Introduce Yourself

smashOgre

Arachnopeon
First & Probably Last Message From Me

:razz: Hello everyone, my name is John, aka Ogre, and I live in Houston Texas. I currently don't keep anything because of tight $$$$ issues, but that doesn't keep me from learning about all the interesting creatures this world has to offer!!! I join several forums that I find to be well run and interesting, for different types of animals, as I really like them all. I don't ever post in the forums, but I enjoy reading about critters through the eyes of people who keep them. Thanks guys... keep up the good typing:)eek: 'cause I'm watching you!!)

OGRE

Last edited:

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
New here...

Hi

My name is Mitchell and i'm 18 years , my nationality is Dutch.
I know have 13 T's and 2 scorps...here's my list...

T's

-Grammostola rosea
-Brachypelma Vagans 4x
-Brachypelma Boehmei
-Nhandu Chromatus
-Holethele Incei
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei
-Avicularia versicolor
-Avicularia Avicularia
-Haplopelma Lividum
-Citharischius crawshayi

Scorps

pandinus imperator 2x

:)

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,

I'm Alex, and I'm from Dallas, Texas. I came across this site while doing research for a school project. For one of my classes I have to build a Flash site for a fictional company, and I decided to make a company that sells tarantulas since I think they're cute. :)

I don't own any yet. I'd love to get a G.pulchra, but I have no idea where to find one around town. Also, there's the whole poor college student thing (again! working on degree #2).

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,
My name is Jeroen Kooijman, 27 years, from Den Helder in the Netherlands. :D
I keep a lot of scorpions (60+), some tarantula's (25+), 3 tortoises, 2 cameleons, 2 gecko's, 5 snakes, a French bulldog and 2 cats.

My main animals are the scorpions.
Hi Scorpion or is it now Mr Kooijman:) , Nice to see you here. Lately we see a lot of people from the dutch tarantula forum.....

greetzzz... Mischa

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi folks,

My name's Richie, I'm from Denver Colorado. I came across this site doing a web search on my Scolopendra Subspinipes, and I've gotta say that I look forward to being a part of the forum.

I've been into herps for the majority of my life (I've had reptiles and amphibians for about 20 years now), and just recently delved into the arachnid and Myriapod world.

Currently I own a Vietnamese Giant Centipede, a Red Thick-Tailed Scorpion (babycurus jacksoni) and a very cool little wolf spider that I found cruising around my work.

Lookin' forward to talk to you all.

FatalForty

Arachnopeon
wassup peeps!

Waddup all. My name's Fortunato but just call me Forty for short. I got into this awesome hobby when I graduated from high school. My brother bought me an emperor scorpion as a graduation present and since then I loved it. I currently still own that same scorpion and planning on getting a fat-tailed one soon.

sori-tan

Arachnopeon
n00b introduction

Hello, I'm new to Ts in general. I've never owned a T, but I'm doing some research into them because I'm considering it. I'm thinking of either a normal Rosie or a B. Smithi, or a Curly Hair. I don't know latin names very well at this point, so you'll have to bear with me as I learn them.

I've got quite a bit in hand already, to suit most stages of life a T might go through, including most hideys and covers. All I lack, it seems, is substrate, food, and an actual T. :rolleyes: But you know, I'm still unsure if they're for me, and atop that, I'm not sure which one to get, or what stage of life to get it in.

Hoping to find many answers here.

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all

My name is Kain, 24 years old form the UK.

I bought my first spider yesterday, a Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula.

At the moment he's kept in sterilised jam jar along with sterilised peat and a few little cork rocks.

Hes only about 15mm at the moment, but I have the full set up for when hes a little bigger (I was told to keep him in a jar while he is so young so he don't escape)

I got him (or her) home and fad him a few crickets, first this he did was kill and eat it. A friend of mine who has kept spiders for 40 years, said it's a fantastic sign that he's hungry, especially having been moved about.

Anyway I will shut up now :)

Kain

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What's up everyone

Hello, all my name is John 24 years old and I have chose to take up the tarantula hobby. Most of my tarantulas I have brought and will buy are going to come from Botar (botarby8s.com). For those of you who order online or live in the KS area you probably know botar as being one of the most trustworthy, and dependable breeder of inverterbrates.

From Botar I have aquired a Antilles Pinktoe Tarantula (Avicularia versicolor), two Cameroon Red Baboon (Hysterocrates gigas), a Emperor Scorpion (Pandinus imperator), and a Brazilian Giant Blonde (Nhandu vulpinus). Once, i get a little bit more money I'll be adding more fiesty, aggressive and fast tarantulas to my collection.

I usually ask a lot of questions because the more I know about my tarantulas the better care I can have for them.

