Introduce Yourself

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Hi everyone, my name is Lucas. I'm Polish student studying abroad in Tianjin (China). I'm pretty new to the hobby (just got my first tarantula few days ago), however I've been interested in it for past few months. As I finally have my GBB, I'm officially becoming active on the forums to make sure my tarantula gets everything she needs.

CrazyDane

Arachnopeon
Hallo in from litte Denmark and have 2 T’s Well gona expand collections this year with 10 or more this year

Last edited:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I went to Öland a few summers ago with my grandparents. I have family right next door in Kalmar :)
I thought you where a suede! Then i saw you where from Texas! Very unusal that an american have been in Sweden! Non the less Öland and Kalmar!!! I i knew you then i woukd habe invited you! What did you like Öland! Nice nature eigh!!! And you have family in Kalmar you said! Cool! What are they? Like related or something!?

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello Everyone,
I thought I’d reintroduce myself. I think I signed up here in 2002. I had a pretty big and varied tarantula collection around that time. I sold everything in 2006 to focus on breeding snakes. I never lost interest in tarantulas but life made it difficult for me to jump back into the hobby. Well, this year was the year for me and I jumped back in with the purchase of two Avicularia avicularia. Hoping to add some more through out the year. Especially more avics, Asian species, and my favorite genus...Poecilotheria.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
What did you like Öland! Nice nature eigh
Very nice area to visit, we did a lot of driving and seeing the different sites. I would love to go back again some time.

And you have family in Kalmar you said! Cool! What are they? Like related or something!?
My Farfar and Farmor have a summer house close to Kalmar. We stay there to go hunting and fishing in the summer and my Farfar lives there during the moose hunting season. My dad is from Växjö and that is where my Farfar and Farmor spend most of their time. Actually I am planning a trip to Växjö this summer to visit them and we will be in Kalmar for one or two weeks.

Ezekielpasco

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Ezekiel my age is 16 (you can call me zeke for short) I've been reading in this site for quite a while. I like arthropods quite a much, had my first when I was nine (a scorpion) that lasted for about two years, and keeping that scorpion made my fond of arthropod grow and now got a lil collection consisting of 2 centipede 3 tarantula and two scorpion.

Matt morris

Arachnopeon
Hi all my name is Matt from Quincy,MI I have 5!! Kids and play bass in a bar band and am kinda new to owning Ts but have become addicted lol. I currently have a stripe knee and and a metallic pink toe and would love to get into owning some other species down the road I’m kinda obsessed with the OBT’s and would love to get one

1000legs

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi everyone! I have recently taken the plunge into invertebrates and have started with millipedes. In the near future I hope to get some more with the end goal of having some tailless whip scorpions as well. Knowing myself, along the way Ill probably end up with a bunch of different species of millipedes but for now Im starting with two.

mushuporker

Arachnopeon
Hey there, my names Jess. I'm 23 and I'm an avid exotics hobbyist. I finally decided to take the plunge into Tarantulas. I got my first two on the 26th. A 1 inch B. hamorii(Aragog) and a 1/4 inch N. chromatus(Kumo). I'm extremely nervous, which tends to be my general state of being anyway lol. I named them after my two favorite things... Aragog for Harry Potter and Kumo for Japan.

RTB92

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, my name's Richard. I live in Stone Mountain GA, and I've been lurking around here for a few months, doing research before I get my first Ts. I've made the order, and the slings are on the way, so I figured it was time to make an account.

Preyfortheweak

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I am new to the hobby (got my 1st T in October of last year and now have 4 total), but have always found spiders fascinating. I have been reading threads on here since then, but finally made an account because I was sick of not being able to see all of your pictures! I look forward to exploring the invert world and being a part of the infamous arachnoboards community.

JenSkin

Arachnopeon
My name is Jen! I've been a T owner for about 3 years. Its my first real time one this board. I love the community and the gathering of info! Ill be asking tons of questions as my collection grows. 11 in total now.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, Just now getting back into the hobby after a LONG hiatus... Been lurking a bit and I'm amazed at how much has changed since I've been gone. I won a freebie L. parahybana sling from a youtube giveaway last summer and that gave me the itch, picked up a B. albopilosum from a local pet store last week and then yesterday had a give me an OBT sling. So I think I may have begun my descent into a collector. I'm going to try and stick with NW species with the exception of the OBT of course. Anyway I'm looking forward to learning and seeing how the hobby has changed.

JoJoLani

Arachnopeon
Hiya! New to the hobby here but within a month I've already gotten 3 new lil buddies. Used to be scared of anything with more than 4 legs but then I actually decided to take the time to learn about them. I'm hoping to make some friends to geek out with here.

TCDeluxe

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I have four little buddies on their way. The enclosures are ready. Can't wait to meet them!
Nice to see such an active community and to find a great source of information.

Civilian

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I am very excited to join an active community. I am a new T hobbyist, and looking forward to future adventures down the road. I have a B.boehmei and N. chromatus being delivered very early next week. I eventually will step into the realm of Old Worlds, specifically Baboons, but will start out with some New Worlds to get my feet wet and proper husbandry practices down before moving to more difficult animals. Thank you for having me, and I look forward to meeting you all, and learning new info!

SavageCritter

Arachnopeon
Hello folks! I'm getting back into Ts after a substantial break. Mostly experienced with New World species, with a soft spot for avics and dwarf species in particular. It's nice to see one of the old forums is still going strong! Looking forward to the weather warming up for better sling shipping conditions :p

I used to have "pet" wolf spiders that lived in the garden wall, who I would bring ants and other small offerings to. It was fascinating to watch the spiders at work, though I did apologize to the ants!

xzpat

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, new to the hobby, my name is Vincent from the Philippines. Looking forward for new friends. I started with 9 spider lings and now they are 24 :happy:

Whiskey

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I'm recently into the hobby of tarantula keeping, and have been lurking here for a bit, looking at this and that. I've currently got five Ts and looking to get more to expand the collection and knowledge base for keeping them!

N. Chromatus, L. Parahybana, P. Irminia, B. Vagans, B. Emilia.

Olemier

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I’m Josh, I’m also very new to this hobby. I just picked up my first T a few days ago after a lifelong interest in tarantulas. I’ve loved spiders my whole life.

I’m currently at University studying Computer Science with a minor in Philosophy. This is a side hobby that’s always been incredibly interesting to me so I’m happy I’ve found a place for people with similar interests!

Hope to be pretty active on here from here on out, nice to meet you all!!