Introduce Yourself

dagget666

Arachnopeon
servus, this is michael from germany :worship: .

i am 24 years old and this is my first english speaking panel..
hope to meet some interesting guys here, my favourites are crotalus spp and scorpions like tityus serrulatus, lychas mucronatus, hottentotta judaicus...
i play drums, guitars, bass and banjo, still working at my own label.
fast music rocks but i even like melodic stuff like avril lavigne, aerosmith..

so, hope i*ll enjoy.

Blake850

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! My name is Blake...I'm 18 yr old and like some other ppl on here, I'm new to Tarantulas...before i bought my Chilean rose i squashed the big a** brown spider in my kitchen, which I *THOUGHT* was a Brown recluse until i hopped on the computer and started looking them up and what the bites were like! Well, as I was browsing the internet i saw some Tarantula sites too so I thought I'de have a look at them also! The next day my gf and I went to get something to eat and she wanted to go to the pet store that was in the same parking lot we were in...so we went in there and I saw the spiders in the back! SO,to make a long story short ( lol ) i now own a Chilean rose that's about 3-4 months old and I'm going to need everyone's help and opinions to help me raise it !

-Blake

BiomeBob

Arachnopeon
Intro Greetings!

Alas, Formal Greetings! Hello! B-Bob from Texas!:clap: :) : Working with a number of inverts under my belt, and at home with two new precious Giant African Millipedes:clap:
Looking for professional and growing answers on care and interesting factoids from time to time.

tracy

Arachnopeon
hi this is my story

i'm new to this board ,
i got a chilean rose in october and i have had a rollercoaster of a ride with her.
at xmas she burrowed and confined herself to her burrow, i assumed she was gonna moult, the next thing i know i have an egg sac, so i had to do loads of research and i incubated them at 33 days,
after being told i had probably killed them by removeing them because i am an amature, i opened the sac at 65 days and had 120 nymphs(give or take). they have now all moulted and mum 5 days ago moulted as well, i have sold 60 spiderlings so far and i'm gonna donate a few to the british tarantula society. my dad has had 4 and i'm keeping 6, the rest are going to the spider shop.
all this excitement and learning has well got me hooked to tarantula's.

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, just signed on to Arachnoboards, I have only 1 T so far but plan on expanding in the near future, an A. Seemanni. How long does it take before you are authenticated to post your own threads?

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yar har har

Heeeeey, folks! My name's Lindsay, and I was just stopping by to say hi to everyone....I was recommended this site through thereptileroom.org

Just looking at some info about T's, I'm in tha market for another one.....I have made enough crappy, uninformed decisions in the past when choosing pets, and I decided to do a little browsing around before I buy anything.

Anyho, nice to meetcha

:D

Jimmy P

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboard members

;P ;P I'm new to the Board, and also to the Spider world for some odd reason I've found a fondness for the giants. I've been in the reptile hobbie for over 20 years, had and sold but never kept them at home, and now I'm looking for my first. Please give me some Ideas of a great beginner, and the size cage I would need for adult. Thanks and God Bless!! Jimmy Pickett

Art Klass of Boaddiction - Powered by vBulletin is the one who sent me to this great Arachnid site, thanks Art.

tmb66

Arachnopeon
Hello,
My name is Terri and I currently have 19 T's and 2 on the way. I got my first tarantula in 2000. She was a Goliath Birdeater. Her name was Large Marge. She died a few months ago, I don't know why, but I recently got another one and shes a girl. I just recently mated my Avicularia Minatrix with a male provided to me. I just hope that takes it would be very exciting to have babies.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

I'm Coleman. I'm from California. I have an adult female A. seemani and four spiderlings just aquired from Swiftinverts.com, which are an A. avicularia, a B. Albopilosum, a P. murinus, and a N. coloratovillosus. The P. murinus is quite a handful! Any advice on what to keep him in for easy feeding as a spiderling would be greatly appreciated. He is very difficult to manage in a deli cup, lol.
Coleman;)

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:} Hello there. you guys and girls can call me yuki everyone dose. i am 16 years old, in june i will be 17. I used to be scared to death of spiders. but some how i started reading up on them and i thought that Ts looked so cute. so when my pet store got one in, i had to get it. so right now i own a rose haired i love him or her so much. I hope that soon i will get a pink toe or some other breed. people think i am crazy that I love Ts but I think they are crazy to be missing out on the best pet in the world.

adbdasT

Arachnopeon
Yooooo!

WHATS UP!
My name's Ben. Live in Orlando. Owner of a Grammastola Aureostriata and A. Chacoana for about two weeks now. LOVE THE GRAMMASTOLA (almost 2 in). A. Chacoana is 1/2 in. and veeeery skittish. The little guy ate a cricket (had to kill it first) the day after i got'em (Mar 6), and hasn't eaten since. Won't even touch pinheads or fresh meal worms? This normal?

