Introduce Yourself

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi all,

i'm new around here.

there's not much to tell about myself - i'm from germany (so sorry for my english...) and i've been into tarantulas for 6 years now. i also keep two snakes and look after my boyfriend's cats (thank god there's only two of them;)).
i finished university about a year ago and i'm a hardworking, fun-less grown-up now :D. well, actually i work for an advertising company and it's fun most of the time.
i keep 9 tarantulas at the moment - not much, I know. but I like to house them generously and I don't have that much room for them right now.

i hope to learn a lot from you and i'm looking foreward to a lot of interesting discussions.

greetz,
alice

Chilkootmom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Intro

Hi there!

My name is Linda. I am 29 (almost 30...eeeek) and I live in Atlantic Canada. I just recently got into T's and got my first one last week :) I would like to get another but am having trouble finding a Canadian dealer that wont cost an arm and a leg to get one here. I would love to start out with a baby and watch it grow and change colors etc. I want something that wont just be a rock...I have a Rosie (Charlie) now that just sits there...I love her but she is boring. ;o)

Anyway...I just love reading about them and seeing pics etc...I find them sooooo amazing.

So...that is my story ;o)

Linda

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello everyone! I'm Andy, current in Clermont FL(just moved 2 months ago from ny to central fl). Wildlife was always of deep interest in my life as I loved all the sciences and the amazement of animals around us. Tarantulas were always seen as very interesting creatures in my mind and their persona always had me in a fascinated state of mind when learning more about them. I've used this forum to help enrich my specific knowledge about T's and to help expand the amount of species and genus I can gain information about. May that be temperment, identification, special traits, etc. I'm glad to be here to help learn more about Ts. I want to own one in the next few month or so but I'm having the "household" problem of parents saying no and my lil sis sayin she'll freak out..=/. This setback however is not stoping me at all to gain more information on these quite interesting creatures. My goal of owning one is strong and well driven! Once again I would like to thank everyone who posts here for their contributions, pictures, questions, and solutions. Thanks for sharing your experiences as they are a delight to read and inquire about.

-Andy

nidhogg

Arachnopeon
Newbie from Norway

Hi all :cool:
I'm a guy from Norway. Got my first scorpions now, bought as P.imperator, but I doubt it now...I think it might be a heterometus sp.
Otherwise I'm mostly into reptiles, allthough they are illegal her in Norway, as one of three countrys...
Listen to (mostly) industriel and black metal...

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, as a new member of the board, I'll step in and introduce myself. I live in the desert outside of Tucson, Arizona. Have found five species of scorpions on the property so far, as well as a couple tarantulas. But until recently haven't bothered keeping them as "pets". We've occassionally kept a specimen for a few days in order to get photographs, but a recent situation developed that requires us (my wife and I) to raise some scorpions to adulthood. That started us on the new approach. A couple days ago I got my first captive tarantula - a sunburst baboon - and I'm hooked on a new hobby. I'm especially glad to find a forum like this to put me in touch with other people I can ask question of.

SmokinAFuente

Arachnopeon
Thanks for having me on this killer fourm. :worship:

I turn 38 in December and have my 19th wedding anniversary in November. We have a 11 year old daughter, and a huge 3 year old boy!! I work at Mack Trucks in Hagerstown, MD as a CNC machinist. I make gears and shafts for there transmissions and I'm a member of the UAW local 171. In my free time I; play with the kids, play on the PS2 (until the PS3 comes out), moderate over at reptileadvice.com and hang out at the local smoke shop. When I'm not helping the wife clean or feed something, I can be found outside with a good cigar. Been keeping herps sense about '89. You can check out my profile for a quick overview of our zoo. :D

spiderguy25827

Arachnopeon
hi

hello my name is eric amd i have 13 tarantulas 4 rose hairs 2 orange baboons 1 dodman baboon and i have a h minmax also i have a a seminiar and a pink toe 1 red rump ,1 trigerrump 1 stout legged baboon and i love everyone of them they are really healthy and gratly taken care of i have started this hobby a year ago and love every min of it

unicron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
go canada

hello

i am Jason "aka" Unicron. i am a member of venomlist and while trying to find a canadian seller for scorpions i was directed here. the forum looks great. ok about me. I am 26, male from winnipeg canada. i own 3 emps that i house in a 40 gallon tank. hoping to get some more scorps soon and a trap door spider.

