Introduce Yourself

Hailstorm

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm Hayley! 29 Ontario. Been in this hobby for over a year now. I had a Mexican redknee sling that passed unfortunately. I currently have a asian forest Scorpion and a amazon blue bloom tarantula:) I also have reptiles 😍 I work at a Mexican restaurant and I also enjoy cosplaying :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hello! I'm Hayley! 29 Ontario. Been in this hobby for over a year now. I had a Mexican redknee sling that passed unfortunately. I currently have a asian forest Scorpion and a amazon blue bloom tarantula:) I also have reptiles 😍 I work at a Mexican restaurant and I also enjoy cosplaying :)
Welcome and so cool, I have always wanted to do cosplay but I am an introvert and go no where so I have never been brave enough to try it. Very cool though 😎

XxKamikazexX

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I am new to the hobby, I only have two Ts, a GBB and a Curly Hair. I never thought i would like Ts but here i am! Just looking to learn and discuss. I also have reptiles.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hello!

I am new to the hobby, I only have two Ts, a GBB and a Curly Hair. I never thought i would like Ts but here i am! Just looking to learn and discuss. I also have reptiles.
Hi and welcome 🙂
You came to the right place for info, I never go anywhere else for my info since I joined . There's always someone on here that knows lol.

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the addiction. You have a good start to work on your husbandry skills. Get comfortable and keep moving forward. There's an epic amount of information here and if no one knows, the experienced will often fake it well enough to be helpful.

Cheers!

PermianEnd

Arachnopeon
Hi there, I’m Britt from Minnesota, ecstatic to be here. I’m a life science nerd that hasn’t gone down the spider rabbit hole until now, & so glad I have.

I’ve started slowly with a Tliltocatl albopilosus juvenile (curly hair), an Avicularia avicularia sling, & a Phidippus regius (not sure how old). My curiosity truly started after I saw a lecture online about spider silk, & dreamt of keeping T’s & other arthropods since. (I never had a partner who was interested/tolerant, so wasn’t able to keep any until now)

Their webs & other ways they sense prey / move about their environment is probably my favorite feature. It’s such a joy to observe them every day, & it’s enriched my life in ways I was completely ignorant to.

Grateful & excited for future T experiences.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Hi there, I’m Britt from Minnesota, ecstatic to be here. I’m a life science nerd that hasn’t gone down the spider rabbit hole until now, & so glad I have.

I’ve started slowly with a Tliltocatl albopilosus juvenile (curly hair), an Avicularia avicularia sling, & a Phidippus regius (not sure how old). My curiosity truly started after I saw a lecture online about spider silk, & dreamt of keeping T’s & other arthropods since. (I never had a partner who was interested/tolerant, so wasn’t able to keep any until now)

Their webs & other ways they sense prey / move about their environment is probably my favorite feature. It’s such a joy to observe them every day, & it’s enriched my life in ways I was completely ignorant to.

Grateful & excited for future T experiences.
Hi n welcome to you and your spoods 😊

BrandeBee

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Brande originally from California currently living in North Carolina (6y). I'm relatively new to the tarantula world, I started light with jumping spiders about 3 years ago. Kept a few mantises, and finally convinced my husband to let me take the plunge into tarantulas end of November 2023. I've successfully raisedy 1st T, a caribena versicolor to adulthood, and currently have quite a few Ts... I love reading, hanging out, and enjoying nature. I am here to learn as much as I can about what I have and what's out there ❤❤

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@BrandeBee Welcome to AB. My first GF was Brandi, now living in northern California for 6 years.
Enjoy yourself, don't hesitate to ask question, ignore the trolls, and maybe put together a list of the highly informed sources lurking on here, often deep in their T burrows. You're best starting point for Ts would be @viper69. Doing searches of his posts is a gold mine of info. Just ignore his cow with mastitis come milking time demeanor. Enjoy.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I more like to think of him like the grumpy grandad of ab 😆 he has that harsh n blunt demeanor but is full of wisdom for those that take the time to see it .
I’m not here to tell bedtime stories for the milk and cookies crowd 🤣. I write succinctly so as not to waste people’s time. No one is getting paid to provide help 😉

