Introduce Yourself

lostriverdoc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I'm Brian. Have been living in So. Arizona for 3 1/2 years now. Got fed up with the N.H. winters and packed up the wife and kids and here we are. Have just started keeping and collecting the unusual in this area and so far have only one T. (a Sunburst bought @ a local pet store ) Have seen some very small local male T's,but am only interested in finding females for now. Also have a L. hesperus (Black Widow) which are abundent in this area, and a C. exilicauda which I found by the pool about 6 weeks ago.Hope to get many more of the local arac's. and reptiles from around Az.

Last edited:

Binky/Carol

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey , I am Carol, a transplant to WI from CA.
Been here 6 years now...
I got my first T, a venerable G. Rosea male.. that I didn't know was one.. till about a week before he decided to molt.. he already has his tibial spurs...
he passed on.
Got my hubby a brown phase Rosea for his birthday... (yah right)... he named her Binky.
I got a Honduran Curly hair after my male passed on.. and something happened to her.. after a good week, she died.. we weren't sure when but after 10 days of ICU, checking, asking questions.. posting on the ATS...
I finally buried her next to Rosy my male G. Rosea...
I went out and got a great deal on a Pink Toe..
And had a B. Vagans sent to me cause his person couldn't keep him any more.
He is just a little guy/gal...

SO now I am looking to replace my Curly hair, and want to find other WI, northern ILL.. T keepers...

Carol

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I'm really looking forward to learning more and helping others the best way I can. I have 16 T's as most of them are not over 8 months old. I do have about a 6 inch G Rosea who loves to climb up the side of the cage when she hears my voice so I can hold her. That is amazingly cute. OK let's get the ball rolling here. See ya'all inside.:clap:

corvelx

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Cory, I live in SW Idaho. I'm a senior working on my BBA in CIS. Hobbies... well, I have my 4 Ts. I got my first one, a G. Rosea, in April this year and the other three in the months following. I study Judo and Jiu Jitsu and play guitar. I'm really happy I found such a great resource for my pets :)

Cheers
Cory

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Welcome Cory and cheetah13mo :D Hope ya have fun here and meet some great people!

Vanilla

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My name is Lisa and I am new here.I am 22 and a vegetarian and have a 2 yr old daughter.I have 21 rats,8 mice,2 leopard geckos,a turtle and some fish.I am hoping to get my first tarantula next week and so I am looking up all the important things I need to know before I get it.I am also hoping to get a scorpion and millipede in the coming months.I am here to learn and meet new people in the process!!

~Lisa~

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My name is Lisa and I am new here.I am 22 and a vegetarian and have a 2 yr old daughter.I have 21 rats,8 mice,2 leopard geckos,a turtle and some fish.I am hoping to get my first tarantula next week and so I am looking up all the important things I need to know before I get it.I am also hoping to get a scorpion and millipede in the coming months.I am here to learn and meet new people in the process!!

~Lisa~
well wlecome lisa lol!!! 21 rats?

scott engel

Arachnopeon
hi my name is scott im from st.louis mo im curently a college student studying zoology i have 25 tarantulas but that keeps changing almost everyday it seems. I have a colony of madagascar hissing cockroaches and a colony of discoids and 2 ball pythons and 2 leopard geckos and 2 turtles and an emperor scorpion and israli gold scorpion i just enjoy learning more about bugs everyday

Halgeir

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Howdy people!

My name is Morten, I'm 19 years old from Norway - Kristiansand (all the way down south).
I'm currently attending high school. Where I study art, drawing and painting.
On my spare time I got my ass in front of the computer!
I currently got one Pandinus Imperator baby and a female G. Rosea :)

DFW Tfan

Arachnopeon
Hello All

My name is Larry and I am fairly new to the wonderful world of Ts. I have a female G. rosea named Libby and we live in Ft. Worth Texas.

I hope to learn more about these small wonders from y'all, as I want to have happy healthy T (s) for many years to come.

