Who molted today?

fcat

Arachnodemon
Arachnosupporter
The largest Brachypelma I've ever seen in my life, my male B auratum "Zoso," has molted...

PXL_20240702_145602747.jpg

He did not mature 🤯🤯🤯🤯

I am blown away. Going to be a lot of disappointed ladies, but I'm glad we get more time together.

His claim to fame...the mean lady that works at FedEx took an interest in my packages after the umpteenth one, and asked to see one of the tarantulas. No harm in popping the corner of a lid to sneak a peak, right? Because most tarantulas are hunkered down from shipping? Not this guy. He threw that lid open and had a walkabout on the desks. First time I saw her smile. She technically hasn't hated me any more for it.

I blinked and missed the flip, but here's from fresh ink
PXL_20240702_150918178.jpg

Last edited:

drurymercy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
The largest Brachypelma I've ever seen in my life, my male B auratum "Zoso," has molted...

View attachment 477243

He did not mature 🤯🤯🤯🤯

I am blown away. Going to be a lot of disappointed ladies, but I'm glad we get more time together.

His claim to fame...the mean lady that works at FedEx took an interest in my packages after the umpteenth one, and asked to see one of the tarantulas. No harm in popping the corner of a lid to sneak a peak, right? Because most tarantulas are hunkered down from shipping? Not this guy. He threw that lid open and had a walkabout on the desks. First time I saw her smile. She technically hasn't hated me any more for it.

I blinked and missed the flip, but here's from fresh ink
View attachment 477244
Ssssoooo vibrant!!!! How big do you think he is?

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
P. subfusca "lowland" female molted last night, curious to see what legspan the molt measures out at, she has some chompers on her!
image_67216897 (1).JPG
image_67209473.JPG

gardener889

Arachnopeon
My little versicolor just outgrew his little guy enclosure today. He’ll be hardening up getting a meal or two, and moving into his new home in the next couple weeks. I love how they have that blue outlining the white after a molt. image.jpg E4081F4E-584B-492C-8760-840DDD83341E.jpeg

The Spider House

Arachnolord
Theraphosa blondi
One of the babies from own breeding. L1 was Dec 22
She was 5 inches DLS on the moult 5.7.24.
Spermathecae and DLS pics for reference
20240705_111913.jpg 20240705_112017.jpg

gardener889

Arachnopeon
And yesterday Paul, the Urupelma Peruvianum (formerly Homoeomma Peruvianum) just molted. I couldn’t get photos because tiny dude hides in his/her burrow. I’m hoping to size up to 4” cube, but from first glances they might be in their vial a little longer.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Today my little dude Nigel Vitalius chromatis male moulted there was only 4.7 inches on the moult and to my surprise he has matured! I knew he was male but didn't think he would mature so quickly. Not the best pics but can see his hooks n boxing gloves. 20240706_183053.jpg 20240706_144346.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Handsome dude!
Thanks 😊 I think he is too but unfortunately I have no female for him so he will live out his days with me poor guy. No one wants him, can't give chromatis away here .

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks 😊 I think he is too but unfortunately I have no female for him so he will live out his days with me poor guy. No one wants him, can't give chromatis away here .
I understand that - my female isn't allowed to associate with boys. There's no way I'm going to deal with 1000+ slings from one sac, and I think there are very few people who will. 😆

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
I understand that - my female isn't allowed to associate with boys. There's no way I'm going to deal with 1000+ slings from one sac, and I think there are very few people who will. 😆
I hear that 😆 I wouldn't want 1000 chromatis even if they are great spoods. It's OK though, I love him even if no one else does 🤷🏻‍♀️

drurymercy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Look my little little sling I’ve had has molted twice last molt he got brighter white banding but this time now he has his red abdomen!! Can’t wait for him to come back up and get a proper pic. And looks like he put on a good amount of size!! I’ve never had one burrow so intensely the dirt is now touching the top of the lid😂 and my P auratus also molted I only saw his translucent leg for a moment in a crack in the sub so I’ll need to wait for him to emerge for a pic at all!

Attachments

drurymercy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
I just got up to look at my spiders and my 2 inch C versicolor molted too💕💕 time to rehouse this one!!

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Today my little dude Nigel Vitalius chromatis male moulted there was only 4.7 inches on the moult and to my surprise he has matured! I knew he was male but didn't think he would mature so quickly
I know your shock. My H pulchripes just hooked out at 3.5”.

In other oddities, here’s a freshly molted feeder. Quickly got him out the bin before his fellow inmates got to him. Another feeder, baby cricket, molted between the time I fed his roommate to another spider and when I reached in to grab him. His intended had to wait another day to eat as the freshly molted don’t move.
IMG_2822.jpeg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
I know your shock. My H pulchripes just hooked out at 3.5”.

In other oddities, here’s a freshly molted feeder. Quickly got him out the bin before his fellow inmates got to him. Another feeder, baby cricket, molted between the time I fed his roommate to another spider and when I reached in to grab him. His intended had to wait another day to eat as the freshly molted don’t move.
View attachment 477744
Tiny dudes 😆 your lad got a female waiting? No one wants my poor dude. This is my first t male to mature with me, usually they have a girl waiting n go when penultimate so they are fresh for the breeder but with no one wanting him n not knowing he was penultimate this poor dude is stuck with me.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Tiny dudes 😆 your lad got a female waiting? No one wants my poor dude. This is my first t male to mature with me, usually they have a girl waiting n go when penultimate so they are fresh for the breeder but with no one wanting him n not knowing he was penultimate this poor dude is stuck with me.
I was planning on sexing this molt, but noticed how dark he was ..the hooks confirmed it. Didn’t need the molt. I’ll try to find him a girlfriend. Definitely didn’t see this coming so soon.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Briefly saw her out as I was leaving for work today and then this wonderful sight when I got back home after not having seen her previously for 3 weeks. 1st molt with me.
Phormingochilus sp Rufus
IMG_2859.jpeg