Introduce Yourself

payton

Arachnopeon
hello

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I'm a professional classical musician, you can check out my work at my website: www.paytonmacdonald.com. I actually write some music that is influenced by spiders. I'm working on an essay to discuss this in more detail.

I have an incredible wife and two funny cats. My wife is pregnant with our first child, in fact today is the due date!!

The picture below is sort of big, sorry about that, I'm not sure how to make it smaller.

Best,
Payton

bettagurl

Arachnopeon
New Member- Bettagurl

Hi all, I joined so I could find a good source of millipedes. A friend got me interested in them, and I want to learn about them and hopefully get a few soon. I am really liking the african giant black millipede.

I like spending time with my bf of 7.5 years. He has 0.1.0 dog and 2.0.0 leopard geckos; I have 2.2.0 cats, 6.0.0 cockatiels, 0.1.0 starling, 0.1.0 bearded dragon, 1.1.0 ADF's, 0.0.1 land snail, and 16.22.77+ betta splendens aka Siamese Fighting fish. I work as a pet sitter, though I used to work at a vet's office as a vet tech.

I hope I learn a lot here! I've heard good things abou this place. :clap:

gotterdamerung

Arachnopeon
Introduction?

Hello,

I'm a 25 year old student from Croatia who doesn't like to introduce herself and have like a gazillion questions ;) - this seems like a nice place to be. My homepage is here, too bad that it's mostly on Croatian, cryptic for most of users here. I'm a proud owner of a little Nhandu chromatus and a couple of Euscorpius, I've also kept many insects of my zoogeographical region in most of their development stages. Enough?

Bye ;)

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi I'm new

Hi everyone
My name is Melanie van Willigen and I'm from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I'm 28 years old.
My current collection consists out of the following spiders:
0.0.1. Linothele bolivia
0.0.1. A. versicolor
0.0.1. C. cyaneopubescens
0.0.1. Cyriopagopus spec. blue
0.0.2. A. purperea
0.0.1. N. coloratovillosum
0.0.1. N. vulpinus
0.0.2. B. vagans
0.0.1. B. smithi
0.0.1. X. immanis
0.0.1. Poecilotheria ornata
0.0.1. Aphonopelma bicoloratum

And I have 5 more coming soon :clap: :
Davus fasciatus
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Holothele incei
Poecilotheria fasciata
Poecilotheria regalis

Hope to enjoy myself here :p

STAR105.7

Arachnopeon
Yay I am new !!!!!!

Yay I am finally on the boards :D My parents finally let me get an account !
I am jbrds and jbrdswifey kid. So yeah.....:4:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi
I'm new to the world of Ts, purchased my first Exo, set it up last night and l'm looking forward to my first T. I have an offer on a L. Klugi and if everything comes together I'll own this by next weekend. I just need to read up a little more on this species.

reclipse3

Arachnopeon
arachnoGEEKS!

Hello everybody!

My name is Robert Coral. Some of you may know me from my older website, InsectaCulture.com

I've recently created a NEW Social Network for Insect & Arachnid enthusiasts, insectgeeks.com. Here, you can share photos, videos, write blogs, create groups, chat and so much more!

Robert
insectgeeks.com

allensy

Arachnopeon
Halo!

Hi All
i m allen i am new here and i wish to kow more about the hobby and learn from this forum

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jim in Baltimore Maryland

I'm new I'm new and I don't know what to do !

Anyway I am interested in a Tarantula(s) Something I can easily see like a Goliath Birdeater to start.

I am on a obsessive search here in Maryland (PA) area to find a tarantula pet, any help and advice would be much appreciated.

I also plan to photograph the experience. . .

Ixnay

Arachnopeon
Hiho everyone! My name is Erik, and I am from Norway (Oslo to be more specific) and I just decided to get an Lasiodorides Striatus.

I'm 21 years old, currently working and having a year off of my studies. I am also thinking about becoming a veterinarian (amongst other things).

I've just acquired a 62litres terrarium (big, eh?) that is about 60cm x 30cm (24" x 12"). I'm probably getting him or her on saturday.

Apart from that there is not much else to me. I've had 6 rats the last couple of years, before that I've had a cat, several dogs, 5 turtles, some rabbits, and I am not sure if that is all.

Nice to be here, and I hope to learn lots about tarantulas.

