Introduce Yourself

Jackal6666666

Arachnopeon
Hello All

Well I just bought my first T. A Grammostola aureostriata - Chaco Golden Knees from Ken. Should have it by Friday. My son (12) and I are looking forward to caring for our new friend. Great site, great info.

sdavids6

Arachnopeon

Hey Everyone,

My name is Shane and I go to university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I recently bought a spiderling mexican red knee (brachypelma smithi) and I think it is getting ready to molt. it is about 1/2" big right now.

thingsthatbugyo

Arachnopeon
new here

A little about us.
We are located in Michigan. We have had roaches for several years now. We have 5 different types of breeding colonies. We plan to expand to have everybodies needs. We have various types of reptiles, from roaches to snakes to turtles to lizards. We decided to do roach colonies after spending time dealing with crickets for the critters.

Bak

Arachnopeon
Hello going to get my first scolopendra subspinipes sometime soon.
This place is great!

binky

Arachnopeon
Hi - I'm new :)

I don't have any spiders yet, but I've been researching them voraciously for about 6 months and hope to pick up my first rosie this weekend! :)

I'm also eagerly awaiting my preorder of Tarantula Keepers Guide (as I'm sure a lot of you are!)

hmm what else... I love all things star trek (except Enterprise) and Xena :)

ExoticMangos

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I live in canton Michigan. Names Matt, i live with my girlfriend Serene and we started collecting Ts together a bit back, weve got a decent collection of 16 Ts still getting into the hobby and always looking to expand, any T lovers out there in our area that wanna trade sell would be great to discover.

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I'm Vince, 17 from the Philippines I first started this hobby with small orb weavers when I was like 7 years old then moved on to bigger pets like T's and I'm planning to keep snakes and other exotic pets soon :D

I got my 1st T on the October of 2007, A B.Vagans that turned out male :(
then continued from there.

Acanthoscurria Geniculata
Brachypelma Vagans
Brachypelma Boehmei
Brachypelma Smithi
Haplopelma Lividum
Grammostola Aureostratia

Heterometrus Spinifer x2

I'm still not that calm when it comes to my Cobalt Blue though, it takes me about an hour of hesitation before prodding her to run onto my hand so i can put her back into her cage. She likes climbing on my paintbrush so she helps herself out when I clean her cage. :D

hydraulics

Arachnopeon
Hi, this is my first post. I am into huntsmans, (Sparassidae), fishing spiders, (pisauridae), and selenops, (Selenopidae). Would like to find and breed species from malaysia, SE Asia, Borneo, and Australia if possible. Guess I am just dreaming though.

vmax29

Arachnopeon
Hello, Trying to learn all I can about myriapods and get into this as a hobby. Really like some the tarantulas I see on here. I guess this is how it starts. There's no turning back now.
--
Sean
Central NJ

0823angeles

Arachnopeon
Arachnaphobia!!??

hello everyone. Well this is my first post so I hope that message on top of my page reminding me that I am new will go away. I'm getting back into arachs after 2 years of not having them. Thought it would be nice caring for an invert for a change with the dart frogs, panther chameleons, and reef tanks, I think this will be fun and also addicting. And lastly who would of thought that coming back to this genre of creatures I got a Versicolor and a GBB oh and a free N. Chromatus. Although the versicolor sadly has both pedipalps gone and 2 missing legs so it has 3 appendages on each side. Crossing my fingers that they grow back fast. Enough said I'm glad to be part of this knowledgable group of the ArachnoCLAN.

-Angeles:cool:

rejected1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello there arachnopeople.

I am from Malaysia. Am new here and just saw this thread, thought it would be polite to introduce myself.

I've just started raring tarantulas in January. I have told myself times and times to get just one T but I end up having 12 within 2 months and 4 more on the way. I bet all of you are like me too. ;P It is so addictive. That everytime I come across a new spp. I feel like having one.

Anyway, I hope to learn lots of stuffs about Ts and most importantly, have a huge collection of Ts like some of you here (noticably; anastasia). {D

SHARP83

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello my partner and i are from Mackay Nth QLD in Australia..we recently became the proud owners of a Tarantula called "Princess".... it was an unwanted pet!!(how sad hey)..so we are now its new mum and dad....we have no idea what kind it is..but im sure now that we have found this place we will soon know exactly what we have....we look forward to learning as much as we can....
Also ...today we ...HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!...although this one...is bigger and darker and hairier....and it decided to come into our house all by itself and was found on the floor just outside our bedroom....funny thing is....we had never seen one in our area other than the one we had given to us ....so the plot thickens....did our "Princess" summons this new one?....Where did it come from?
How come in all my 20yrs of living in this town have i never seen one in the wild?...yet this morning .......one just arrived....Bizzare!!!
We think our "princess" is maybe a Selenotypus of some sort!!
Will post some pics for ID as soon as i find my USB cord!!
Cheers folks.....We look forward to meeting and chatting to you all!!
Life is about Learning!!!....and Where here to learn!!

BiologicalJewels

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello all,

I hope to get off on the right foot here, My name is Oscar and I have recently begun collecting.

I currently own both, true spiders and tarantulas as well as other mygalomorphae and various arachnids.

Though I personally like True spiders, tarantulas are fast becoming a staple of my collection.

Hope to get to know some of you here, and I'll be sure to post some pics.

I'm located in San Gabriel Cali if any of you are near give me a shout!

kalvaer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi All.

I'm another one of those arachnophobic people who would run away screaming with my preverbial tail between my legs at the slightest mention of the word spider.

About a month ago I got home and my wife was busy on her PC on a conference call. I decided to head to the bedroom and watch some TV, and was greeted by one of the biggest huntsmans spiders I had ever seen, sitting on the insdie of my bedroom window. I knew I couldn't call my wife, and also thought she would never believe me, So I rushed off to get the camera to take some photo's for when she was done.

Next thing I knew I was about 5 cm away from it and snapping away. Well, as so many others have said, the bug bit. I started researching more about spiders and read that the best way to get over your fear is to confront them. So I have done just that.

I contacted ICM (also on this site I believe) and I got myself two little slings, B. vagans and G. rosea. This weekend here in SA was a reptile and exotic pet show, so I ended up buying 3 x H. Incei slings who are in a tiny colonial setup.

Sometimes I still think I have gone insane, but I am really enjoying learning more and finding out as much as I can about the "little" critters

ykawasumi

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone :),

Its nice to be on such a nice forum.

I'm still way new to this hobby, I went to the expo in Hamburg this weekend and came home with a Emperor Scorpion :).

So I'm here, there and all over the net looking for more resources and information so my little friend can be well looked after :).

Currently I'm in the process of setting up the tank and getting it to the right standards. If all goes well I'll be switching to a false bottom set up, along with a better heating and humidity measures today as well.

Anyway "Hi."

See you guys around,

-Yoshi

razorback182

Arachnopeon
Greetings! My name's Terry, 28 years old and a physician. I bought my spiderling 2 weeks ago. It's my first foray into invertebrates, having kept fishes exclusively before. I've been reading threads old and new for the past days, and the wealth of info in this site is staggering. I hope to become a contributor to the threads soon.

lorelei_rhine

Arachnopeon
I'm Lorelei and finally bought the pet I wanted as a kid and my parents wouldn't let me. I have 3 boys (9 - 11 - 13) and have been with my hubby 19 years. I joined this site in hopes of finally being able to identify Aragog's species. I was googling pics (again) to try to find a similar spider and saw a pic that looked close (new world and worldwide posters, top row, second in from left).

No, we do not handle him very often. Especially right after he's molted --- he's pissy right now;-)