Andy Gigas

Arachnopeon
Happy to be here

Hello, I have been a fan of the site for a long time now, and I guess it was about time to join up, I will most likely be hanging around the myriapod forum, but I do have some other cool inverts as well, I will see you on the boards.

Katharine

Arachnopeon
Hey!

So, um, hi. I don't have any inverts...well, there is this spider, I think it's a grass spider, living on a windowsill in my livingroom. I feed it houseflies when I can catch one. (She?)'s more of a co-resident of my house than a pet though.

I've been looking for a forum about spiders for a while, and just found this one today while looking up info on water bugs. Whatever.

loveisdenial

Arachnopeon
and enters me!

Hi,
I'm christopher,I'm 19, I live in Lakeland, FL, i'm completely obsessed with spiders. As a child i was constantly being scolded for picking up random spiders in our house and releasing them, not knowing the danger. I never saw it as a danger I have always loved them.{D

rockyroad

Arachnopeon
whats up? im don, i live in CO and i hope i learn a lot more about these wonderful creatures, i'm just gettnig started.

-don

jimmysp4des

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Names Chris, recently fell in love with arachs and I just can't get enough of em. My yahoo id is up if you have any question or concerns.

Mercedes

Arachnopeon
'Ello!

I stink at introductions, so I apologize for this shabby first-impression.

First off, you call me Mercedes, Merc, Myrrk, or any variation thereof; I'm not particularly anal about those sorts of things.

I've been an avid spider-lover all my life but still can't own one on account of my mother being arachnophobic...I found this site over the net and hope to enlighten her about spiders and why they're so amazing. ^^ I've been browsing the site for awhile and find it extremely interesting and informative. I hope to see you all on the boards.

krishaandjosh

Arachnopeon
marion reply to my e-mail address

hey i am a new person here and i know a pretty good amount about tarantulas. the first type of tarantula i would recommend is a chilean rose. they are very docile type tarantulas. also they are very loving.if you wish you may e-mail at krishaandjosh@yahoo.com. look forward to hearing from you. krisha aka monkey

ullydin

Arachnopeon
Hi ,
I'm Jo. I'm 27 and I come from St-jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec,Ca. I'm new to the wonderfull world of spiders. I bought my first T bout 2 weeks ago from Tarcan and The red Queen (thanks a million guys) and am looking forward to having more. I'm also into fresh water fish. I have a total of 105 gal of water in my third floor appartment.

See you guys out there

spiderking

Arachnopeon
Hello every one, I've been in this site for quite sometime i just forgot to introduce myself. I'm Fin from Manila, Philippines. I've been in the hobby for almost 4 years now. My first t was a pair of A.Avicularia which i successsfully bred and reared its 140 plus spiderlings. I am fascinated with spiders since i was a little kid. Here in our country we have a season where we compete spiders like cockfighting or SABONG in Filipino language. Primarily orb weavers. When i was a kid i used to join them, but when i grew old i stopped it when i realized their contribution in balancing our environment. Right now i have some B. smithi, B. emilia, G. aureostriata, P. irminia, C. huahini, Selenocosmia dichromata, B. boehmi, P. baeri (Philippine dwarf) and some scorps. Thanks to the people who made this site. It's very informative. More power to you all.

TheImperator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will not give my name out, but you all can call me Spider-Man....no I'm serious...thats my nickname...lol....well, I guess I'll tell you all about myself. Im just an ordinary guy living in California. That will be all. Thank you. :D

Kutoja

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name's Kutoja, or Amanda if you prefer. I don't have any inverts myself, (I think they're neat to watch, though,) but my kid brother has a rosie. I ran into his board while looking up said critter, so I wouldn't do anything stupid while looking after Paavo the spider. (Don't ask me why the kid named (him?) that; he just said that it's "about the stupidest name for a spider". Personally, I think Paavo was named for Loren's favourite character on a Finnish TV series.)

Er... I think that's all.

platycryptus

Arachnopeon
Hello from David Hill

Hello! I'm new to Arachnoboards. I have studied jumping spiders (Salticidae) for some time and can help with questions on these animals. Visit my site at http://dhill.batcave.net for PDF publications on jumping spiders that you can download.