Introduce Yourself

scorpio scorp

Arachnopeon
Hello

Well i thought i better introduce myself tothe site :worship: imm a 23 yr old female from devon thats on this site as im gaining an interest into the aracnid world of creapy crawles!! im very interested in snakes and slowly getting used to scorpions but unfortsionatly still suffering a major fear of spiders!!:wall: So any ideas on how i could get over this comments welcome ;) well thats it for now i wont bore you with anything else cheers for now.
Scorpio Scorp

money16

Arachnopeon
Meeeee

'ello world :D! I'm Ziggy from NJ, and I've just gotten a Mexican Redknee s'ling, here for info on how to take care of my new li'l one... Okie I look forward to bothering everyone :D!! cyaz

diadematus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Usernamechange

Dear all,

I've switched to a more anonymous username (some people might just not understand this interest) and just wanted to let you know. Previously I was "Kevin P..." and as of today "diadematus". Sounds good, I think.

novato

Arachnopeon
Hello! I have never kept tarantulas before but I am very interested. I keep snakes and skinks. I am going to learn from this forum so I can keep my future tarantulas in the best conditions.

spineless

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hello. My name is Jim and I live just outside of Nashville TN.

I have long been fascinated with the spineless beings of our world. I’ve worked with and bred several types of reptiles over the years but am now directing my focus to Tarantulas and their prey. Even when keeping reptiles I found myself more interested in the insects that I fed them. I bred Zophobas morio (superworms) for many years and had a couple of colonies of hissing cockroaches. Camel cricket and black cricket projects were unfortunately aborted before fruition.

My past experiences with Tarantulas were with Avicularia sp., Brachypelma albopilosum, Grammastola rosea and a couple of unidentified species. My re-entry into Tarantula keeping is with a juvenile female Phormictopus cancerides that I got for my 44th birthday. She is awesome in the true sense of the word – inspiring awe.

My goals are:
1. To keep and successfully breed many species of Tarantulas.
2. To see and collect a Tarantula from the wild. (Aphonopelma sp., of course)
3. To attend Arachnocon 2007.

sarahtar3

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi I have been on this site for about a year now. But I have never posted. So here it. I have been in to spiders all of my life. I have been keeping T's for about 12 years. At this time I have 9. I have 1 female Avicularia versicolor, 1 female Grammolstola rosea, 1 male Brachypelma smithi, 1 female Pterinochilus lugardi, 1 female Pterinochilus murinis, 1 male Aphonopelma chalcodes, 1 male Aphonopelma iodius, 1 famale Aphonopelma Burica, 1 female wolf spider.

Attachments

zazaqaz

Arachnopeon
Intro:

Hello, My name is Travis. I found this site the other day after our new tarantula joined our family. AB has been a great source of information.

sidnake

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hi my names Alex im 15 and have 1 Chile Rose, called incy wincy hehe dunno about the spelling. I mostly keep Reptiles, and have about 25 snakes. And am looking to get more arachnids. I also help out at a reptile shop.

Alex:)

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chuck
Male
Albany, NY

Hey everyone, I've been browsing these board's for sometime now. I've been interested in spider's most of my life. I have no clue what took me so long to get into T's but now that I am ordering my first T, the excitement is driving me nuts.:wall:I will be ordering a female G. Aureostriata in the next few weeks, I plan on posting many pictures of her so everyone can see how I'm doing raising my first T.

My picture can be found in the newest Who's behind the computer thread.

Any advice would be much appreciated, though I have read all the beginner information on this site time an time again, and from other website's aswell.

wollywoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I'm Wolly (Holly) and I am very happy 2 join this site!! {D looking forward 2 finding out all about these facinating creatures!! ;)

Mr_Mitch

Arachnopeon

Hello all,

I am Aaron Mitchell. I teach photography and graphic arts and have recently gotten into T's when I began to use one as a subject for my photography. These little creatures make beautiful subjects and eventually I will try to get some photos up.

Mr Short Radius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I just started posting in the forums after the build of my new computer. I have 43 spiders and the number is growing fast...

