Introduce Yourself

kieren hayes

Arachnopeon
Hey! I’m Kieren. I don’t own any tarantulas because my roommate/bestfriend thinks they are creepy :( So I’m just here to live vicariously through all of you.

Arrngrim

Arachnopeon
Greetings, I go by Arrngrim online, I've never owned a tarantula and am looking into buying my first one. I am doing copious amounts of research prior to said purchase. I intend to visit a Repticon in my area next month also. Thank you in advance for all of the information I am sure I will find here.

Barry67

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

After some research i have just purchased an Avicularia sp. Kwitara at juvenile age it is my first T, i should be able to pick the spider up next weekend depending on weather. Any way a quick message tyo say Hi as i am bound to have some questions and thus far reading the forum has been helpful

Snakewoman

Arachnopeon
Hi, I just joined today. Since so many of my inquiries end up here I finally decided to join. I also thought it would be a great place to get answers from other people rather than google since there is so much conflicting info out there. And I might be able to help someone too! :)

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Hi all,

I am Urzeitmensch from Germany.

I am new to the hobby and got my first Tarantula (B. harmori) about a week ago.

I have been stalking this forum for quite some time and found a lot of good advice. So thank you all for helping me get into the hobby!

Hentai

Arachnopeon
Hey,

I'm JD from Scotland.

Totally new to the hobby, setting up my first enclosure this weekend.
I've been reading lots and lurking on the forum for a while and finally decided to dive in.

Jasonhr

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am Jason from The Netherlands and new in this addictive hobby.
I hope to learn a lot about tarantulas on this forum.

Yeahhtrue

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I'm Dan. I've been in the hobby for a little over two years now. I've been on TarantulaForums sporadically but never posted over here mainly because for some reason, this place was blocked at work and that's where I do most of my internet browsing. For whatever reason, it's no longer blocked, so here I am! I've kept my collection small but am looking to pick up some more additions soon. I post pictures/videos of my Ts on Instagram @tardantula, give me a follow if you're interested!

0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.0.2 Grammostola pulchra
0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.0.1 Caribena versicolor
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
0.0.1 Homeoemma chilensis

Minty

@londontarantulas
Hi guys, I'm Dan. I've been in the hobby for a little over two years now. I've been on TarantulaForums sporadically but never posted over here mainly because for some reason, this place was blocked at work and that's where I do most of my internet browsing. For whatever reason, it's no longer blocked, so here I am! I've kept my collection small but am looking to pick up some more additions soon. I post pictures/videos of my Ts on Instagram @tardantula, give me a follow if you're interested!

0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.0.2 Grammostola pulchra
0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.0.1 Caribena versicolor
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
0.0.1 Homeoemma chilensis
Please don't put tarantulas on your face, it's a selfish, unnecessary risk to both you and the tarantula.

Yeahhtrue

Arachnopeon
Please don't put tarantulas on your face, it's a selfish, unnecessary risk to both you and the tarantula.
She wasn't 'put' there so much as I didn't discourage her climbing. For what it's worth, I was sitting on my bed and she was only there briefly before being lowered again. But anyway, I changed my avatar so as not to tick off anyone else.

Brad R

Arachnopeon
Hi I Brad,I am 35 from British Columbia, Canada. I am new to tarantulas, I just bought my first tarantula she is a Chilean rose hair (G. Rosea) yesterday and interested in learning more on tarantula keeping.

Last edited:

719Bloodhound

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!! I’m new to the hobby, my son and I have a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling that’s about 1”. I am enjoying the reading about t’s and he is enjoying watching the sling grow.

Paul

Last edited:

spidergirlasf

Arachnopeon
Hi! I am completely new to tarantulas. I have never owned one, but I am getting a Grammostola pulchripes very soon.

Brad R

Arachnopeon
Hi I Brad,I am 35 from British Columbia, Canada. I am new to tarantulas, I just bought my first tarantula she is a Chilean rose hair (G. Rosea) yesterday and interested in learning more on tarantula keeping.
Correction: someone on an other group pointed out it is a G poteri

NotRotty

Arachnopeon
Hello, new to the forum. I currently have 1 Pandinus ?, 1 Heterometrus ?, a dozen or so Gromphadorhina portentosa(Not for feeders), and what I assume is a T. stirmi. Used scientific names since most here do.
I have plans on furthering my collection.

Read some useful information so far, looking to learn more.

I

Vandle

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

My name is Christian. Im new to this and to inverts. in general. I have been researching and finally pulled the trigger on an H. Spinifer, we are calling 'Sting'. I have a 5 year old and 7 year old and we all love interesting animals and critters. In addition to the Spinifer we have a Ghecko, 'Remmy'.

Glad to have access to a lot of great people and information. In the future im sure ill be looking into a tarantula. Ive been following "The Dark Den" on youtube. A lot great information on there as well.

Cheers!

Attachments

Daniel PMPE

Arachnopeon
My name is Daniel and I would like to greet everyone here. I live in Brazil, in the city of Recife. I love to create tarantulas and I create some specimens of various species in my house. I am currently a civil servant and in my spare time I dedicate my spiders.

Derivative

Arachnosquire
Welp Im a bit late as some of you probably have seen some of my posts and replies. But here goes. I am a 15 year old who loves tarantulas, and skiing.
I currently own a 3 Inch Suspect Female A. Variegata and a 5 inch Female G. Rosea. I am planning on getting a P. Irminia within the month of April.

Hilabeanz

Arachnopeon
Hello arachnofriends!

I have been lurking for a little while and am finally posting. I inadvertently stumbled into tarantula keeping 6 years ago by taking in an unwanted female g. rosea from a co-worker. I have only recently added a b. boehmei sling and female b. albopilosum "nicaragua" to the household. So while I've had a T for a few years I still consider myself quite the newcomer to the hobby. I am so in love with the variety, beauty and grace of them. I will post some pics of Charlotte and Mathilde to my profile. Boehmei is unnamed until I get the little guy/gal sexed. I'm old fashioned that way. ;)

I'm in Texas - so howdy y'all!

Hinin

Arachnopeon
Hi ya'll!!! My name is Ares and i am 36 years old from Athens-Hellas(Greece)
My love for scorpions bring me here and the need for experience for them!
I have 2 Heterometrus 1 male (95%) and 1 female (95%) and here we don't have much informations for scorpions.