Matter of fact, ordering 2-3 more today! Torn between H. Lividum, P. Murinus, P. Cambridgei, or H. Schmidti! Creating my own T room! HOLLA at a weeble on a hot tin roof. Get'm KRANG! :clap: gUa...gUa:clap:

tequila

Arachnopeon
Hello All

Hi my name is Dustin i just got my first t about a week ago, a G. rosea, im very happy with it, i am 20 years old i live in Valdosta, Georgia, and i hope to expand my collection dramatically soon, with a Brazilian Salmon, and a Giant White Knee, and a Green Bottle Blue, i had my eye on all three of those as starters but to make sure i could take care of one i decided to go with the Rose Hair, which we named Tequila Rose lol :} looking forward to continuing the hobby Thanks

Frostbite

Arachnopeon
Hello...First post.

Hi.

My first post on this board. Been lurking and reading for a loong time. Lots of great info here.

Bought my first Taran 13 years ago. Have had up to 20 at one time. Given quite a few away. Down to 9 favorites.

59 years old. Live in the frozen north tundra of Minnesota.

Got my first spider as an exercize to cure arachnophobia. It worked! First time I handled him (yup, my first one turned out to be a male), I had sweat running down my face. He was the most gentle arach I have had. Little kids had handled him at the pet store before I bought him as a juvie.

Tranch

Arachnopeon
Lurker Turned Poster

Hi All,
Shameless tarantula addict here! :drool:
I've been a lurker for a long time and have had all my various noob questions answered by searching prior posts. You guys rawk! :worship:
I live in West Texas and I'm a bass player. I play a BC Rich Warlock in a rock band, but I also play lots of upright slap rockabilly, blues and I play in the symphony here! I grew up on a ranch and have always been a rabid rock flipper - I drove my mother nuts with my roomful of critters. I have always wanted to be a wildlife scientist and recently got my degree, but until I find a job I'm still out playing nightclubs every night and getting paid in beer.
I have 10 species of tarantulas at the moment and am saving for more. I've been relieving Botar of his inventory for quite some time now.The incredible differences in behavior and 'tude blow me away!
Well, it's nice to officially meet all of you, and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experience on this site. To those about to type, I salute you!
Tranch

Dr. Octopus

Arachnopeon
Hi!
My name is Tarn, I live in Boston MA- I have always been interested in spiders- tarantulas in particular, and I think this is the year I will buy my first tarantula. I'll probrolly get the most docile species i can find-a Mexican red knee or somthing- pity the cobalt blue is such an angry spider- Otherwise that would be my first choice, as the cobalt blues are the most beautiful spiders I've ever seen...
I originaly planned on getting a tarantula at the local pet shop, but an arachnid enthusiast told me online never to get spiders there- He may have been right....Anyway, I look forward to reading all the spider threads- Im new here, yet feel right at home...
peace

Tarn S.

Swappo

Arachnopeon
Hello!
Male, 27 years from Sweden.
Have a small collection of spiders and a few scorpions, scolos and other animals, mainly cockroaches.
Been reading a lot in this forum before but never signed up until now.

Xochie

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I'm 37/Female from Illinois and own a Costa Rican Tiger Rump (bought her approx 9-10 yrs ago). Yesterday when I can home from work with some crickets for Chorlette (original, huh), she looked 'different'. Her legs are almost tucked in under her. Maybe this is what she looks like when she is hiding in her 'bark-cave home', but she is scaring me. I have taken her out of her normal cage to see if she'll 'come out of it', but she has not moved an inch. She had just molted about 2 weeks ago. Could she be sick? Should I be worried?

DJ_AlMighty_247

Arachnopeon
Hey!

I'm 21 (male) and I live in Finland.
I Have a small collection of spiders, whipscorpions, mantids and a couple of scorpions too.

New here on Arachnoboards :)

phanie

Arachnopeon
Hello.
My name is Stephanie and I live in Sweden.
My major intrest in this hobby is tarantulas but I like scorpions,
centripedes, millipedes and insects too.
My first spider was a Brachypelma smithi and I bought her
about 3 years ago. Now i'm mostly intrested in Pamphobeteus spp.
I'm intrested in other pets too. I have a dog, cats, a rabbit,
a guinea-pig, 2 Boa constrictor imperator, milkfrogs and an aquarium.

Now i'm running out of words :? , my english is not the greatest.

Take care

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JColt Here

Hello all! Im 46 yr old in Ohio. Used to breed reptiles and kept Tarantulas and other creepy crawlies as pets. Thinking of getting back into it. Very nice site here ;)