Introduce Yourself

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey my name is Mike Morra, i currently reside in Ontario, Canada. I got into this new hobby 4 months ago when i stumbled accross an illegal exotic animal booth at a flea market locally. Once i saw the tarantulas that the dealer had, i knew that i had to purchase one. I wanted to buy a cobalt blue, but it was only 1 inch in legspan at the time and was 75 bucks. Instead i bought a Costa Rican Zebra T. So far i am very pleased, it has molted and started turning black with markings on its legs.

My next purchase will be a Singapore sp Blue Tarantula. I know it seems like a big step from a beginner T keeper to having one of the rare'r (sp?) species of Tarantulas, but these T's especially the females with their blue/purple colouring are just amazing.

If anyone knows any places in Canada who has recently mated two of these T's and has slings to sell please by all means PM me. Thanks

LM<edit>AO nothing like telling everybody you knowingly buy illegal exotics.

Last edited by a moderator:

George!

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

My name is Dan, im from Guildford, Surrey in the UK. I got into tarantulas about 4-5 months ago and I love it. Ive just become a member of the BTS and am looking forward to starting to go to exhibitions etc.

I currently own 6 Tarantulas:

A.insubtilis

A.sp "Paraguay" (The most beautiful spider I have)

B.albopilosum

G.rosea

N.carapoensis

P.cambridgei (He's called George!)

I will post some pictures in the pictures thread at some point for you all to see! and also if you can check out my thread in the field trip section about planning my gap year, see if you can help. Cheers!

Dan

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey I'm Alex and I'm from Cincinnati OH. I just started collecting T's and it's quite addicting.

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll take this time to say Hello. Hello. Now that we have that over with I'm Zach I live in Germany but was born in CA, USA. I've been keeping and breeding various herps and others though the years from Dart frogs (egg feeding species) to snakes and co. I've just the last years started with inverts. My first a Av. sp. and then a Br. Klaasi. Then recently picked up a few slings to give that a hand. I'm hoping to expand my knowlage from you all and give what information I can to share.

Lynnsdragons

Arachnopeon
Hi... My name is Lynn with Lynn's bearded Dragons....I am a breeder of dragons and crickets... My other half (Sprocket) does Ball pythons and Rats..
I love scorpions and am slowly getting over my fear of spiders...(They get a bad rep just like snakes)....Mark from Neu World Spiders is helping me..Hope I got his name right..Sorry Mark if I did not...

We have been breeders for 10 years now..
Our other loves are NASCAR, Harleys, NHRA..You know go fast things...

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi.

I'm jake, and i just feel obliged to say hello to everybody. i look foward to chatting to everyone about theriphosidaes, and other inverts. c ya'll.

nuclearnipple

Arachnopeon
This is me!

Hi all my real name is sean, i live in the UK and have just returned to the tarantula keeping hobby after a couple of years without them.....i have kept inverts and reptile for about 10 years now but had to sell all my pets a couple of years ago due to moving into a small flat from a 3 bedroom house!!
i had over 40 Ts and about 25 different species. i also kept mantids, cockroaches, a snake or 2, gecko's and bearded dragons!! i am again moving into a new house in 2 week and have already got a T ready for the move its only a 2" lasidoria parahybana juvenile for now but they are my favorite!! will be getting more as time goes on and as my finances allow!!!

anyway a big hello to all!

crash1292

Arachnopeon
hi

hello from milwaukee!!!.....new too keeping spiders...but they are cool......almost as cool as my harleys,now if I could train one to ride on my bars......{D

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello from milwaukee!!!.....new too keeping spiders...but they are cool......almost as cool as my harleys,now if I could train one to ride on my bars......{D
I tryed, cant fit no helmets, and big problem wit goggles :p

Ruby

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

Not sure how long ive been a member on here but i realised i had not introduced myself so better late than never.

Im Ruby 19 from a cold boring town in East Sussex called Seaford. I have been keeping T's for just over a year now my first T was of course a G. rosea i have now built my collection to.

