Introduce Yourself

Gewan

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I just joined, I'm not 100% sure I'm a complete spider nerd yet, but I know I fancy them a lot.
I wish I lived in tropical Asian parts, where there are tons of big ones.

RichUK

Arachnopeon
Hi, new member and new to the hobby in general. Based in the UK, and trying to learn as much as possible as I go. Hoping this board will be a valuable resource, there seems to be so much conflicting information out on the web surrounding care so hoping I can get answers to any questions I may have.

My wife and I although being new have a few spiders already, as well as a couple of scorpions. We also have cats, a mantis, a frog, and until recently bred pygmy hedgehogs so we're no strangers to looking after animals. :D

OkuuFallout

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am Fallout.

I'm not too sure when my fascination for spiders and spider-like arachnids started, but I know that I never really minded them, even from a very young age. I always hated it and got pretty angry when people killed spiders for basically just existing, and always offering to peacefully relocate them if I didn't see its web nearby.
It was towards my mid-to-late teens when I got involved in a fandom with a character who is a tsuchigumo ("earth spider" in Japanese), a type of spider youkai, or basically a Japanese demon (little more complex than that, though). About 2 years after joining this fandom, that character, Yamame Kurodani, became my favorite, and that's when I gained a much bigger passion for our eight-legged, silk-producing friends.

I am not currently in a situation where I could have any pet spiders, but just seeing one in any location makes me really happy and excited, as I observe them for a bit from a respectable distance.

cold blood

Staff member
Hello, I am Fallout.

I'm not too sure when my fascination for spiders and spider-like arachnids started, but I know that I never really minded them, even from a very young age. I always hated it and got pretty angry when people killed spiders for basically just existing, and always offering to peacefully relocate them if I didn't see its web nearby.
It was towards my mid-to-late teens when I got involved in a fandom with a character who is a tsuchigumo ("earth spider" in Japanese), a type of spider youkai, or basically a Japanese demon (little more complex than that, though). About 2 years after joining this fandom, that character, Yamame Kurodani, became my favorite, and that's when I gained a much bigger passion for our eight-legged, silk-producing friends.

I am not currently in a situation where I could have any pet spiders, but just seeing one in any location makes me really happy and excited, as I observe them for a bit from a respectable distance.
Always good to see fellow Wisconsinites joining the boards!

Fideo

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Fideo/Glooth/Other_Name.txt, and I've had this account for roughly four years now but never posted anything lol, I'm more of a lurker. I've been keeping darkling beetles for about five years now. Currently, I have two blue death-feigning beetles and one hellburnt diabolical ironclad hanging out in the same tank. I also have a cat, and his name is Loki. I like to draw and love birding. Beetle picture tax incoming:

Tiddlywinks (♂︎) greeting the newest addition to the tank, GameCube (♀︎) a couple days ago. Extremely charming.

Amy (idk her sex) just being a little cutie pie.

ThreeEyedElk

Arachnopeon
Hi!
Happy to be here.
I work with different animals on the daily, love my job!
I am an artist and photographer as a hobby, and occasional gamer.
I actually don’t have any bugs…yet…and that’s why i’m here.
I have AuDHD, so please excuse any social misunderstandings!

whyamigettingobsessed

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am Ignis and am from Arizona. I used to be terrified of spiders but have started to really like them. I like to do a lot of research, so I want to continuedly learn more in order to be able to give any animal I decide to adopt/keep the best quality of life I can possibly give it. Excited to be here!

fayschmitz

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I'm Fay from Wisconsin, where the beer and brats are plentiful. I'm an artist that works as a graphic designer.

I've had a mild phobia of insects and spiders most of my life (moths in particular) that I decided to overcome by exposure therapy via insect pinning in 2023. I've since grown a side business making artwork from ethically-sourced insect taxidermy (@failleschmitz_art on insta) and now own an asian forest scorpion named Panzer, a GBB spiderling, and a few Chinese mantises all of whom I thoroughly enjoy keeping. I let the mantises crawl on my hand or arm on occasion, but they still give me a spook when they try to hop off :lol: They are helping me get over my fears and instead be calm and learn to appreciate them.

I am joining this site to aid in my research and grow in experience. Happy to be here!

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Hello!

I'm Fay from Wisconsin, where the beer and brats are plentiful. I'm an artist that works as a graphic designer.

I've had a mild phobia of insects and spiders most of my life (moths in particular) that I decided to overcome by exposure therapy via insect pinning in 2023. I've since grown a side business making artwork from ethically-sourced insect taxidermy (@failleschmitz_art on insta) and now own an asian forest scorpion named Panzer, a GBB spiderling, and a few Chinese mantises all of whom I thoroughly enjoy keeping. I let the mantises crawl on my hand or arm on occasion, but they still give me a spook when they try to hop off :lol: They are helping me get over my fears and instead be calm and learn to appreciate them.

I am joining this site to aid in my research and grow in experience. Happy to be here!
hey hey, more wisonsin connections! Welcome!

Zachary Smithi

Arachnopeon
Hey all, Zach here from Thailand! I completely quit the hobby 4 years ago (after having a collection of 25+) due to burnout from studies and a loss of interest. However, a female T stirmi I came across for sale back in May caught my eye and completely revived my interest in arachnids:angelic:. Since purchasing the stirmi, I have picked up 7 more tarantulas and G Swammerdami which I'm very happy with! I actually had an arachnoboards account 4 years back, but cannot remember any of my login details, so I've created a new one haha. Anyways, looking forward to contributing in this community!

squirl61

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Kate from Maine. I live in a lovely seacoast town with my 2 dogs Queen and Jack. We like wild blueberry breakfast smoothies, rainy days, Stephen King books and doom scrolling reddit. Very happy to be here! I'm learning so much about our hobby and husbandry from this site. Everyone is incredibly helpful. This is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hi, I'm Kate from Maine. I live in a lovely seacoast town with my 2 dogs Queen and Jack. We like wild blueberry breakfast smoothies, rainy days, Stephen King books and doom scrolling reddit. Very happy to be here! I'm learning so much about our hobby and husbandry from this site. Everyone is incredibly helpful. This is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.
Welcome to ab Kate 😊

CrystalRose

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! Not exactly a new member but finally getting back to being on the boards. I'm Tammy from Wisconsin. Looking forward to getting to know you all again :) 1000001759-1.jpg

EdWhy

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm from Hull in the UK. I'm new to keeping Ts and inverts in general, starting last year. I've used these forums so much since before getting my first inverts, that I thought I'd finally join!

I'm in my mid 40s, and going through a bit of autistic burnout, so my little pets are my main focus while I recover. When I'm not so broken I enjoy reading and art. I used to sculpt and paint and would love to sculpt a tarantula!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hi! I'm from Hull in the UK. I'm new to keeping Ts and inverts in general, starting last year. I've used these forums so much since before getting my first inverts, that I thought I'd finally join!

I'm in my mid 40s, and going through a bit of autistic burnout, so my little pets are my main focus while I recover. When I'm not so broken I enjoy reading and art. I used to sculpt and paint and would love to sculpt a tarantula!
Hi and welcome to ab 😊
You will fit in well here we all love art, reading and alot of us are crafty and love to make things 😁
Your not broken! you just need to reboot 😊 my son and brother are both Autistic, you will get there you just need some quiet time to stim and process. I have a feeling if you got the clay out and just messed about with it for fun no goal just felt it in your hands it may help 😊