Raven Shadows

Arachnopeon
Hello All

Hi, my name is Manon and I joined this site for two resons. One was to see if I could find someone who would sell me 2-3 femael Giant Hissing Cockraches. I just want pets but every place I have been to wants to sell them to me by the dozens!:wall: So, I am hopeing some one here can help me. The secound reson is I adore all types of bugs and love to talk about them. Anyway I would enjoy hearing from anyone intrested in selling cockroaches or just talking.{D
Manon

willyomt

Arachnopeon
My Turn

Hi All,
I've visited this site numerous time before, and even signed up about a year ago, but I've never posted anything. Time to change that!
My name is Bill, and I live in Montana. Tarantula keepers are few and far between here. Right now I have about 60 tarantulas, but in the past I've been know to keep up to around 1000. That's of course when I was more into the breeding than I currently am. I was real heavy into tarantulas in the 80s and 90s, but then had an accident in my bug room and killed off most of my stock, so I decided to throw in the towel. But, I just can't seem to get these creatures out of my blood, so I'm getting back into it again and I'm starting to stock up on Brachypelmas in an attempt to do some more breeding. I don't/won't limit myself to that genus though, and intend to breed others too.
I just got back from a collecting trip to the southwest, and boy was it great! I caught all kinds of inverts, and I can't wait to go back.
Well, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I anticipate spending more and more time here, so maybe we can chat some time?

Last edited:

Desert Drew

Arachnopeon
Hello from Lake Mead, Nevada in the Mojave desert, scorpion country don't cha know?!!

My name is Drew, my better half is Micki (Mojave Micki).

We both love invertebrates and reptiles and have had many in the 22+ years of our marriage. We love going for hikes through the desert looking for critters and we are looking to expand our current collection of scorpions to include centipedes, millipedes, hissing roaches and of course many more varieties of scorpions. We are advanced keepers having kept Arizona Bark Scorpions, Desert Hairy Scorpions, Sidewinders, Tiger & Mojave Green rattlesnakes, many reptile species, Hissing Roaches, Solifugids, Tarantulas, Widows, Jumping Spiders, Mantids, etc., etc., etc.
If anybody needs to cut down on their collection or has too many babies we would be happy to help by paying for shipping (hint, hint)!

Anyway, we look forward to learning more about this hobby from all of you and hope that we can contribute something in return. We have lived in the Mojave desert for nearly 10 years and know much about it so don't be afraid to ask us.

Type at cha later,
Desert Drew & Mojave Micki

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

I am Melissa. I have a wonderful husband and three children, only one left at home, two dogs and some T's. I ended up here searching google for a resource and it brought me here to one of the posts. So here I am. :worship:

Art Klass

Arachnopeon
My name is Art. I live in Springfield, MO. I am married and have three girls. I am a long time fan of the boa constrictor and feel myself being pulled into the world of tarantulas. It's going to be a fun ride.

Junkyard

Arachnopeon
I guess I should introduce myself also, I am a friend of the herp world and fairly new to Ts.

It is good to see you here Art! Everyone, that is a man who is true to his name!

Web Weaver

Arachnopeon
Newbie Intro

Hi! My friend, Trish, introduced this fascinating hobby and now it seems we can't get enough. I live in Texas, but grew up in New Mexico where Tarantulas were abundant. Now I'm collecting the very things my mother use to warn me about! I currently have 4 Aphonopelmas and 7 G. aureostriata slings captive bred and gifted by Trish. The most recent Aphonopelma was wild caught just this past weekend, a Rio Grande Gold. I have a list of species that I am hoping to acquire, but am wanting to get slings and raise them up, keeping a female of each desired species. My 12yo son is my partner in this hobby, but my boyfriend is also very interested. My 16yo son remains aloof. ;) I've learned a lot by reading through several threads on the boards and look forward to lots more to come!

martin98

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hi, my names John and I got in to tarantulas when a friend had to get rid of his, I keep geckos so I have a lot to learn. Temps and humidity should be about the same, but I don't even know what kind of tarantula it is. So I posted a picture in the ID section and hopefully someone can help me, thanks.

kevinr

Arachnopeon
well hello

hello there:D

My name is Kev, I'm 27 and acually more of a fish keeper then anything else. Someone on another board I visit made a post about getting a mantid and that kinda sparked an interest, so here I am waiting for my mantid to arrive and looking to learn as much as possible about them.

I've gone for an african mantid, as I was told that they are a good beginners invert, so who knows where this new hobby could go...anywhoo..looking forward to leeching as much info from you guys, as I can:worship: