Species Lasiodora parahybana

cabal

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am guessing it's around 4". You will love it, they are an eating machine. When I first got mine it was under a .25".

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree! Mine is about 2.5" now & would eat every single day if I fed her. She will grab a cricket before you can blink & if you give her two, she'll get'em both & be munching them at the same time.

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well my Salmon pink finally moulted, few pix before and after, she looks great now. :wink:

Bald and not so great looking

Turning darker now

And now the beautiful big hairy butt, she looks great. :wink:

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is she/he fairly young? I would guess so from the pics, but I can't be sure.

Goodness, but she scratched off a lot of her hairs before molting! Temperamental?

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeh still a baby, maybe 10 cm leg span. She had been sold a couple of times before i got her, think all the moving about caused her to kick a lot, but she isn't going anywhere now.;)

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I caught "Zsa Zsa" out taking a drink from the water dish today, thought I would share with everyone. :cool:

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, I did it on the CNC mill at work one day while i was waiting on parts. :D

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What a fuzzy wuzzy cutie! Makes me miss mine... yours even has the same bald spot. haha... just watch out for him. Mine got eaten by his mate. :(

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What a fuzzy wuzzy cutie! Makes me miss mine... yours even has the same bald spot. haha... just watch out for him. Mine got eaten by his mate. :(
We're hoping for the best....at least he's got over 3' to run away from her and my help...hopefully it goes well, is successful and no one dies.... rob

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cant really tell from the picture but how big would you put it at? Nice Colors. Have you tried handling it?

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say it is getting around 4 inches across including its legs give or take some. You can see an adult feeder criket I tossed in there before the pic in the top lefthand side.

As far as handling it? No, I don't mess with most of my "bugs" unless I have to. It isn't very agressive though, I can scoot it around it's cage with no mishaps.

TheDon04

Arachnopeon
Check it

here she is eating some crickets (three to be exact)

chillin.

I need to get some better pictures. I am still getting used to having a T in my care and trying to take a pic of it while making sure it doesnt run off is kind of hard.

Her name is

"Mistress"

I was going to name her Aragog but I'll save that for a T.Blondi

The story.

A friend of mine who is also a member here has a bunch of T's. She had a lot but downsized and now is into collecting just blondi's and breeding them. She noticed i showed an interests in her collection so she surprised me on my bday by telling me she was going to get me my first T. So that same night we came online and she started showing me T's and stuff. I told her to pick one out for me.. Something neat and not deadly :):).. Two weeks later she brings it to work to show me and I bring it home after work and put mistress in her sterilite.

So far so good. I had some crickets yesterday but I think they all died. I had no idea how to keep those stupid things.. But now I have an idea how to.I'm picking some more up today.

Lets see how long before I get another T.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent starter T! Its not very often you see people start with this species, but i have no idea why? They are so interesting and grow like weeds! Have fun with her...
-Nate

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Excellent starter T! Its not very often you see people start with this species, but i have no idea why? They are so interesting and grow like weeds! Have fun with her...
-Nate
I thought that's b/c L. para has a somewhat more defensive temperament than other NW Ts, but I wouldn't know from personal experience b/c I don't have one of my own yet. I will, however, definitely get one sooner or later.