Species Lasiodora parahybana

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is now just a bit over 6 inches from front left to back right. Feeding isn't the issue, they always get food.
Here is a cut and paste of what I mentioned about her feeding routine since her last molt:

"Her last molt was on July 20th of 2008. After her molt I logged when she ate. On the 28th I fed her a nighcrawler, on the 29th a discoid nymph. Then on the first of August she ate a small anole, then a week later on the 7th or 8th of August she ate a handful of crickets like a beast. Then on the 15th of August she ate one more nightcrawler, then on the 21st of August she ate a 1 day old pre-killed f/t quail (the anole and quail are essentially the only vertebrates she has ever received. I do it VERY seldom and just wanted to plump her up).
After this relative power feeding month, I decided to leave her be and feed her a lot less.
However, she had started denying food a bit after, and since August 21st, she has maybe eaten 5-10 crickets..."

So as you can see, feeding isn't an issue. As for molting, it was my understanding that that was a normal rate for an LP of this size. I also keep my apt pretty darn cool.

robertcarst

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well any T will moult rarer when it's bigger. I did not want to offend you, it's just that I have a 4 inchi parahybana and it has molted 2 months after her last one. My question was only out of curiosity, as I wanted to know if this will be my case. Sorry if i bothered you it wasn't my intention to doubt your T keeping. Thanks for the information.

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I she molted on 7-12.If she is 6" I would wait at least 2 weeks before feeding her.

Last edited:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well any T will moult rarer when it's bigger. I did not want to offend you, it's just that I have a 4 inchi parahybana and it has molted 2 months after her last one. My question was only out of curiosity, as I wanted to know if this will be my case. Sorry if i bothered you it wasn't my intention to doubt your T keeping. Thanks for the information.

No worries, friend. I was far from offended. I remember when she used to molt more often. I suspect my apartment temps where a factor as well. But she sure is hungry and active now. I can't wait to fatten her up again.

As for feeding, I will probably wait closer to two weeks, but when I do feed her, it'll be a freshly-molted roach.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My Son Brandon wanted to tong feed our biggest L. parahybana and she hit it hard! Check out the slow motion attack!!

[youtube]VLgNZQXvVtk[/youtube]

Krazy Kat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's so cool your son has taken an interest in spiders..Following in Ol dads foot steps..:clap:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice Rob. How old is he? Seems to be not scared.
He is 8, he is not sacred at all....he does the same with my Blondi's...he loves it!! we got him a pair of A. avics, he put the MM in with the female, seperated them when finishes and now hasd a gravid A. avic!

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man that was cool.Ninja L.parahybana is more like it.Rob you have to stop leaving the Bruce lee movies on in the spider room.

That is cool how your son is following in Dads footsteps,not counting the time you can spend together enjoying the hobby.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Man that was cool.Ninja L.parahybana is more like it.Rob you have to stop leaving the Bruce lee movies on in the spider room.

That is cool how your son is following in Dads footsteps,not counting the time you can spend together enjoying the hobby.
It is a lot of quality time!!!

hypnolobster

Arachnopeon
Oh wow, and I thought my a. genic was a monster. That was amazing. I'll be envious if my LP doesn't do that on feeding day.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That was pretty impressive for a big girl. I've seen them take prey in a similiar fashion at 7" but, I never thought at 10" she would be so light footed. Great stuff.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That was pretty impressive for a big girl. I've seen them take prey in a similiar fashion at 7" but, I never thought at 10" she would be so light footed. Great stuff.
She is heavy put always has been pretty quick!!