Introduce Yourself

Already made a few posts but I'd better do one of these...

Kept a couple of species of arachnids, insects and other inverts the past, as well as brackish-water fish and some lizards.
Getting back into invert keeping after almost a decade with only a single tortoise and a couple of onycophorans.

I'm hoping to keep a small number of species of arachnid, myriapods and other inverts in naturalistic setups and hopefully breed them successfully :)

I'm currently keeping:
Heterometrus sp. (Forest Scorpion)
Damon medius (Whipspider)

I'm currently awaiting:
Epiperipatus barbadensis (Velvet Worm)
Peripatoides novaezealandiae (Velvet Worm)
Grammastola rosea

I'm currently setting up for:
Carcinoscorpius rotundicaudata (Mangrove Horseshoe Crab)

I'll be sure to post updates on any projects I'm working on whenever I can! Look forward to being a part of Arachnoboards :)

Last edited:

brian petersen

Arachnopeon
Hi All. I used to have a couple of Grammostola rosea and an undetermined species of scorpion found in utah. I have been missing keeping Arachnids and am going to get back into it. I have not determined yet what species of T to get. I figure I will check out some of the threads and maybe get a better idea.

Kasey412

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I'm Kasey. I've been reading the boards for a while now, decided to register a week or so ago. I'm a total noob, trying to prepare as best I can for my first T (technically second, if you count the unfortunate incident when I was 7 years old and my mother let me walk out of a pet store with a A. Avicularia. )

I pride myself in being a loyal reptile girl, but... I've wanted a tarantula for a years, and I think the time is right. I have the proper space, my kids are now teenagers, doing their own thing, and I'm able to have something for myself.

Not looking to acquire a collection, I'd just like one, maybe someday two, to enjoy and provide with a long healthy life ... so that's me! Here for the education, and hopefully soon I will be able to join the discussion as a proud Tarantula mom

Milkofcow

Arachnopeon
Hey all, newb here. Was looking for imput on a T that's acting strange. I'll find the right area to post but was looking for help.

Nice to meet you all!

RikkiStar

Arachnopeon
Hiya! My name is Shellene (but Rikki is my online tag).

I’m a 28 year old senior pharmacy technician who has thought I was afraid of spiders for the longest but here I am lurking on your forum and, as of the last couple weeks, doting on my baby Brachypelma albopilosum like a proud mother.

Needless to say I am very green to the hobby but I have fallen hopelessly in love with these beautiful creatures.

Aside from working I play a lot of video games and draw lewd and terrible anime/fur art.

I’m honestly here to learn as much as I possibly can.

Thanks❤

VVSolomon

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

I am a 23yo physical anthropology major and work for a pest control company that participates in Roach Races with Madagascar Hissing Roaches. I'm hoping to find advice and discussion points that I can use during out outreaches and maintaining the roaches at our office.

I also have my own saltwater tank at home with some inverts, although this probably isn't the site for that.

squirrelystar

Arachnopeon
::waves::

Names Victoria, I'm almost 29. Originally from Dallas, Texas, currently residing in Northridge, California. I work at a drug rehabilitation center. After 10 years in the food industry I decided to change fields. Anyways.. I'm new to the hobby. My brother had two Caribena Versicolors years ago and recently inspired me to get some tarantulas.

I'm here to learn as much as I can as I've fallen in love with caring for these fascinating creatures. :happy:

Liganna

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

This account is about a decade old and I am amazed I even got into it.

M name is Jessica from San Antonio, TX. I used to be an avid hobbyist and then children happened and I had sold all my little buddies due to time, but now , after 10 years, I'd love to get back into it.

Astatine

Arachnopeon
Hi all. My name is Aidan, I'm 22 and from Devon in England. I work in the pharmaceutical industry.

Recently, out of interest, I've been watching YouTube videos about tarantulas and have decided that they would make the perfect pet for me (obviously, a good starter such as a Grammostola species). They're truly fascinating.

Hopefully I'll be part of the circuit soon enough!

spoggy298

Arachnopeon
Just wanted to say hello. My name is Steve, and I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 25-30 year absence. I'm in Ohio, and I'll let everyone know what I start back with when I get it, still looking ATM.

SmolBat

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Sara, will answer to that or "Smol", "Smolson", or "Batty". I've been wanting to get into exotics for a long time (since I was 12, now 29 and finally living the dream!) and ended up starting with Tarantulas because they were the easiest to care for. What started as a plan to get "just one or two" turned into 10 slings now sitting pretty on my desk where I can keep an eye on them.

