Introduce Yourself

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey NutJob,

Glad to see you here. As everyone else will tell you AB rocks!!!

bilr4

Arachnopeon
I'm a beginner regarding Scorpions but am trying to help my son to a paper about Arizona Bark Scorpions. Does anyone know why Cactus vegetation is important for the survival of this species?

You can e-mail me at bilr4@yahoo.com or reply here.

Thanks.

Horizon

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi All,

I'm from Australia and i love the variety of Tarantula's you guy's are aloud to keep. I volunteered for the Australian Reptile Park for some time in the spider section. It was named TarantulaVille. I was lucky enough to work with the Chilean Rose hair, Brazillian Black, Indian Ornamental, The Suntiger, Goliath, King Babboon , Mexican Red Knee, Peruvian Pink Toe and a few others. We i mean Australia, boast to have the world's deadliest Spider The Funnel Web . Plus as of late Australia has had a few species classified. My Aussie spiders are in the arachnogallery under true spiders and arachnids. There's a pic of my Funnel Web also.

R.J. Rego

Arachnopeon
Here is my Introduction

Hello All,

I am an independant researcher who maintains a collection of preserved invertebrates (not just arachnids), but many invertebrate groups, amongst other animal groups. I love to get out into the field to collect and add specimens to the collections, I travel often. I hope to meet like-minded individuals who also do field work or maintain thier own collections, or work in them academically.

I am always looking to obtain new specimens, especially from areas I do not get to often. If you do any field work and collect, please let me know what you can get.

Anyone in New England (Massachusetts)??? Thats where I'm from.

Shadow

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

Hello, i am Shadow from oklahoma my hobbies are my tarantulas and snakes
i joined this forum to gain more knowledge on tarantula care and breeding.
i am currently keeping these tarantulas:

P.ornata 1"
P.murinus (2) 3" and sling
B.smithi 3"
G.aureostriata 2"

Devilkeeper

Arachnopeon
Hi!
My name is Nick
I'm 14
I really want to get into the hobby of insect and other bug collecting.
I'm going to be getting a couple of african black giant millipedes soon, so thats going to be great, as i've heard they are a good species to own when you are new to the hobby.
That is basically the reason why i signed up!

thanks for making such an awesome forum! :D

tabbski

Arachnopeon
hi yal im from australia and just got a Phlogius SP 'stents' and i think its a female, but im not sure, it's about 1.5 inches long. if anyone could tell me how to tell the sex that would be great!!
later

Anime-Aimee

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Aimee =) I play guitar and have to loverly tarantula's called Carnage and Matt. I'm 17 and I live in plymouth. I'm on here to meet other people with tarantula's, and to get hints and tips to make sure mine are as happy as I can keep them!

geordie1888

Arachnopeon
geordie1888

i have been into tarantulas for many years now i am trying to find dr robert bustards web add as i have heard he is a reputal spider breeder and i am enquiring about getting a golaith bird eather from a reliable source that has dealt with mr bustard before my email add is celticstaceygeordie@yahoo.co.uk i have got a mexican white knee whom is 7 year old i have also owned indian ornimental, chilean rose, i also had a goliath bird eater but her abdomen was baldy when purchased and when she molted her two skin.s fused together and the out come was her new exoskeloton tore with the old skin resulting in her new abdomen tearing please help

geordie1888

Arachnopeon
hi yal im from australia and just got a Phlogius SP 'stents' and i think its a female, but im not sure, it's about 1.5 inches long. if anyone could tell me how to tell the sex that would be great!!
later
male spiders have hooks coming from there two front legs that look like thorn bushes. they should be easily identified. it looks like thorns coming from there front two legs i hope this info helps regards geordie1888

BigCatTattoos

Arachnopeon
Hi! New here.

:) Hi, I am new to arachnids, but not to reptiles. My name is Marine, I am a 31 year old female on my second marriage (happily), I have 2 sons from my previous marriage, and I am a dispatcher. My current list of critters is:
-2 arachnids: 1 Rose hair Tarantula & 1 Emperor Scorpion
-17 snakes: 5 Ball Pythons, 5 Red tail Boas, 3 Dumeril Boas, 1 CA Aberrant King Snake, 1 Sinaloan Milk Snake, 1 Kenyan Sand Boa, & 1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
-11 lizards: 2 Uromastyx Lizards, 2 Bearded Dragons, 2 Blue-tongued Skinks, 4 Leopard Geckos, & 1 Savanna Monitor
-2 turtles/2 tortoises: 1 Red-eared pond slider, 1 Yellow-bellied pond slider, 1 African Spur-thigh/Sulcata Tortoise, & 1 Cherry-head Red-foot Tortoise
-3 amphibians: 1 Ornate Horned Frog, & 2 Giant Fire-bellied Newts
-other: 1 African Pygmy Hedgehog, several feeder meal worms, feeder mice, feeder gerbils, 2 sons & 1 hubby, LOL! This is my mini-zoo! I do several shows for schools, scouts & other organizations. That's why so many, but i am looking to downsize 3 ball pythons & 1 or 2 red tail boas.

