Species Lasiodora parahybana

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awsome, mines still about 1/4" but i think it will be male dont ask why. those area awsome looking spiders!

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I brought him on June(2005)....he was 2" long...impressive size change...bdw hes an immature male...

Aaron

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah the grow really fast, i got ours on 6/1/05 at about 3/8 of an inch and with this recent molt hes is at 3 3/4 to 4 inches now, havent got a good measurement on him since his recent molt.
I cant wait till he gets to the size of yours and then some lol

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
dang your lucky, i wish my parahybana was that big.

mine is only .75" and last molted 11-1-05.

should be ready for a molt any day now hopefully.

i though parahybanas were fast growers? i power feed it too and its almost been two months since its molted, is that normal?

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
dang your lucky, i wish my parahybana was that big.

mine is only .75" and last molted 11-1-05.

should be ready for a molt any day now hopefully.

i though parahybanas were fast growers? i power feed it too and its almost been two months since its molted, is that normal?
My parahybana will be a year old on 1-11-06. Big eater and has done very well. I take a great deal of time to correctly feed my crickets so they are nice and fat and juicy. I really think this helps. I would think that most throw in the store bought crickets and hope for the best.

Picture coming soon!

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ya i gutload my crix too...hmmm..

whats the size of your L.parahybana now?

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
ya i gutload my crix too...hmmm..

whats the size of your L.parahybana now?
She has to be close to 6" now. As soon as she comes out of the cave I will measure her and take more pictures.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ohh alright awesome cant wait for mine to atleast get that big! and cant wait for the pics!

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This girl molted over the holidays and came out for a drink tonight. It is the first time I have seen all of her since the molt, and I was able to get a crude measurement. The pictures are not the best as I took these in almost total darkness. I picked up this spiderling this past January so I'm pretty happy with this kinda of growth!

DSCF2090.JPG

DSCF2101.JPG

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice Lasiodora parahybana. Observing the picture I would say she's about 6"+ and about 1.5 years old. At least I think.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOW under a year it grew six inches? how did you keep it!?(temps, food, etc)

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
stonemantis said:
Very nice Lasiodora parahybana. Observing the picture I would say she's about 6"+ and about 1.5 years old. At least I think.
This lady is somewhere between 5 1/2" and 5 3/4", which brings up the quetion as to how you properly measure a T? As a man I am ceratain that I will tend to stretch the tape a bit. Can someone help with that? I purchased this T as a spiderling this past January at 1/2" to 3/4".

demonhunter said:
WOW under a year it grew six inches? how did you keep it!?(temps, food, etc)
The temp has been consistant at 75 degrees and humidity is maintained with a water dish made of clay. This keeps the surrounding substrate a little more moist and the encloure at 70 to 80% humidity. Crickets and some large meal worms for dinner. She took a cricket everyday for almost 3 months at one point. ALways a good eater and one of my favorites. I hope she relaxes a bit and starts to hang outside again.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ronj said:
This lady is somewhere between 5 1/2" and 5 3/4"
I stand corrected. The glare from the ruler threw me off but, now after giving it a second glance its about 5 3/4"

Ronj said:
which brings up the quetion as to how you properly measure a T?
From the tip of leg I (Left Front Leg Dorsal View) to the tip of leg IV (Back Left Leg Dorsal View) is how I measure all of my Ts

Ronj said:
As a man I am ceratain that I will tend to stretch the tape a bit.
I am human and imperfect but, whose perfect?

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
stonemantis said:
I stand corrected. The glare from the ruler threw me off but, now after giving it a second glance its about 5 3/4"

From the tip of leg I (Left Front Leg Dorsal View) to the tip of leg IV (Back Left Leg Dorsal View) is how I measure all of my Ts

I am human and imperfect but, whose perfect?
Ditto, this is how I measure my tarantulas as well. It seems to be one of the widely excepted methods. I think this is best because it actually takes the tarantula's body size into account as well where leg span really doesn't encompass the whole picture.