Species Lasiodora parahybana

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
aye...i always measure mine from tip to tip of Legs I and IV (or V and VIII i guess, if you go by the other side lol)

Very nice Lp...mine isn't far behind, it's 5" as of last November at some point. They grow like weeds! Got mine back in March at around 1", no bigger...and 10 months later it's tipped 5"! I was hoping to hit 6" within a year but that's not gonna happen...ALTHOUGH, if I power feed it I might but I try not to do that.

Then again...if it molts like my N. chromatus did shortly after I received it at 3.5"...it gained 1.5" in ONE molt! I kid you not...I could see if this were a pokie as they're known to grow insanely fast, but it was jaw-dropping to come home and just happen to look over and see the T spread eagled on the side of the tank WAAAAy bigger than last I had seen lol.

Sounds like yours is a pig like mine...i feed her about 6-8 crickets every 2 weeks but I know she'd gladly take many more than that. Never seen mine drink but it does like to sit with two legs in the water bowl a lot...

Alissa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is nothing cuter than a tarantula drinking, I think that's my favorite thing. :D

Gwegowee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was curious as to what Ziven looks like up close and personal, so I held a Pentax 50mm lens with aperture set at f2. infront of my Digital camera using 12x zoom. focusing was difficult to do manualy and auto focus didn't work, so I just used distance from the subject to focus. Tough to do, but fun! :D Ziven is 1/4 of an inch.

Attachments

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Pics ! Cute little thing , wait a year and ill have to refrase that {D
Thanks for sharing , your in for a huge T with that little guy/girl ! :clap:

MarknMiami

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice sling...Be ready, It's gonna reach about 4-5 inches in a year {D Probably the fastest growing T that I've ever seen :D

Gwegowee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol... its not like the best camera... just... nicest for its price range. I taped a cheap standard static 50 mm film camera lens on the front of my digital camera. cheap and ghetto alternative to an expensive camera.

LukeC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pic and a nice sling, I can remember when my was like that, now its hugh.

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice T you have there and good luck on the breeding project. I think I will be adding one of these to my next order.:D

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats a really nice l.parahybana you have. It amazing how much they look like A. seemani!

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm, why hasn't my Salmon Pink got those knee markings??? :confused:

click for larger picture

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome

That is so beautiful. I can't believe my little dweeb will be that big someday.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i simply cant wait for my sling to get that big. how long do i have to wait for them to get a good size? 1yr? yours is awsome!

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good day all,

just cleaned out Tiny, and took a few pictures...

I was gonna put this picture up and tell you all that i found it in the bath, but thought naaa :D

just popped him back in....

his tank....

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tiny

That is what I named my L. parahybana. But, mine really is tiny. Yours is sweet. Nice and chunky.

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL i think its quite a fitting name for a HUGE spider really ;) :)

Thankyou :)

Camberwell