Introduce Yourself

NinjaPirate

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wanted to drop a quick line to introduce myself. I currently live in the middle of nowhere and have all manner of pets, mostly fish. I do currently own a single OBT, though I've already got plans in my head for converting an old 55G tank i have sitting around into a custom arachnid setup, so I suspect that will change in future months ;)

My OBT has of course decided to be spiteful and web himself into the upper corner of his tank, right up against the mesh top. Crazy little bugger.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wanted to drop a quick line to introduce myself. I currently live in the middle of nowhere and have all manner of pets, mostly fish. I do currently own a single OBT, though I've already got plans in my head for converting an old 55G tank i have sitting around into a custom arachnid setup, so I suspect that will change in future months ;)

My OBT has of course decided to be spiteful and web himself into the upper corner of his tank, right up against the mesh top. Crazy little bugger.
Go communal on that 55 gallon if you've got the funds.

CharlaineC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi I'm Charlaine

Hi their I'm Charlaine Cadence N. from Cranston Rhode Island the biggest smallest state in the union. I served in Iraq and had 5 or six scorps some where the deadlyest scorps around I cant remember the name. two where huge Deep nutty brown and about 8 inches long. I will post pics when I can. I now have a rescued Emp. poor thing was underfed and improberly cared for. in a small plastic cage. Now he is feeding regulary, and in a 10 gallion tank with a 75 watt heat lamp that onn all the time and a 40 watt bulb for the day time. He has a normal temp of 84-90 during the day with a humity of 70-90% and 68-80 at night with a humity of 70% He is always roaming around and seams much happier. now that he has about 4 inches of peat in his tank and can burrow he has been doing so. he has some friends in their with him a bunch of baby crickets their so tiny bearly able to see. I spray him and the cage every day and keep one small cricket in their with him in case he gets hungry.

ragingcobalt

Arachnopeon
Whats up i'm Kevin

Well i'm 21 and hail from Washington State i have always had an intrest in invertebrates mostly insects up until recently when i purchased an
H. Lividum from a pet shop and found how awsome tarantulas are to keep.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello, My name is Chris and i'm 23 years old and live in Florida.

I was pointed in this direction by a friend who has a collection of T's and various other reptiles and mammals when I expressed my interest in getting one.

I recently acquired a G. Rosea whom I named Skitter along with a copy of the Tarantula Keeper's Guide which has only deepened my interest.

Xenopeltis

Arachnopeon
Hey peeps.

My name is Sofie and i´m from denmark.
Accidentally stumbled across the site when i was looking on more info
on my Grammostola porteri.

Doing my final paper on the very nice buggers.
Picture will be comming up shortly...untill then..patience is adviced.

All the best
Sofie

Project A

Arachnopeon
New and need Orb Weaver spiders

I am looking for a few Orb Weavers for my son's school project. I've tried Carolina Bio supply to no avail. Any ideas?

SuperRad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My intro

Howdy, ya'll! I'm Adam in Seattle, WA. I'm an arachno wanna be with plans to be a gonna be in the next few weeks.

It seems like here in the Pac Northwest it's hard to tag down pet stores outside of a PetCo/Smart that would have anything appealing. I want to get my first tarantula in person though, even though there are a couple sites I plan to buy from in the future.

My first will prolly end up being the classic rosie since they're all over the place, but maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on something rad as I take a tour of more pet stores around here.

If any one in WA could help out and let me know of great places to pick up tarantulas and supplies it'd be greatly appreciated.

Loki69

Arachnopeon
First Timer

Hey all,

I am new to the arachno world. We have just recently added a G. rosea to our I thought already large family. My daughter has wanted one for a while, so after the long process of studying up on them Guess What? We got one for her Christmas. At first I wasn't quite sure but my husband had one when he was younger and said it was the best pet. I can tell you it has only been a few days and already I am in love. Even though I have read how much the can be like a rock and not move much, this one ( name coming after Christmas lol) seems to be farely active. After we have all settled in I am sure there will be new additions to the family in the future.

Angie

Spc.Fred

Arachnopeon
Happy To Be Here

Hi my name Frederic I'm 20 yrs old i live in Minnesota. I'm here because i always wanted a tarantula so im trying my best to get one right now. I'm looking at Goliath's and hoping to get one soon! {D

Krisso

Arachnopeon
Hi ya'll, my name is Krisso and I have no idea what im doing? Upon some resarch into getting my first pet spider i came accross this website. I have no idea about spiders, I just know I like them. I also know I dont like the idea of being bitten by them so I dont want anything venomus. I have a very old T.V. unit that I am looking to convert into an enclosure so any advice on building one would be awsome! Also some advice on what type of spider would be good for a confused first timer would not go astray, as I feel it would be a bit stupid to just go out and get a spider without being a bit better informed.
As this is also my first time using a forum im sorry for any mistakes I make while I get used to this whole new world. Thanx for your help.
Cheers,
Krisso.

unclechewy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome to the addiction!

Unfortunately, I think you will be forced to get a "venomous" spider seeing as that is all you will able to get in Australia. The good news is that no tarantula has a deadly bite.

Hi ya'll, my name is Krisso and I have no idea what im doing? Upon some resarch into getting my first pet spider i came accross this website. I have no idea about spiders, I just know I like them. I also know I dont like the idea of being bitten by them so I dont want anything venomus. I have a very old T.V. unit that I am looking to convert into an enclosure so any advice on building one would be awsome! Also some advice on what type of spider would be good for a confused first timer would not go astray, as I feel it would be a bit stupid to just go out and get a spider without being a bit better informed.
As this is also my first time using a forum im sorry for any mistakes I make while I get used to this whole new world. Thanx for your help.
Cheers,
Krisso.

nspeissegger

Arachnopeon
hey everyone
my name is Nicholas and i live in Mexico City
I finally got my first tarantula... it's a G. Rosea. Ive wanted one for like 2 yrs now but my family refused to buy me one until yesterday..ha! I handle it carefully although im still a bit afraid sometimes...

Toady

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Emma and I live in on the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia. I'm a 25 year old female (if that's not obvious by my name)

At the moment I don't own any Arachnids, unless you count the numberless 'Daddy Long Legs' and Huntsman spiders that call my room corners and tall exposed ceilings home. :D I am however looking at purchasing myself a native Australian scorpion sometime in early '08 and I want to learn all I can before bringing one home.

skrewdriver88

Arachnopeon
to the person using my name

my name is david love and i do not like the fact that some one is on this site using my name and sturring up trouble with other members this was brought to my attention by a very good friend of mine that has alot of friends on here i have a feeling i know who this person is and that is fucked up on what you did just because we had words on monday about a traid you have taken it way to fair by running my name in the dirt

stinkrump

Arachnopeon
Hi

:cool: my name is gavin ,I am 11 years old :D :D i am new and this is my first time on this site(since i earned my privilege):clap: i got my first t in june:cool: ,a G.rosea her name is flick-a-lot.

damien00016

Arachnopeon
hey everybody

i've been checking out arachnoboards for years and never got around to making an account. but here i am finally. i work as a lab assistant at a path lab in houston tx so i love all things creepy crawly even if they dont have at least six legs. i have about 20 tarantuals and 6 pedes along with 12 or so scorps. i try and sell some every now and then locally but i dont know if they are working for me or i'm working for them. it seems to be the later most of the time as most of you know. :)

RaZeRbLaDeS

Arachnopeon
Hi names Josh...

Im from Idaho and my Rose haired T was acting funny (building a sperm web Ive since learned) and I stumbled into here looking for information.