Introduce Yourself

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi every one. I breed roaches for my geckos. I'm glad i found these forums so i can find out more info when i need it.
Thanks,
~Samuel

ovaforty

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I am in San Antonio, Tx. I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now. Lots of good info here.

I have one A. Seemani that is about 3 inches body length excluding legs. From what i have read on this forum, so far, i think it is a young female.
It has a healthy appetite.

It eats crickets, small green anoles, and at the time of this post, it is eating a juvenile house gecko. I bought it at petco about 2 weeks ago.
I am keeping it in a 1/2 gallon fishbowl with crushed walnut bedding for now.
I placed a small flat rock in there, and she likes to stay on that.
I placed a 3 inch clay pot on its side for a hide, but she only uses it to place the remains from her meals there. LOL.
I have a waterbowl made from a plastic lid. I planted a soft succulant plant (no spines, and still in it's pot) in the bedding, which is about 4 inches deep.
I water the plant with a straw. there is a wet side of the bedding where the plant is, and a dry side on the opposite.
I made a top for the fishbowl with a plastic coffe can lid that fits well and holes are drilled in it. It is weighted down to prevent escapes, but the curvature of the fishbowl makes it difficult for the T to climb.

Dhaphaos

Arachnopeon
Another newcomer

Hey all,

I found this site through a link at Botarby8s.com. My name is Craig and I just recently "fell" into this hobby. My wife was given a Brachypelma smithi
(Mexican red knee) as a gift from a friend. It is quite an interesting little bugger and i'm just looking for any information on the proper care for it. We're also curious on the rate of growth and any behavior issues we should be aware of.

Anyway I just wanted to throw a post up to introduce myself and get myself
involved in these forums as well as the hobby. Hope to hear from people soon.
:razz:

AGTrauger

Arachnopeon
Introduction/Question

Hi my name is Adam I am 34 yrs old and am new to the world of arachnids/tarantulas (yes I know I'm starting late). I was born in Madison, WI but have been in California for years and in Long Beach for 15 months. I am currently reading the Tarantula Keepers Guide preparing to purchase my 1st tarantula. I really like the Costa Rican Zebra (Aphonopelma seemani) but read it can be skittish and not good for handling? Is this true or anybody have suggestions for the best "starter" tarantula? Can't wait to get my 1st baby/juvenile and meet new people thru this board.

Dhaphaos

Arachnopeon
I really like the Costa Rican Zebra (Aphonopelma seemani) but read it can be skittish and not good for handling? Is this true or anybody have suggestions for the best "starter" tarantula?
Heya,

I just started with T collecting myself and found http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=40987 this link to have some good information in these forums. I'm sure there are a ton more but I just found this site yesterday :)

yellowjacket

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Evan. I caught a scorpion in my yard the other day and I found this site looking for information on how to take care of it. I think I will like this place.:)

Onagro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, everbody! I joined this board a while back because I began a culture of Blatta Latteralis and needed help. You guys have some truly impressive animals. Someday, I'll try a tarantula, maybe one of the Oklahoma browns.

Beloved

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm posting so that I won't get that message every time I log in, that I haven't posted! I was up late one night looking for snake, spider and bug pictures for my son and I stumbled upon this site! Now, I am surprised that I really enjoy looking at all the photos and reading about how much you all enjoy your pets. I don't have any inverts but I keep wondering if that will change. :D

wyllomoon

Arachnopeon
Hello. My name is Lisa and I'm in Ontario, Canada. I'm a long time reptile and snake keeper/breeder and I've just started getting back into tarantulas after 5 years without a spider.

I've started out with the following:

1 Theraphosa blondi
1 Brachypelma emilia
1 Nhandu chromatus
1 Pterinochilus murinis
1 Grammostola rosea

and planning to pick up a Haplopelma lividum spiderling soon if all goes well.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lori

Hello everybody.

