Species Lasiodora parahybana

TheDon04

Arachnopeon
I thought that's b/c L. para has a somewhat more defensive temperament than other NW Ts, but I wouldn't know from personal experience b/c I don't have one of my own yet. I will, however, definitely get one sooner or later.
yea.. She asked me what I wanted and I was like "something cool"

I really like Mistress.. I love feeding her, its so neat to watch. I am also thankful to have such an awesome friend.. I am going to have to go all out for her bday

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have never had any defensive issues with L. parahybana that i havent had with Brachypelma sp. Matter in fact i know people that have L. parahybana that are extremely docile. Personally i would recommend L. parahybana in temperament over A. seemani any day...
-Nate

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never had any defensive issues with L. parahybana that i havent had with Brachypelma sp. Matter in fact i know people that have L. parahybana that are extremely docile. Personally i would recommend L. parahybana in temperament over A. seemani any day...
-Nate
Totally. seemanni is MUCH more skittish imo. I have both, tho my parahybana is still a sling i would describe her temperament as inquisitive, much like a GBB but less flighty. the only thing that could be a downside for a beginner is that it may be pretty worried to have both a huge and speedy tarantula, because those are surprisingly quick! nothing close to arboreal Ts or GBB tho...

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am supposed to be getting a friend of mine her second T. She used to have a pet store rosea, but we know how that can go. She asked me to pick out a T that I think would be good for her and I plan on getting her a L. parahybana as well. Can't go wrong with something that is easy to keep, pretty friendly, grows fast, eats like a pig and gets really big!

I wish I had the space for one of these guys myself, but as my collection of slings grow I am starting to realize that I need to cool it for awhile. At least until I figure out who is male and who is going to be with me for awhile. :)

TheDon04

Arachnopeon
I gave her three crickets the day I got her and she ate them all.. she didn't touch the 4th for an hour so I removed it. Yesterday I put in a cricket and she didnt seem interested.. I'll try again today .. I want her to grow big and strong..

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm

Im thinking this T could infact be a L.striatipes or possibly L.klugi because of it's colours...It hasnt faded back down at all since it molted and I have never seen a parahybana with that much black/blue in it with the red hairs so prominent as well...Or is this just an a-tyical parahybana? I can get more pics if needed. It just seems like the L.striaptipes and Klugi adults I have seen look much more like what I have, even though mine still has a lot of growing to do.

TheDon04

Arachnopeon
I ordered an Exo Terra Breeding Box so I could display her on my desk.. she deserves better than my closet.

She is currently hiding in her hid and built a mound out of substrate in front of the entrance... weird

What humidity should the enviroment be for a L. Parahybana?

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congratz on your new addition! Shes a beauty! =D Just wait until she molts for the first time! They almost double in size!!!

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Parahybana dont require alot of humidity which make them easier than T. blondi's. Just make sure she has a water dish that is full all the time and to occasionally add extra humidity you can just over flow the water dish.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never really worry about humidity with this species unless they are slings. Just make sure they have a water dish full and your good to go. If it is a sling then you want to mist one side of the vial/deli cup once a week or so.
-Nate

squeaky10199

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i want to see all the ones you guys have! from eggs with legs to massive adults! i will put pics up when i can....of my own...

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well here to hoping! My 8" female was bred around 6 times before she finally ate the male a few days ago. She wasnt gaining any size but after eating the male shes blown right back up to size! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bunch of babies!

Here she is a few days after eating the male

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How big was the male? Mine tried to the other night.....rob