Species Lasiodora parahybana

arachna

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
This is Bambi Dolores, my female L.parahybana. She molted last night, and is out enjoying her new tank.

Nico

Arachnopeon
great picture and super good looking T congrats :clap:

Northwave

Arachnopeon
All of my five LP slings - except one - have finally started eating. Two of them even attacks the food when I put it infront of them, very entertaining.

Anyway, I just got myself a new camera and shot a couple of close-up's during feeding time, enjoy! I might add more later.

BTW, these two were born on 2004-05-15, and has been in my possesion since late august. They're about 1.5 cm's across.

Attachments

Last edited:

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice picture of your parahybana eating. Nice tarantula too.

arachna

Arachnopeon
She stretched about 3 cm's after the molt. She has approx. 13-14 cm legspan.
I got the whole molting on DV-tape, just have to buy a firewirecard so I can edit it on my computer before publishing it..

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What exactly is molting?Thats a nice specimen

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very cool pics :) I love the fourth one when they are in that pose and all white they remind me of a Giger pic

c7me

Arachnopeon
Bpkid said:
What exactly is molting?Thats a nice specimen
Molt
To shed periodically part or all of a coat or an outer covering, such as feathers, cuticle, or skin, which is then replaced by a new growth.

To shed or cast off (a bodily covering)

Edit: I hope that helps? :razz:

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tarantulas molt to grow..as they start to grow bigger on the inside, their old skin cant hold up any longer..thus, Ts shed skin to grow..

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you wish to use that term, than yes. The proper term is, however, moulting.

Aidan

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Very nice pictures of the pary moulting, it looks very transparant. My paryhbana (sp.?) died after its first molt :( Good Luck with yours,

James

BTW- They get HUGE!

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice tarantula you have there..mine is about the same size as yours..

BugToxin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I relly wanted to post these yesterday just a few minutes after the molt, but I'm still just learning how to use my new camera and couldn't get the pics even close to what I wanted. I'm not much of a photographer yet, and it seems that the tricky part is getting the gorgeous photos down to the 100k limit. Anyway, my little baby (getting bigger each time) was just too nice to keep to myself so here are a few photos.

Attachments