Wotan

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I´m Jochen from Stuttgart/Germany. I´m 32 years old.
My current collection consists out of the following animals:

Spiders:

0.0.1 Aphonopelma seemanni
0.0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum
1.0.0 Brachypelma auratum
0.0.3 Cyriocosmus elegans
0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus

Skolos:

0.0.1 Ethmostigmus trigonopodus "blue ringed leg"
0.0.3 Ethmostigmus trigonopodus "yellow leg"
0.0.1 S.subspinipes de haani "chinese giant"
0.0.1 S.subspinipes de haani "cherry red"
0.1.0 S.cingulata black

Greets

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thedude

well.. ive bin on here for a couple months but never got around to introduce my self.

i live in PA, ive collected insects as a hobby for almost 6 years now and kept inverts for the past 5 years but only got into tarantulas at the begining of this year, i started invert keeping with emporer scorpions and i started tarantula keeping when i got WC sub-adult male A. hentzi, he's long gone... i wish i knew enough about tarantulas then to mate him, after i found out he was a male i got a female rosea at petco the month later a T. blondi at a rep show then 3-4 months later an E. murinus and a H. lividium then another 4 months later i got a P. murinus then 2 weeks after that i bought 8 slings x2 OBT, x2 P. pederseni, x2 G. aureostriata and x2 L. parahybana then a P. regalis a few weeks later

current inverts:
3 P. imparetor
2 M. gigas(?) (african millipedes)
3 OBT (1 female 2 slings)
1 P. regalis
1 G. rosea
2 L. parahybana
2 P. pederseni
1. H.lividium
1 E. murinus
1 A. francki
1 giant vinagaroone
1 S.s mulitans
1 S. subsnipes

TERRor

Arachnopeon
My name is TJ. I've mainly been into herps. My ex-wife bought my kids some Tarantulas and now I've become interested in them.

That is all.:)

Morkelsker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

I'm Jacques, from Longueuil, Qc, Canada. I am the owner of two arboreal tarantulas. I've signed up to discuss about tarantulas and arachnids and sometimes for asking some information.

chevaulier

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hello all:

Fascinating forum you have here. There is truly a wealth of information available.

I don't know if this intro should be placed in classifieds or not, but my interest here is obtaining specimens to be used in educational lectures and research. I write toxicology materials for paramedical texts, as well as conduct medical survival lectures for medical missionaries traveling to remote areas. I have tried for years to obtain specimens from various companies that provide such, but the costs are exhorbitant, regardless of the not-for-profit nature of my business. Sadly, the few oportunities I have had to collect such species as widows and recluses have always occurred when I was away from home, and the subject was found by my wife. There has usually not been much left for me to identify, much less preserve.

If anyone has dead specimens they are willing to contribute, I would be most greatful. My interests is predominately venomous, poisonous, or look-alike creatures.

My business and credentials can be checked at www.semsar.org

Meatloaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Simon

Well, my name is Simon, I'm 16 and I live in sweden. To make my timeline short:
I grew up in the capital of Sweden, stockholm where i lived until i was 6. Then i moved to norway, little town called Tromsö. I lived there untill i was 11, when i moved to San Diego, Ca USA, Where i lived for 1 year, then i moved back to sweden, but to a town called Uddevalla. One year later i moved back to Tromsö, and now i live in stockholm again. I think ill live here for about 6 years, and then repeat :wall: . Well, I got my first spider in Uddevalla, a A.Geniculata sling. I had it for about 1 month, then it died mysteriously. Well I cried a river, and then got another one. Well that one escaped, so I cried another river(note that i was only 12 at this time), and got yet another one. This one i have still today, My geniculata is an old man now, his name is Joshua. About one month ago I bought 2 P.Cambridgei slings, wich are really cute. I just love having slings, its like having a baby in the house, you look at them all the time, talk to them and think about them all them a lot.
I have a H.Lividum juvenile on the way, going to be sent today if im lucky :D
Well, besides spiders, i go to school in stockholm, Södra Latin where i study the science of nature. I also train ju-justu and play both the guitar and bas.
If I was to deside, i would have my whole room full of spiders and crawlers, byt as long as i live with my mom, that is a big nono from her. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I know the perfect pet for her thought, a flower mantis :D

Angie Starr

Arachnopeon
:3: Hi Ther All

I'm Angie Starr from the Uk I got in2 T's about 5 months ago I have 6 T's and 2 scorpions :}

Togo Starburst Baboon (Heteroscodra maculata)
Metallic Pink Toe (Avicularia metallica)
Pink Toe (Avicularia avicularia)
Mexican Red-Rump (Brachypelma vagans) (Ma Fav)
Mexican Redleg (Brachypelma emilia)
Chilean rose (Grammostola rosea)
Banded Flat Rock Scorpion (Hadogenes paucidens)
Emperor Scorpion (Pandinus imperator) (who I fink may be pregnant)

Just joined the site and am enjoyin goin thro the treads and hopin 2 get in touch wiv ova peeps wiv T's Have a good day all {D

Last edited:

jootsman

Arachnopeon
Hi! friends call me joots.. anywho, im from the Philippines and owner of 3 scorpions (so far) and have been reading through this site for quite sometime now.. oh, i also managed to catch a pede earlier today :D

Here are my babies:
*1st instar Hottentota (soon to be 2i)

*2nd instar Lieurus quinquestriatus (few days more to be 3i :} )

*3rd instar Heteromentreus spinifer (just moulted last month)

*centipede (dont know the line but i caught it just this morning {D )

**now,im just waiting for my 2i Androctonus australis and 2i Babycurus jacksoni {D

NutJob

Arachnopeon
Another south african

hello all
browsed the site before bt AubZ coaxed me to join so i will say
WADDUP from RSA