I currently have:
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Aphonopelma chalcodes
Brachypelma hamorii
Brachypelma vagans
Caribena versicolor x2
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Grammostola pulchripes
Homoeomma chilensis
Ybyrapora diversipes

I signed up for this account a little over a month ago in hopes of gleaning good tips for husbandry and just being part of an overall neat community. I'm a "housewife" sort of person with a fondness for spooky witchy aesthetics in general, a love for doodling and tabletop gaming, a zeal for Magic: The Gathering, and a sporadic interest in various video games and MMOs. Do want to eventually branch out from tarantulas into other exotics but this wouldn't be the forum for those! I adore my Ts and am grateful a forum like this exists so I can make sure to take the best care of them possible. Thanks for reading <3

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am new to tarantulas and doing research into buying my first one soon -- I'm waiting until after my trip in June though. I have narrowed my choices down to either a Brachypelma albopilosum or smithi. I've always been interested in animals and nature, and I had always assumed that tarantulas were difficult to care for. When I found out that they aren't at all, I started learning more about them and now I am excited to have a spider around :D

I'm a step-mom to two teenagers, in addition I write, draw and sew as a hobby, eventually I'd like to make money from it. I love musicals, horror movies, video games, tabletop gaming, and collecting dolls and plush as well. Our current non-arachnid pets are a dog that we are guessing is an Australian Cattle Dog mix (but we aren't sure), and two cats. I also love birds, we don't have any now but I plan to get some in a few years when we have more space.

Currently we live in beautiful upstate New York, but Mr Hare is in the Navy so we've moved around a lot.

etxkeeper

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm new to the hobby, and after lurking and reading here for a while I thought I would create an account and be more involved. My husband and I are currently in the East Texas area and have made the drive to Dallas for a few expos.

I have really enjoyed learning about different species and finding the large variety of tarantulas available. I really hope to continue advancing as a keeper and purchase species I'm comfortable with as I go. Currently we have two 3/4" B. Vagans slings and a 3/4" B. Albopilosum sling, which I can't wait to see grow.

Yoklan

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

My name is Yoklan. I’m a 21 year old medical student from the Netherlands. I enjoy snowboarding, surfing, rowing, going out with friends, traveling, going to concerts and just watching a good series on Netflix.
After wanting one eversince I was a little girl, I have just bought my first T! A juvenile B. Hamorii called Morticia.

While I was watching a lot of youtube video’s about T’s, I finally decided to get one since they really seemed like the perfect pet! I really enjoyed learning about them and all the differences between the species. I wish I studied medicine as easily:p
After lurking around on this site for advice on how to take care of my new roommate, I made an account to be more involved and learn more about these fascinating pets from all of you!

Greetings from Rotterdam and have a nice day!:)

Last edited:

Misschuffa

Arachnopeon
Hi, I’m Jo, from the uk. Quite new to keeping Ts. Was always a little but freaked out as a child.....soooo many legs. But then I took my daughter to a exotics meet and greet, held a rosy and a Brazilian salmon pink!! Then on visiting my local exotic shop(for calci worms for my pals beardie) I became the proud spider mum of a Brazilian white knee ! Welllllll that was about 2 months ago.........I now have 5 Ts !! This forum has been the best place to come and get info, so thought I’d sign up and introduce myself, ha.

Tabithatarantula

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I’m from the U.k too, I’ve been a serious arachnophobe all my life but a few years ago I got a phiddipus Jumping Spider, then a hamorii, now I have 19, and counting, tarantulas and two vinegaroons that live in my bedroom in glass terrariums so I can view them all the time which I just love.
I also keep chameleons and other lizards.
Pleased to be here.

Mr T Rantula

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I'm Josh from Australia. I've been a lurker on these forums for a while but recently took the plunge and made an account. I've always been interested and fascinated by arachnids, insects, reptiles and everything in between. Where I currently live has no room for a traditional pet so I went for something different and looked into getting a T. Surprisingly, there was a decent pet store near me that sold them! Australia has very strict import laws, so if it's not native, it's not here pretty much. I'll never have some of the amazing T's I've seen on here, but thankfully there are a few here in Aus that I can keep. At the moment I just have the single OW S. plumpies (sometimes known as an Australian Featherleg), but I do have a S. crassipies sling on the way!

CorCam

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I'm Josh from Australia. I've been a lurker on these forums for a while but recently took the plunge and made an account. I've always been interested and fascinated by arachnids, insects, reptiles and everything in between. Where I currently live has no room for a traditional pet so I went for something different and looked into getting a T. Surprisingly, there was a decent pet store near me that sold them! Australia has very strict import laws, so if it's not native, it's not here pretty much. I'll never have some of the amazing T's I've seen on here, but thankfully there are a few here in Aus that I can keep. At the moment I just have the single OW S. plumpies (sometimes known as an Australian Featherleg), but I do have a S. crassipies sling on the way!
I’m Laurel from North Sacramento, CA. I’ve been a brand new T owner (7 so far!) and my husband and I are having a lot of fun! Some new owner stress too because three of our slings won’t eat so we’re pretty sure pre-molt. I hope!

Rix11

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Laura. I was born and raised in Illinois and have lived in FL for the past 22 years. I collected Ts for about 7 years while I was teaching. At the time I had about 15 tarantulas all NW and various ages. I tend to like getting slings and watching them grow. When I stopped teaching about 3 years ago, I stopped collecting because we were going to be making a big move, so I found new homes for my Ts where they could excite and engage a whole new age of collector one day. So I guess you could say now that I'm rebuilding. Can't wait to get started. : )