Ziggy Stardust (adult male) - Grammastola Rosea
Fluffy (unsexed) - Grammastola Pulchra
Mo (unsexed) - Brachypelma smithi
Lestat (unsexed) - Citharischius crawshayi
Pandora (unsexed) - Citharischius crawshayi

Look forward to chatting to you all !

jasso

Arachnopeon
Heya arachnophiles! Me and my girlfriend are going to get a few tarantulas (3 B. vagans slings to be exact) and we decided to do as much research as we can before actually getting them. So I decided to join this site. Caring for invertabrate animals isn't new to me, I have cared for land hermit crabs for some time.

carrieh

Arachnopeon
My name is Carrie, I'm from ontario canada. I already have a Grammostola rosea and am going to be getting 2 more in feburary. A Brachypelma albopilosum, and a Grammostola aureostriata. I would love to get more, but alas my husband doesn't. Maybe one day.

Carrie

Aeakins

Arachnopeon
Hello, hello! I am Amanda I have been fascinated with spiders my whole life but have just receantly become a tarantula owner. I have all the common ones such as two rosies and two pinktoes. I have successfully mated my rosies and waiting for the results...I am planning to add four more to my collection but that is not completely confirmed so to keep all systems clear I won't jinx the possibility :) I live in Va and am finishing my first two years at a community college Lfcc and plan to transfer to V-tech anyone live around here that can help my study and breed T's? If so send me a message this would be GREAT!!! I am definently an outdoorsy person can't get enough of it and I love playing sports Basketball,soccer and crosscountry. Please send me some messages and tell me what's up! And by all means help me!:razz:

Chameleo

Arachnopeon
I am me

Hello everyone. I am new to this whole spider raising thing, but a friend of mine told me to join this website and I did. I do not own any tarantula's (unfortunately), but having a small child makes things a little difficult. I do, however, own a pair of Chamealeons, Jordan and Ghost, which i plan on breeding next summer. I have recently added to my collection about a dozen foaches (a gift from my friend) so I can breed them and have my own food fromthe young... Someday lol. My name is Magui and I am from Iowa. I am 23 years old, and my son is 1. I do not know much about the tiny, amzing world of insect and arachnids, but hopefully this site will help me learn a thing or two... Bonne journee!! :D

Magui :3:

Iggy

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have been out of keeping Ts for a number of years and the addiction is back! Thanks

OTwolfe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello there

Greetings, I'm a 21 year old occupational therapy student from Michigan. I was introduced to arachnoboards by my beau, and found it facinating. I don't have any inverts right now, but I am working on welcoming a leapord gecko to my family- my first herp{D To be truthful, I am somewhat arachnophobic, especially of the true spider body type. However for some reason, T's are not as frightening, and I managed to actually hold one of my beau's a. avic quite comfortably. I'm hoping that as I learn more, I can conquor my fear. T's are very facinating, and I'm looking forward to learning more.

HerpCenter

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Rich and I am a 29 year old father of 2. Some people on this site know me from other sites, and other, well hello there.

I figured I would introduce myself to everyone. I currently don't own any inverts, but I do intend on adding some to my "pets list". I currently keep reptiles, and I also have several more of them I wish to add. ;)

TarantulaCages.com

Arachnopeon
TarantulaCages.com

Hi there everyone,

My name is Adam Hundt from Seattle, WA and I've recently started a website called TarantulaCages.com, which specializes in hand made acrylic cages made just for tarantulas.

I've been a longtime "lurker" to this site, and finally made an effort to contribute. I hope you will check out the site and give me some feedback, and maybe even buy a cage for yourself!

Cheers!
Adam

Last edited:

Game_Slave

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Daniel and I'm happily married to my wife Amy who got me my first tarantuala. I joined this community because me and my wife wanted to be a part of all the information and pictures being shared in the arachnid world. If you want to see pics of my T, the pics should be in the arachnoGallery under catergory Aphonopelma. It's nice to be aboard and if you have any questions or comments dont be afraid to message us, thanks :D.