Introduce Yourself

la_salle

Arachnopeon
hi..

hi everyone,

im la_salle from philippines,:) :) still a student,:} addicted from our hobby;P ;P ..

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi every one hope iam posting this properly my name is chris ive been reading all kinds of stuff on here for a while now thought i should introduce myself i love spiders and have quite a little collection going this is a awesome place to learn all kinds of interseting things about aracnids

SkorpNtrants

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey,

I am Dan from NH 20 years old and I used to keep tarantulas however due to a move, and a few of them being eaten I had decided to pick up from where I had left off, and than some.

I have 9 T's coming to me wensday and than more coming to me next month and than more after that.

Chris McDonell

Arachnopeon
hello everyone, my names chris mcdonell im 17. i currently sold alot of my collection because i didnt have enough room. i used to have a vietnamese centipede, 2 rose hairs, female OTB, T. Blondi, male H. Lividum, and .2 emperor scorps. currently i only have the Lividum and the Blondi, but i should be gaining my collection back eventually.

Chris

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello

Am Anastasia, from Russia, moved to US few yrs ago
new here, but not new to tarantulas, have few at dis moment
Phormictopus cancerides wuz my first one, still have her
shez helluvabad girl all 8" of her , lol
one verey sweet rosie,
also Brachypelma smithi, Haplopelma lividum,
Theraphosa blondi
resntly picked up Cyriopagopus sp. "blue", bit skiny and skiddish, hope she will saddle in
I also have few giant walkin sticks, emperor scorps
and one sweet chondro

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi

Hello EVERYBODY!

I'm not too new to spiders... but I am new to owning my own T. I'm doing the research and will be looking to get my first T soon.

Glad I was referred to this site!

Gonzo BobH

Arachnopeon
A short shout from Tucson, Arizona

Warm greetings all from Tucson, Arizona.

New to the boards, and just getting back in to the hobby after returning to the U.S. following my retirement from the military.

I have previously done some snake rescues and had a decent snake collection (some hognoses, royals, corns, bulls, ratsnakes, and more) as wells as beardies and agamas... but turned out enjoying the arachnids best.

Currently I have the following either in hand or on order:

Phormictopus cancerides
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Grammostola aureostriata
Citharischius crawshayi
Chilobrachys fimbriatus

Look forward to reading around here and seeing what others have to say.
{D

Adios,
BobH

Attachments

Gonzo BobH

Arachnopeon
G2G with the GBB

Hi!

My name is Heather, I'm 28... I would really like an arboreal - i'm thinking either an Avicularia versicolor (antilles pinktoe) or a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue)
Hi Heather,
I've kept a C.cyaneopubescens and loved it. Used to hate to see it kick up hairs, being so beautiful and all. It was easy to keep. Check out http://www.bighairyspiders.com/cyaneopubescens.shtml
for care information.
{D
Have fun,
/s/
BobH

Gonzo BobH

Arachnopeon
im nigel and im a malaysian of chinese descent and i live in this capital of malaysia called kuala lumpur. =)
Hey Nigel,

I just got back from KL after having lived there for 3 years. I was out near Ampang point, before the flyover -- near the Myanmar Embassy -- the one that kept getting torched. I was right across the street from that.

Got both my dogs, a terrier mix and an English bulldog, in KL. It was fun, but nice to be back in Arizona.
{D
/s/
BobH

enggie

Arachnopeon
Hi pps...

My name is Mike... from Philippines... got my Chilean Rose last Saturday and looking forward to getting other spicies...

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey my name is Mike Morra, i currently reside in Ontario, Canada. I got into this new hobby 4 months ago when i stumbled accross an illegal exotic animal booth at a flea market locally. Once i saw the tarantulas that the dealer had, i knew that i had to purchase one. I wanted to buy a cobalt blue, but it was only 1 inch in legspan at the time and was 75 bucks. Instead i bought a Costa Rican Zebra T. So far i am very pleased, it has molted and started turning black with markings on its legs.

My next purchase will be a Singapore sp Blue Tarantula. I know it seems like a big step from a beginner T keeper to having one of the rare'r (sp?) species of Tarantulas, but these T's especially the females with their blue/purple colouring are just amazing.

If anyone knows any places in Canada who has recently mated two of these T's and has slings to sell please by all means PM me. Thanks

Maculata

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Yves from Flanders (Belgium) and have a collection T's and snakes.
These are my T's at the moment, it' still growing (will it ever stop???) :?

