Introduce Yourself

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello !!!

Hello, just a little intro, ♫ da-ta-da ♫ , I started keeping scorpions late summer '05, sorta got it thrown upon me, but now I really enjoy it. I live in NE OH US, Happily Married Male Monogamist with Children (2 girls). I happened upon this board seeking more info (accurate info) about my new hobby/lifestyle. thanks for your time.

Media

Arachnopeon
New here, LOVE my pets!!

I have 2 emperor scorpions. I think both are females, but am not sure. I've had them for a few months, but have wanted some for MUCH longer! I've done an exausting amount of research on numerous sites which led me here. I look forward to getting helpful info, and maybe later on, being able to help in return.

GoliathTaylor

Arachnopeon
Hello from GoliathTaylor

My name is Taylor and my favorite spider is the Goliath bird eater. I have 4 wolf spiders, 2 that have egg sacs. I'm going to get a Goliath for myself. This will be the 1st exotic spider for me. If anyone has any suggestions please post them. I've also had 3 Brown Recluses and various other spiders and insects. Arachnids Rule!

spud web

Arachnopeon
introduction

hey spider fans, i'm a new member with lots of "fun" pets. lots of tarantulas (mostly hair kickers), a handful of scorpions (the more venomous the better), and then the regular type of pets (lizards, snakes, birds, dogs and cats). happy to be in a place where people understand my obsession!!

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
I'm New

Hello everyone. I'm new. I have a Rose hair Tarantula named Mary Jane. I got her from a friend and have had her for about two months. We are still getting use to each other. Anywho...I dont know what else to say.

TroubledParent

Arachnopeon
Harro.

We're new. We bought a rose haired about two months ago, went on a trip for Thanksgiving, came home and surprise! We found out it was time for our Penelope to lay an egg sac. We were referred here by a friend and hope to find someone in the greater Los Angeles area to help our Penny's babies - we don't want to "get rid of the sac" .... so we're hoping to find someone that wants the little ones / knows what they're doing with the whole breeding thing.

Other than that, we think she's great and generally leave her to do her own thing. We admire her, but don't bother her much as her fangs are QUITE intimidating.

SuperScorpion

Arachnopeon
Howdy!!!

I'm a girl originally from Texas, now living in Minnesota. Always loved scorpions (even back when I always had to check my shoes n' stuff!). Even had a couple Centruroides vittatus (Common striped scorpion) when I was a teenager. Only had 'em a little over a year before my mother got rid of them. Fed them gut loaded roaches! ;P Anyways, I finally got around to getting myself a couple more scorpions. Only this time I got pandinus imperator. Long since flew the nest, so I don't have to worry about anyone disposing of my cuties!! :)
Well, talk with y'all later!

Jaydon

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I'm Jaydon, I'm 27 and I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I purchased my first T a little over a year ago, and now own 3 of them. I'm a software engineer, writer, and I also run a haunted attraction.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all,
Jason here, 28, long walks on the beach with tarballs and broken glass...

Fredrik_m

Arachnopeon
Hallo!

My name is Fredrik, i am 24 year old.
Live in Sweden and i am intressed of roches,frogs and reptiles.

Over and out!:D

Regarts Fredrik

stealth15psi

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Kris

I've been lurking these forums for a couple of years and figured it was time to creep out of the shadows and join the discussions.

brille

Arachnopeon
Im Mel, Im from Northern Ireland. I mainly keep various reptiles, but have been steadily getting more into inverts and have had the odd mantis or roach. Now I have one mantis and 7 millies of varying species. Id love a tarantula but not while Im living with my folks unfortunately :(

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everyone, found this site recently and it seemed like you guys (and girls) know what you're talking about so i decided to join up. I currently have 2 emperor scorps and in the near future am planning on getting a H. arizoneis (sp?) scorpion and a G. rosea tarantula. Before I dive in I was wondering if anyone knew of any good care sheets for both species, I like to know what I'm doing before I go get the inverts. Thanks guys

-Erick

Verbal_Assassin

Arachnopeon
Hey all....

My name is Briget and I am the proud Mama to a beautiful Chilean Rosehair. Not sure if it's male or female...but hoping female due to lifespan. I reffer to her as a 'she' and her name is Charlotte. She has shed once, and I have had her about 7-8 months. She's about 3 inches (body only). VERY mild tempered, loves interaction and is receptive to touch. Not handled too often out of respect to her environment and natural instinct, but when she is interacted with....it's always positive.

I own a wide array of pets, but am never to afraid to ask a question or research to find the answer to any concern I may have. I am still learning, and believe that if anyone decides to own ANY pet no matter the kind, should take the time to research and educate themselves on proper care and environment. These are not pets....or like 'fly-by' friends, they become part of your family and depend on YOU for survival.

Love them and love WHOLE heartedly...or own a pet rock.

More about me??....

http://www.myspace.com/verbal__assassin

dthbhk

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who I am

I'm from BC and am looking into breeding right now I'm trying to breed rose hairs and am looking for a female emp to breed I own a few different species of animals I'm all for outside info I'm learning still only been at it a year

_LuPa_

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!

I'm from Brazil, I'm 19 years old and iI study biology at the unniversity,

I have few spiders, but I'm starting now...

I have a L. itabunae, P. ornata, 2 V. longisternalis, V. sorocabae and L. parahybana...

see ya :rolleyes:

ryan88

Arachnopeon
Hello to eveyone.
My name is ryan and I'm from the philippines. Not new to this board, but this is my first time to post.
Still new to the hobby about 1 year.
This are just a few inverts under my wing:
G. rosea, C. huahini, B. smithi, C. cyanopubescens, C. exilicauda, I. maculatus, H. spinifer, P. imperator, V. spinigerus, H. hottentotta. I'm still looking for other scorpions to add for my collection.

Just recently my H.hottentotta and spinifer just gave birth and I was so thrilled seeing them.

Thanks Guys/girls

LadyNai

Arachnopeon
I'm Naomi.

*waves to all*

I'm a 27 year old Outdoor Environmental Educator/Naturalist at a YMCA camp -- we teach school kids, many are city kids -- science and challenge courses... They call me turtle girl but I'm also the bug girl!

I don't have any inverts right now, but come spring I'll have more. We do have Death's Head moths here though which is considered pretty cool!

Incidentally I do keep millipedes frequently -- they're my favorites to keep.

Cockroach_PL

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone

Hey everyone =)

I'm Kuba and I'm from Poland. I've been interested in spiders for like 2 years... I usualy read polish boards to get useful information about theese beautiful animals, but some time ago I've started looking throug this board. I hope I will be able to help someone here, and you will help me =)