@BrandeBee Welcome to AB. My first GF was Brandi, now living in northern California for 6 years.
Enjoy yourself, don't hesitate to ask question, ignore the trolls, and maybe put together a list of the highly informed sources lurking on here, often deep in their T burrows. You're best starting point for Ts would be @viper69. Doing searches of his posts is a gold mine of info. Just ignore his cow with mastitis come milking time demeanor. Enjoy.
Thanks, but I disagree, there several people here that have more information than me. I just read a lot at times.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
I’m not here to tell bedtime stories for the milk and cookies crowd 🤣. I write succinctly so as not to waste people’s time. No one is getting paid to provide help 😉
🤣🤣🤣 could never imagine you doing that ! More this is how you do it take it or leave it. I like your bluntness, your precise n to the point , wish more ppl were like you irl 😉

We get paid in knowing we did our best for the creatures we love ..... spoods not ppl btw 😆

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
🤣🤣🤣 could never imagine you doing that ! More this is how you do it take it or leave it. I like your bluntness, your precise n to the point , wish more ppl were like you irl 😉

We get paid in knowing we did our best for the creatures we love ..... spoods not ppl btw 😆
Never could figure out why some peeps wrote 5 sentence when the question posed need a yes/no. 🤮🙄

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Never could figure out why some peeps wrote 5 sentence when the question posed need a yes/no. 🤮🙄
You know I do 😆 can't help myself, I like to share t stuff 😁🤷🏻‍♀️ but I wish I could just yes or no, I can irl with ppl but not when it comes to t's 😂.

gray recluse

Arachnopeon
New tarantula owner here! I've always loved spiders and I finally decided to get one to look after. She's a t. albopilosus and this site has already been invaluable when it comes to caring for her. (It's also how I was able to tell she was a she to begin with.) So thank you all for providing such a wealth of knowledge.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
New tarantula owner here! I've always loved spiders and I finally decided to get one to look after. She's a t. albopilosus and this site has already been invaluable when it comes to caring for her. (It's also how I was able to tell she was a she to begin with.) So thank you all for providing such a wealth of knowledge.
Hi n welcome to our wonderful world of t's 😉, you've chosen an excellent t to start with I have 3 lol amazing and gorgeous little floofers 😊

gray recluse

Arachnopeon
I had to get the pass from my husband to bring a creepy crawly into the house so I wanted to make sure to ease his concerns by getting one that was known to be good for beginners. I don't regret the choice and I already love her dearly.

mrvenom187

Arachnopeon
Hi, am JC from Tijuana, glad to be back here again use to have a collection but since I move to a smaller place had to give them away so am getting back the hobby and this time am dragging my daughter into it😂since she loves tarantulas to, anyways I'm pleased to see that this forum still exists and I'm happy to be back.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
I had to get the pass from my husband to bring a creepy crawly into the house so I wanted to make sure to ease his concerns by getting one that was known to be good for beginners. I don't regret the choice and I already love her dearly.
You couldn't of chosen a more adorable and endearing species for that job 😊

Hi, am JC from Tijuana, glad to be back here again use to have a collection but since I move to a smaller place had to give them away so am getting back the hobby and this time am dragging my daughter into it😂since she loves tarantulas to, anyways I'm pleased to see that this forum still exists and I'm happy to be back.
Welcome back 😊

Jess M

Arachnopeon
Hi; I’m Jess. I’m 31(f), I live in PA. I just bought my first tarantula on 8/23/24. It’s a 3-3.5 inch Tliltocatl albopilosus, named Ripley. I’ve never had a tarantula (or any exotic pet) before so this is all very new! I do have a chiweenie (he’s the Love of My Life) and a betta as well.

I thought this might be a good place to ask questions, if I had any, and to share in enthusiasm for the not-so-scary big crawlies.