So hello everyone!!!!:clap: {D below is a picture of my one of my newest family members this is a Brazilian Giant Blonde (Nhandu vulpinus)

Mizerie

Arachnopeon
Hello

What's up people I am Mizerie.
I am 27yrs old & have 6 daughters age's 9-2yrs, I live in Minneapolis MN. It's cold here rite now here's a view

I got my first T five years ago, & my second a year later.
The second got mortaly injured about two months ago, So I got online to see what I could find & thats how I found scott's T's, Who lead me here.

MikeB

Arachnopeon
Hey!!

I am from Long Island, New York and have owned spiders, one at a time, for 30 years. Had mexican redlegs for a long time, but bought a green bottle blue for the first time last November. He is a quick one, and a HUNGRY one!!

I am very happy to have found this site, as I have used the postings and the live chat to learn more than I ever knew.

Thanks for being here!:clap:

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hel-o:)

Guess it's time to introduce myself after being registred here for a while now.

Hi, I a 24 year old guy from Norway and my name is Robin. (Excuse my english if it's poor.)
I've always been fascinated by tarantulas, snakes, scorpions etc. but never really thought of owning one myself before I suddenly "get thrown" into the hobby when saying yes to take care of my friends B.vagans while he's in Austria for 6 months.
And within a few days I'm totally in love with this little creature!
So now I've bought my own terra, and just looking for the right girl to move in:D

Besides this I'm into weightlifting and nutrition.
I love music, and I have a maybe fading interest for motorcycles and cars.
I live with my girlfriend, our soon 1 year old daughter named Aurora and our dog (english setter?).

Good to be here.

PS: Great that the forum is powered by vBulletin, I think they're the best ones:worship:

Mark Baumann

Arachnopeon
Hey

Hey all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not new to "bugs" (it's what my wife calls them) but I had to give them up when I moved from San Diego to Tacoma a couple years ago. Went from about 200 inverts to nothing. I ran a herp and fish shop in the San Diego area and could keep my inverts in my office. Had about 100 various spiders, scorpions, millipedes, centipedes, tail-less whipscorpions, solfugides, vingaroons and a few insects. My wife is extremely "bug" phobic so I had to give everything but a few herps up because of the no "bugs" in the house rule. All is not lost though. I've got a friend who doesn't have "bug" restrictions at his house so we're partnering up on some breeding projects. The collection is tiny for now but is going to grow rapidly. Currently I have a very awesome Cobalt Blue, two very gravid Vietnamese Centipedes, a pair of African Giant Black Millepedes and a pair of Centruroides(females gravid) that I haven't been able to identify yet. I would really like to aquire some Avicularis urticans as this was my very first breeding success and they are still my all time favorite pink-toe. Also Robert(last name maybe Lamb) please PM me. The only thing damaged in the move north was my computer and I lost all email addresses. This is Mark formally with Live Cargo. Mark

rooster

Arachnopeon
Hey

33/f/USA PA Im usually into friendlier, furrier animals 6 cats, 3 dogs, 2 cows, 1 horse. But I had a friend pass away and no one wanted his tarantula so I took it. Needless to say its facinating! I found out its a G rosea and I figure its about 14yrs old. Since then I have gotten a Avicularia versicolor sling, and a Haplopelma lividum.

Any way Im usually not really into message boards and such, but I have some specific questions about different spiders and it seems I just cant find the answers for them the web, so here I am. Hope you all can help.

craige431

Arachnopeon
Hi every one my names craig moor i am just getting to grips with my new t freddie, who is a chilean rose as i am only a beginner. I am 27 years old and currently posted in munster germany as i am in the britsh army hi to every one and have an awosome time with your t's.

naturaldraw

Arachnopeon
hi

hi, my name is jayson and i am from the Philippines. I saw a TV segment showing Tarantulas as pets and i am really fascinated by it. I don't currently own any T's yet but am looking for my first purchase very soon. Am very interested in finding local supplier and breeders where i can purchase my first T's. pls pm me if you are a breeder/supplier of T's in the Philippines. Thanks.

T Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have arrived!

I'm 39, married with four children and nobody understands me. I have two dogs, 4 crested geckos, 4 incubating crested gecko eggs and 6 T's, what's not to understand? I'm not ordinary, I'm not your everyday pet owner:)
T's are awesome and I'm obsessed with them!

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, Im Kristal

Hello..I am new to this hobby. My dad had a B.smithi for many yrs. while I was young, and now I have one too. I am not sure of the sex yet...but he/she is about 2 inches in length. I just bought a chilean ult. male, but need to trade it or mate it or something. I am looking for a female B.smithi to add to my collection. I am a mother of 2 young kids (each under 4 yrs.). i have a siamese kitten and run an apt. complex in metro Detroit.

pedipalps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
introduction

Hi Sir and Maam,

Im Rico Angelo Pampolina from Philippines, im quite new in this hobbie (around one year) im starting collecting Tarantula and Scorpion. Thank you very much for allowing me to join this group.