Acanthoscurria geniculata - semi-adult female
Avicularia metallica - spiderling
Brachypelma albopilosum - semi-adult felmale
Brachypelma smithi - adult female
Brachypelma vagans - adult female
Citharischius crawshayi - spiderling
Chromatopelma cyanopubescens - semi-adult female
Grammostola aureostriata - semi-adult female
Grammostola pulchra - semi-adult female
Grammostola rosea - spiderling
Grammostola rosea - adult female
Haplopelma lividum - adult female
Heteroscodra maculata - semi-adult female
Poecilotheria regalis - spiderling
Pterinochilus murinus - semi-adult female

My english isn't verry good, hope you all understand! ;)

Last edited:

simon780

Arachnopeon

Hi All, my name is Simon, from Hong Kong, 22 years old

I have been owning 3 species scorps for 2 months now
One Heterometrus Spinifer (Forest Scorpion)
One Pandinus Cavimanus (Red Claw Scoprion)
Dozen of Chinese Golden Scorpions (I don't know what the scientific name is)

I didn't know I could have snakes, frogs, scrops, spiders, bla bla bla .. as pets
If I knew I would have started owning them as pets four years ago :}

I found this forum by googling around, this forum is very informative, now I am visiting it every day :D

I am hoping to add some more centipedes, spiders and scorpions into my collection in the future

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

this is my costa rican zebra T before his first molt(first molt owned by me i mean)

Black swallowtail tiger swallowtail and white admiral butterfly's

some kindof swamp dragonflies

Cicada, asian longhorn beetle, Kaydidid(sp?)

one of the highlights of my collection. forgot the name some tree burrowing wasp

another highlight is my cecorpia moth

stolen from niagra conservatory

store bought atlas moth the largest moth in the world

more store bought goodies. i hope to god that the T died of natural causes...

orb weaver

offspring:)))))))))))))

old ass water beetle and some wasps

caught most of my collection personally and framed them myself

what do you guys think

VooDooMan

Arachnopeon
Hey there guys and gals..... my name is Michael Jackson - LOL kidding!
I am actually Christian of Canada BC.
No spider yet but I just posted a WTB in the forum, hopefully some one has some thing kicking around for me!
I wouldn't mind picking up a few good chats friends for questions from time to time!

I am a tool and die maker......and I work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, How lame is that? LOL
any way now you all know I am lame ( and very rich )
I am happy to have joined!

Thank you

siderdude

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hi, My name is Jim and I live in Michigan and have been collecting T's and Scorps for about 12 years, right now I'm at 14 T's and 3 scorps, here is a list

1 Black Fattailed (Androctonus bicolor)

2 Yellow Fattailed (Androctonus australis)

1 Costa Rican Zebra (Aphonopelma seemanni)

5 Mexican Redknee (Bachypelma smithi)

1 Greenbottle Blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

1 Usumbara Orange Baboon (Pterinochilus murinus)

1 Antilles Pinktoe (Avicularia versicolor)

1 Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus camp stratus)

1 Ecuadorian purple (Avicularia purpurea)

1 Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia)

1 Goliath Pinkfoot (Theraphosa apophysis)

1 Mexican redleg (Brachypelma emilia)

and still growing!

Raihana

Arachnopeon
I am an arachnid addict. I have kept L mactans for quite a while and just took the plunge for my first T in mid November, now I have 4 and another on the way!

I am a happily married homeschooling mom of 4 (only 3 left at home) running my own private little zoo! LOL

Marts

Arachnopeon
Hey dudes,

Just started checking out the forum the other week and notcied a whole lot of useful information for people interested in T's, like myself.

My love for spiders started about 3 months ago, one fateful morning i woke up and noticed a small, but still scarey, Huntsman spider on the roof of my Melbourne house. So i did the usual and caught him in a glass. Instead of throwing him out though, i kept him. At first i kept him in the glass itself, feeding him daddy longlegs and the occasional fly for about 3 or 4 days, until i built a halfassed home for him.

Hes been living happily for the passed 2 or 3 months, eating flies, moths and cockroackes. But enough about my huntsman, i want a Tarantula.

Im going overseas for 6 months this year, but when i get back, im going to go out and purchase a terrarium, all the equipment, then a mad looking spider. So i may be asking a few questions around here to try and learn as much as i can.

Cheers guys.

sfmajik

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

My name is Jerry I'm from Chicago IL I'm 28 I have owned T's for about 3 years now. Was a member of spidertak.com and since that site is gone I think. I thought I should be a member in this site plus I think this site is superior to that other site, Well I hope I get to know at least a couple people. Thanx to all.