Introduce Yourself

Raghild

Arachnopeon
Greetings! I'm just looking for a good community of people who share my love of all things that creep, crawl, slither, scurry, hop, swim, and fly.

Currently my favorite Tarantula is my Psalmopoeus Cambridgei, but I'm itching to get a Psalmopoeus SP 'Black'.

Fun random fact about me. I've never been bitten by a spider, or any other invert. But I did get bit by a squirrel once. Of course now that I say this I'll go get bit by something later today I'm sure. :rofl:

RMLeone

Arachnosquire
Hello I'm New--ish? My name is Renee and I've been keeping animals for the better part of 40 years ( I know I'm old 🤦‍♀️😂🦖) I currently have 14 species of Scorpions probably around 50. I also breed Rosy Boas and create specialty morphs. I also have a 4' rescue Spider Ball Python
A baby female Butter Stripe Het Cinder 50% Het Sunkissed 50% Het Motley
Corn Snake, A juvenile Male Albino Banded California Kingsnake, a Male Albino Conda Hognose snake. I have 27 total snakes with 2 females currently pregnant. Oh and I have a super Void kitty named Sasha.

I pretty much live all animals, but I'm kinda scared of dogs, weird I know right? Not afraid of spiders and scorpions and snakes, afraid of dogs😂 well that's about all I can think of.

ctchmeifucn

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
First time on here, hope I'm doing it right. My mom was deathly afraid of spiders & my middle son is as well, although he can at least look at one whereas my mom couldn't. I've always been a little fascinated by them but not enough to keep one as a pet. I just moved to Texas from Florida & already I've seen way more spiders than I did back home. I decided to join your group because I don't want my 5 year old grandson to fear them, but to have a good understanding of them & know which ones to avoid. He is scared of all bugs right now but I'm sure that will change as he gets older. Thank you for letting us join!

Greetings! I'm just looking for a good community of people who share my love of all things that creep, crawl, slither, scurry, hop, swim, and fly.

Currently my favorite Tarantula is my Psalmopoeus Cambridgei, but I'm itching to get a Psalmopoeus SP 'Black'.

Fun random fact about me. I've never been bitten by a spider, or any other invert. But I did get bit by a squirrel once. Of course now that I say this I'll go get bit by something later today I'm sure. :rofl:
Raghild, I was bitten (stung?) by a scorpion in Florida many years ago just above my ankle. It was a small one but man, did it pack a punch! My whole leg started to swell almost immediately it seems & I had to wait 2 hours for my boss to come get me. It was the early 80's so no cell phone 3 miles in back of the dairy farm where I lived & worked.

RMLeone

Arachnosquire
Raghild, I was bitten (stung?) by a scorpion in Florida many years ago just above my ankle. It was a small one but man, did it pack a punch! My whole leg started to swell almost immediately it seems & I had to wait 2 hours for my boss to come get me. It was the early 80's so no cell phone 3 miles in back of the dairy farm where I lived & worked.
Scorpions sting not bite. I got stung by a baby Deathstalker and it was pretty bad. I could feel the venom coursing through my body 48 hrs of pain that no pain relief can affect because of how the venom works on nerves. I'm lucky ot was a baby and not one of my adults.

TyphloEruption

Arachnopeon
Latecomer Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Rain. I'm from the Bay area but grew up mainly in NYC. I'm fairly new in keeping inverts, only started this January 2024, but I loved spiders for a long while now. I'm known in my small circle for being completely in love with 1) dwarf tarantulas, 2) Old world arboreals, 3) blue tarantulas, and 4) Tarantulas from the Philippines. I also tend to on principle buy the smallest/youngest specimens because seeing them grow up and learning to take care of them from their more fragile sling stage is really satisfying (also bc they're cheaper and you have them for longer, but shhh).

I currently have 12 Ts:
A. tlitocatl
N. tripepii
A. avicularia (the only one that isn't a sling)
C cyanopubescens
Pseudhapolopus sp "Blue"
P. irminia
Aphonopelma sp "Hinojosa"
G. pulchripes
B. hamorii
H. formosus (unsure if Large or Small morph)
D. pentaloris
P. murinus

I also have a P. audax, he's currently i5 so smol. I also have a wolf spider that I caught in the house and am keeping temporarily. On the way is a C elegans that I'll get at the next expo.

I'm looking forward to being more active here!

2pew5

Arachnopeon
Hello.

I'm Aaron. I'm 18. I live in the north east of Scotland. I'm here to learn about proper tarantula care.

I recently got my first tarantula, a sub-adult chromatopelma cyaneopubescens called Nibbler. I love her (him? them? it?) and, if all goes well, I suspect I might wind up with more tarantulas in the future

cold blood

Staff member

welcome....I always like seeing fellow wisconsonites!

I keep hundreds of species from all over the world...but cams are my favorites, too

nurfhuder83647

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Mike and I’m 41. I’ve been in the hobby for about two years give or take. But started in college with a Rose hair (forget the scientific name). Took many years to get back in the hobby. I currently have a 9 tarantulas and 2 jumpers (I had 11 T’s, but lost one to a bad molt [B. Hamorii] and my other one I have no idea what got it [C. Cyaneopubescens]). These are my tarantulas:

Lasidora Parahybana, Bonnetina Papalutlensis, Haplocosmia sp. black femur, tliltocautl albopilosis, aphonepelma sp. jalisco, pamphobeteus sp. machala (still don’t know if it’s male yet, but fingers crossed), Harpactira Pulchripes, avicularia braushauseni, and psalmopoeus cambridgei. I have actually been able to purchase a mystery box and got some of my more rare T’s from that. Plan to do it again in the future. If you can, I highly recommend it. It was very cool. At the end of July, planning on puttin in an order for some more, which will definitely include a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (replace the one that died), Pterinochilus Murinus and a Hysterocrates Gigas. Might get some others on this order, but not sure.

Outside of T’s and spiders, I also have a bearded dragon, leopard gecko, cat, and dog. Definitely an animal lover here.

Dave
40 yr old
Belfast
Just got my first T, a juvenile curly hair
Nice start. When you are ready for another, may I make a suggestion. Try a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue). Beautiful New World (red and blue tarantula) that makes some amazing webs in their enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator: