Species Lasiodora parahybana

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My female Lasiodora parahybana is the only T I've ever kept that absolutely LOVES big ol' nightcrawlers. I was picking up the remains of the 6 large crickets I gave her yesterday (her first meal since she molted on the 20th), and she immediately attacked my tongs. I decided to grab the tub of worms that were in my fridge and let her feast since I didn't feel like going to the pet store for crickets or roaches.
Oh, and oddly enough she barely makes any mess when eating them, she pretty much slurps the whole thing up like a sausage-shaped jello shooter. :}

I love this spider.

Enjoy!:}

Last edited:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I decided to toss my sub-adult female Lasiodora parahybana an adult deathhead roach today. She had a good sized wingless nymph yesterday, as well as the juicy Canadian Nightcrawler the day before yesterday.
Well, needless to say, I tossed the fat roach in, and she instantly pounced and put it's poor victim in a guillotine.
The appetite on this spider is amazing! :D
Enjoy my quick/crummy pics!

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is merely a snack for her. I wish I kept filming, she just kept going to town on nearly a dozen crickets in a matter of minutes untill she had a sloppy goo underneath her. I love how she does her shakey happy-dance right after smoting her meal.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYfbjj_UdE

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well my dad insisted that we take pictures of his l para "doug" on top of this stuffed rudolph we have. hahahah here they are:

yes we were extra cautious in case he bolted, but he was very calm

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL Doug The Christmas Spider. That would make a great children's book!

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He's just as big as mine. :) Very cool. It's crazy to know how big this itty bitty thing will get.

samthebugman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you would like to take guesses on the sex from the 1st picture it would be GREATLY appreciated :)

J_dUbz88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i cant wait for my l parahybana to start kicking off some molts, its still jsut a little sling, about 1/4".

Nice t.

Atrax1207

Arachnopeon
It looks like male to me from first pic, but hey, I could be wrong. :D Nice spidey, can't wait for mine to gain some size. :)

Bye

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Thomas! Great looking L.Para!!! Impressive size as well! :clap:
A bit docile too!