the UK. New to tarantulas, got my first winging its way to me in a few days (little 8cm G. pulchripes).

Was never particularly fond of spiders until I held a B. smithi at a kids birthday party, now I'm eyeing up my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. already. Just need the wife to get used to the 1st for a while!

I've read a lot of useful info on these boards already, so hello and thanks.

Nikki Wilds

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Nikki :)
At this current moment, I have 1 scorpion, 18 tarantula, 1 hamster, 3 GALS and several fish and a bengal x siamese cat.

I have a degree in Zoo Biology and work at weekends as a keeper and in the week as a software tester to get dollah. I'm from the UK.

Pretty much an animal nut from the start really!

Aggett

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Anthony, very recently gotten into the hobby. Buzzing to get started properly, I got my first T about a week ago and got told about this page by Exeter Exotics where I got my T. I have a Brachypelma Vagans, any and all advice on looking after this species will be more than welcome and wanted.

Cheers
Ant

ConnorsTs

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, my name's Connor and I'm new to arachnoboards. I spent about 2 years becoming obsessed with the hobby before choosing a G. Pulchripes as my first T. I loved the fact that you could get such a docile species of tarantula and have it also look so beautiful.

Well... my little guy is a complete SAVAGE!!

I've had him/her around 6 months and in that time I've temperament tested it about once a month by gently touching it's abdomen or back legs with a plastic straw or folded paper.

The first time I tried, it spun around and insta-struck the straw (assumed it was just a feeding response.) I then tapped it again on the abdomen and it slowly turned and sat in a threat posture for about 5 mins. (Pretty cute as it was about 2 inches at the time). So I left it alone.

Every time I've tried since it's immediately gone into a threat posture and then bitten the straw if touched again.

Side note, it's never once kicked a hair; this one goes straight killmode!!

Still love it though. Planning on getting an arboreal next if anyone has any suggestions!

Attachments

Last edited:

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Hi folks, my name is Peggy Sue :singing:. I've always loved animals but am afraid of spiders, sharks, and ear wigs. (yes, in that order.) My first T was a rescue/rehome and I was hoping by having it I would learn to care and respect other spiders. Instead I'm hooked on learning about and owning T's, but still skittish about various spiders when they pop out of nowhere in the house and basement. Especially the black widow looking ones, I really panic about those. Happy to be here to learn more, I also enjoy setting up live plant enclosures for my critters so have been enjoying all the pictures and examples here.

KellyJade

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I’m Kelly and I live in belgium. We currently own 9 tarantula’s, one Amblypigi (and non spider pets )

I got my first T 15 years ago, an AF G. pulchra and she is still with me today (see profile pic). Have been out of the hobby for years but I recently picked it up again, hence the expanding collection. I have more T’s on the way and also want to add other spiders (wolf, trapdoor... ) so I want to learn as much as possible. Figured it was about time I joined here

Greets!

HalfConscious

Arachnopeon
Hiya All!

I'm Steph in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada!) and I'm fairly new to keeping tarantulas..
I got my first T last year and am already totally hooked!

Mark Walker

Arachnopeon
Hi All!

I'm Mark, from Gloucester - UK. Just getting into the hobby and got my first T last week. Been reading and learning ready to keep these little fellas and looking forward to learning more on these boards!

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I used to be verrrrryyyy arachnophobia as a kid. I couldn't even look at spiders in books! That changed when I was 9 and got to hang out with a teacher's brachypelma hamorii (smithii?) at lunch time for a couple of weeks. After that I was cured of the arachnophobia.

I think it was when I learned that the t has way more to fear from me that changed my mind. This was in the 80's and now I have my own t now!

I love arachnoboards! Easily one of the best sources of information online. Thanks to everyone here for making me feel welcome and helping me get into the hobby!

Cheers!

Martikhoras

Arachnopeon
Hello folks,
my name is René and I got interested in tarantulas because last year youtube recommended videos of tarantulas to me.
Yes I know a lot of research has to be done. I never was sure if I wanted a pet but tarantulas fascinated me somehow. I guess you can all understand that.
I read a lot about tarantulas and I am an owner of one Grammostola pulchra sling since the 31st of May.
I know it's hard to begin with slings and sadly I now understand why: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/caribena-versicolor-sling-enclosure-too-little-too-late.321124/

Last edited:

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone. I'm Jess and although I've been on this forum a few weeks + really enjoying it, only now have I found this section.

So I guess I'd better introduce myself! Well, there isn't much to say, but I used to be a terrible kill it with fire arachnophobe until my daughter came along (she's now 9). There was a large spider in the car with us right by her head when she was a baby and I had no option but to deal with it, which terrified me at the time (in case you're wondering the poor thing got flicked out the window). Little by little, I dealt with the phobia but tarantulas are really the thing that I fell in love with. I'm sure I'll end up with my 1st soon! But I'm taking it slowly and have been researching, reading and watching 100's of hours of YouTube T. vids over the last 18 months in preparation. Not even in preparation really, it's become my enjoyment and way of relaxing.

Turned out I had a bit more to say than I thought!