Chilobrachys fimbriatus (indian violet)
Heteroscodra maculata (togo starburst)
Avicularia metallica (metallic pink toe)x2
Avicularia avicularia (Guyana Pinktoe)x2
Avicularia versicolor (antilles pinktoe) x2
Pamphobeteus nigricolor (blue purple bloom)x2
Lasiodora parahybana (Salmon pink bird eater)x2
Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan sun tiger)
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Trinidad chevron)
Brachypelma albopilosum (Honduras curly hair) x2
Poecilotheria regalis (indian ornamental)
Poecilotheria ornata (Fringed ornamental)
Poecilotheria miranda (Bengal Spotted Ornamental)
Poecilotheria fasciata (Sri Lankan ornamental)
Poecilotheria formosa (Salem ornamental)
Poecilotheria pederseni (Pedersens Ornamental)
Poecilotheria rufilata (Redslate ornamental)
Poecilotheria subfusca (Ivory Ornamental)
Brachypelma smithi (mexican red knee)
Brachypelma klaasi (Mexican pink)
Brachypelma vagans (Mexican Redrump) x3
Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican tigerrump)
Citharischius crawshayi (King Baboon)
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue)
Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant Whiteknee)
Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fang)
Ephebopus murinus (Skeleton)
Pterinochilus murinus (Usambara Orange Starburst Baboon)
Cyriocosmus elegans (Trinidad Dwarf)
Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tigerrump)
Haplopelma minax (Thailand Black)
Ceratogyrus marshalli (horned baboon)
Metriopelma sp. (Blue femur)
Nhandu chromatus (white striped birdeater)x2

the P metallica will be very soon and also the striata. I've been into T's for a few years and have been an addict ever since the first one. I have lots of hobbys, and this is my favorate. It helps me take my mind off of everyday life. I'm 29 and my 7 year old daughter loves spiders just as much as I do.:D
Hell, half of those are her spiders. I have a friend thats a breeder so I help him for spiderlings in return. I did buy many of them. I feel in another year or 2, ill need help feeding my spiders. Great hobby.

Ms. Mice

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello, I'm new to this fourm, but have owned a Haplopelma lividum (Cobalt Blue T) for 4 years now. I joined this fourm to gain more information about her. She was bought for an Earth Day Display origanally. My biggest question is what is her life span?

ogershok

Arachnopeon
Introduction

I'm an old geezer who has had a fear of spiders all my life. I decided it was time to do something about that. I bought a Grammostola aureostriata to help me deal with my irrational fear. Now I'm hopelessly hooked. Already I'm shopping for another T, probably one of the Brachypelma. The sheer number of choices is part of the pleasure of having these pets.

zilch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello everyone, i just become a scorpion enthusiast after watching my friend's h.spinifers :) i now have c.exilicaudas 2instars. hoping for c.gracilis or scorps with nice colours.

Mooksreptiles

Arachnopeon
My name is Robert, i'm from the san francisco area, are the are people here just north of SF? I've beeen keeping for about twelve years, and I have abou twenty different pets at my home.

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
Hi My name is Domino and I got my first T 2 years ago and have acumulated to about 87 not alot by just enough to want more.:)

nothing_shadow

Arachnopeon
Hey there everyone.
I'm new here to the Arachnoboards.
First off I will admit that my knowledge of tarantulas and scorpions is very limited. But thats why I am here.
I have been working with reptiles for a long time now and thanks to a wonderful girl I now have a much deeper appreciation for inverts.
For the past 5 years I have worked for a pet store (on and off), and I have done a "exotic animal education project" at local schools. My main goal is to teach kids that these are wonderful and beautiful animals, and while you always need to respect the possible danger of some of them, you don't need to fear and/or kill them.
I will no doubt have lots of questions to ask on here. So I guess on that note, I'll see you around
Kyle

Sirunus

Arachnopeon
Hello, er, I'm Chris, and I am twenty years old. I've been lurking these boards for some time now, and I was too shy to post anything. I began the hobby about eighteen months ago with a B. smithi, and uh, I don't really know what else to say. Look forward to meeting you all.

spinneret

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hi, my name is Ian and i live in a little city called Gloucester in England, i've liked spiders all of my life but have only been keeping T's for 3 years i have 10 so far, i've listed them in my profile. :3: :3: people think i'm weird for keeping T's. I say they are just borin for keeping everyday pets lol