User Ungoliant's Tarantulas

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hungry Sling (Phormictopus sp. "south Hispaniola" 0.75")

The Elusive Flash (♀ Grammostola pulchra 3")
I rarely get good photos of her, because she is skittish and runs when I open the enclosure.

Flash Feeding (♀ Grammostola pulchra 3")

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Some photos of Genicula (juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata), who is among my favorites.

Pauldrons

Genicula

Hunting

Get Dunked

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love how fat Phormictopus slings can get. Downright hilarious at times.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Something to Sink Your Teeth Into (Phormictopus sp. "south Hispaniola" 1")

Getting Too Big for Worms (♂ Acanthoscurria geniculata 3.5")

Catch! (Avicularia avicularia 1" from @cold blood)
I cut a mealworm in half for my two Avic slings. The side with the head kept crawling with alarming speed, and when it fell off the edge of the webbing, I thought it was lost. To my surprise, the sling caught it on the way down.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Growing Boy (♂ Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

Hunting Fail (♂ Acanthoscurria geniculata 3.5")
Genicula was hunting a mealworm. He ended up in his water dish, where he remained for an hour.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Def keep updating on this little guy, I really need to add a few to my collection. I’d love to know when they start to get that amazing green coloration.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Def keep updating on this little guy, I really need to add a few to my collection. I’d love to know when they start to get that amazing green coloration.
It already has an understated, iridescent green under the right lighting, but I don't think that's their adult coloring.

Right now it is too much of an escape artist to photograph with the lid off. :D Hopefully it will settle down when I upgrade it to a larger deli cup.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
It already has an understated, iridescent green under the right lighting, but I don't think that's their adult coloring.

Right now it is too much of an escape artist to photograph with the lid off. :D Hopefully it will settle down when I upgrade it to a larger deli cup.
I’m sure it will, but that’ll be temporary as that amazing Phormictopus attitude will kick in shortly after haha

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I’m sure it will, but that’ll be temporary as that amazing Phormictopus attitude will kick in shortly after haha
Well, it can threat pose all it wants as long as it doesn't run out of the enclosure.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The White Roach (♀ Psalmopoeus cambridgei 5.5")

Avicularia avicularia Sling (1.25")

Hungry Genicula (♂ Acanthoscurria geniculata 3.75")

Flash and the Mask (♀ Grammostola pulchra 3.5")

Bulldozer (♀ Grammostola pulchra 3.5")

Rehoused Augacephalus ezendami Sling

My new 0.1 Brachypelma emilia (4.5")

Phormictopus sp. "south Hispaniola" Sling Feeding

Bumblebutt (♀ Davus pentaloris 3")

Dat Horn (♀ Ceratogyrus marshalli)

Pele (♂ Bumba cabocla 2")

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
Quick question. How do you get the cut so clean? I have been chopping up mealworms for my slings and most of the time they just gush out everywhere after the body gets cut. That looks like one mostly intact piece.

Also. You have quite the collection my friend! I am envious :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Quick question. How do you get the cut so clean? I have been chopping up mealworms for my slings and most of the time they just gush out everywhere after the body gets cut. That looks like one mostly intact piece.
I use a tiny pair of very sharp scissors.