I am actually very terrified of all bugs, arachnids, or anything with more than 4 legs! LOL! But I am having to expand my collection for teaching purposes.

moody

Arachnopeon
nom nom

Hey. I'm CC or moody, whatever. New to posting, but not to arachnids. I'm from Boston, where it’s about twenty degrees right now. I need to end this post because I’m having nicotine fit. You know how it is. :D

SPOKANE509

Arachnopeon
Whats Up?

Hey All!

Hey there my name is Tim. My roomate Jesse and I are currently takeing care of 13 T's. We live in Spokane WA. And are currently looking for other T lovers in our County. So if you do hit us up. At Carlasurrency@yahoo.com
Title Letters to Tim & Jesse.

Happy Collecting =)

Mine:
1)H. Lividium 2.5" Charolette
1)A. Versicolor 1" Jade
1)P. Irminia 1.5" Apallo
1)C. Fasciatium 3.5" Karma
1)P. Murinus 1.5" Mordeci
1)P. Lagardi 4" Leonidas
Jesse's:
1)A. Seemanni 5.5" Vicious
1)G. Rosea 4.5" Moses
1)B. Emilia 3.5" Kerrigan
1)C. Fasciatium 3" Marge
1)L. Parahybana 1" Titan
1)P. Ornata 1.5" Andariel
1)C. SP. (Singapore Blue) 2" Vex

Dyesub Dave

Arachnopeon
Hey Everybody,

I'm Dave and I recently got 2 T's for my 9 yr. old son Kyle for X-mas. (He's wanted some for quite a while now!) I've been on this board looking for info on various occasions but thought that since we now have some T's I should register.

The T's that I got him are a full grown Rose Hair and a small Curly Hair (about the size of a quarter) Both seem to be eating well and I'm still learning about their upkeep. We currently have many pets (Veiled Chameleons, Geckos, Snakes, Pacman Frog, Hedgehog, Fish Tanks) but are new to Tarantulas.

I hope to learn as much as I can about these amazing creatures so I can make them as happy and comfortable as possible. I will try to post some pics and cage layouts this weekend!

Dyesub Dave :D

Brendan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello.

My name is Brendan and I'm new to this forum. I've owned a hamster, and many different types of fish. That's all. I never really thought of owning an exotic pet, until one day I watched some videos on YouTube about scorpions as pets. This really interested me, and so I did my research, and found out that the Emperor Scorpion would be my first exotic pet ever. I don't own an Emp Scorp yet, but I'm soon to get one - right after I get all my questions answered. :)

Topher

Arachnopeon
A healthy young it!

I'm happy to declare that I've obtained a seemingly healthy baby A. Versicolor. My friend Christina said I should name it Peter Parker. I named it Parker instead because that name is more androgynous.

It's my first tarantula, but I can say that I'm confident about keeping it alive after spending some time around this site; that is if I can keep it away from a cat, a chihuaha, and the occassionally drunk roommate. :wall:

If you're from Olympia send me a message. I'm currently the only spider owner in my friend group. Peace!{D

PravusBelua

Arachnopeon
Hm I guess this is the right place for my first post... I'm Bethany, and I'm from West Virginia (currently living in Maryland but moving back to WV soon). I love cartoons, art, bugs and science... I plan to become an entomologist. I live with the infamous Scythemantis. I have more creepy crawlies than him. *smirk* ;)

venom king

Arachnopeon
Grammostola Party

Hi Everyone,Venom King here in Michigan. I'm having a great time with Grammostola Pulchra and Alticeps. I also have Chillian Red Phase Rose Hair's.I'm looking for a male Alticps. Please HELP. I'm glad to be here and willing to help also. See you in Detroit at the Taylor show. Have a Good Time.

tiohn

Arachnopeon
I'm shawn and I just bought my first tarantula last night, a G. rosea.

I live in Raleigh, NC, and hope to find some other enthusiasts in the area.

PinUpGirl

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody!

I'm new to the boards and thought it would be nice to introduce myself.
My nick is PinUpGirl because of my love for vintage PinUps, I'm a major Vargas and Elvgren fan :worship: I live in Europe and don't know anybody irl who also has spiders as pets :) I'm here to learn a whole lot more about the wonderful world of tarantulas, hopefully you can assist me!

Since three months I'm the proud owner of a Grammostola rosea: Mr Tumbleweed. He is lovely, eats very well, moves around his tank quite a lot and makes the whole pet-rock-thingie I was expecting much more exciting {D

Recently I was told my Mr might be a Miss Tumbleweed, so I just put a pic up in the sexing-area to see if somebody has any idea about his/her sex.

English is not my mother language, so please don't mind my spelling mistakes. The intentions are good :p