Species Lasiodora parahybana

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah,
I'm going to get him out there. I need to get on that. I'm glad I've been saving shipping material.

-Andy

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last evening I came home late after a three day business trip. I have a ritual to creep into the spider room with a small flashlight to make certain that all is well. The last one I looked at was my largest spider, and as you can see, all was not well!

My first thought was not where is she at, but how did she get out?

Notice the web she left after somehow twisting the cap off and escaping! So now I am on my knees looking under the furniture where any normal large spider would hide! No luck and I begin to picture the horror movie where the spider jumps out on my face and I go screaming into the night. Finally I decide to check outside the room and on my way out she catches my eye....

I am not afraid of spiders, but I have to admit my heart skipped a beat right there and my shorts got a little tight! So how do I get her down without getting bit or hurting her...

Nope, too high to reach and well, OK, too chicken to reach and I was afraid she would Kamikaze right off the wall. I finally take a large Tupperware container and a feather duster and she is back home in no time.

All is well now, but you can bet those lids will be taped shut this morning!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It does set the heart racing, seeing a large, clumsy annoyed L.parahybana scramble along the wall. They seem to slip alot, and you can just about imagine the sound they'd make hitting the ground; or the sounds you'd make with your eyes full of urticating hairs. Glad your tale ended well.

I have a pretty identical picture actually..same color of wall, and a parahybana at almost the same height : )

They are pretty good at forcing their containers open.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Glad you found her and got her back safely.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know this is not in the sexing tarantulas section but I could not figure out how to post on that. so I was wondering if you could do it here her are some pics they are not the best so I understand if you can not do this.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's not a URL, so they don't work.

Click 'edit' at the bottom right of your post, then click 'Go Advanced' and scroll down a bit and click 'Manage Attachments' then just upload the pictures from there and post.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes it is a 3 inch Lasiodora parahybana that I bought at the Arachnocon 2006 from Kelly Swift.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here she is, hours after moulting
Yes, I'm perfectly aware that the pictures suck. What can I say? I suck at taking pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

_Lange

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just ordered a l. parahybana sling! I hope she looks just like this. This one is pretty

cabal

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my L. parahybana on the hunt for a large cricket that is out of the pictue frame

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice, how big is she? I just ordered one of these today, only a little baby tho at 0.75", but I am really psyched to get my first 'monster' T :D