My name is Lori, and I have been on arachnoboards way too long with out introducing myself. I am very close to turning 21, and I live with my parents while going to college. They barely tolerate my obsession. I live in Hillsboro Oregon, which is way to close to NWInverts for my own good...

I don't know what it is about tarantulas that first attracted me to them. But once I owned one I fell in love. In the past two years since I got my first one I have bought books, written essays, and gone out into the community with the OSU Bug Zoo to fight the misconceptions people have about tarantulas. My ultimate goal is to write a book or make some entertaining documentary that sets the record straight about tarantulas. I get so many questions about whether or not tarantula bites are deadly, if I have ever been bit (Nope), and (much to my dismay) if they can squish it. So, if I can change a few people's minds about tarantulas then maybe I can change the world's...

sheepy_angel

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! It's really fascinating to be in this kind of hobby! I currently have the following T's and scorps (and hopefully, alot more to own!):

Scorps:
P.imperator
I.maculatus
V.spinigerus
L.australisiae

T's:
G.aureostriata
P.scrofa
B.albopilosum
C.huahini

Glad to be in this forum!{D

Tarantuloki

Arachnopeon
introduce myself

hi
I'm chris from montreal, I have about 30t's 4c's and 10s'.
I only started in the hobby 4 months ago , but like some of you
I kind of got addicted right away. I don't really like to "pick up" my inverts(unless I have to) ,not only because of fear , mostly out of respect for the tarantulas.
I will shortly be looking into breeding and hopefully I will succeed.
I also have a jungle carpet python, 2 cats ,and a gecko.
I'mm hopeing to get my own camera shortly , then I will be able to post pics of my little babies.
For a list of my inverts just check my profile.
;)

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey! I just joined the forum, in search of tarantula info. I'm known as a bit of an arachnaphobic sorta person, but alas, I have the sudden urge to own one. Last weekend I had a wolf spider I was watching in a jar, stuck a couple crickets in, hoping it would eat em..and they ripped one of its legs off..felt horrible, let it go, decided I need a bigger spider to watch, and in my research about them, I stumbled across this board!
So, name's Lacey, im 17 and from New York. Anyone who could help out with what breedand such would be good for starting out... please, feel free to share ^^

Fizco

Arachnopeon
Howdy

Im Glenn, 33, and live in the U.K.
I bought my first scorp (P. imperator) just over 4 weeks ago and found this site whilst researching it on google.
I thought i'd better introduce myself to stop the message nagging me every time i log in :)

Glenn

Husky

Arachnopeon
newbie-squared

Hey all u fine ppls. Also new with this kind of creature, and boards, maybe coz Ive been runnin and yellin whenever I seen one for the last 23 years (my age). Johan from Port Alfred, S.A. Gettin me a rosea in 10 days time, have a lot to learn still and hope Ive come to the right place? Think so. My friend and I are each gettin adult rosies, wanna start breedin soon (no or few suppliers in S.A. as of yet)shh. Lots of advice needed pls.

sunnyblonde

Arachnopeon
newbie here

hey just wanted to say hello and i am new on here . I have three T's and are still getting into the whole thing. I have a L.parahybana adult male and one A.geniculata and of course my rosehair. will post pics as soon as i get a better camera.:D

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello every one

Hello every one, my name is Doezsha I live in the SanFrancisco Bay Area on the Northern California coast line. I am long time fan of T's and other inverts plus a life long animal lover. I was out of the loop for a wile, but I just got three T's about two weeks ago and it feals good to be back.

kodos

Arachnopeon
Hey, I've been lurking around here for a while, thought I'd say hi. I got a Chilean Rose a month ago, she's doing fine. I love these boards, they're very informative and have lots of great topics.

Chickn Killa

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello All! Ive been keeping T's for several years. Just recently lost the pride of my collection my huge female Cb T. Blondi. I also have a Congo African Grey Parrot named Lucy. Anyway glad to met everyone.

Caleb~

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Caleb. I live in the town of Oakdale, California. My good friend Timmy is a member of this board as well. I am a scorpion enthusiast. Hi!