Introduce Yourself

Sparky1977

Arachnopeon
Hello All

Hi There,

I am from Southampton and got my first T a few years back, she is a Chili Rose, quite placid and can be friendly enough to handle at times.
Last year i got a Cobalt Blue, amazing to look at but has rather psychotic tendancies... :-/.
I am here just to learn new things as i am planning to grow my collection in the not too distant future!

I have the bug :-D

Bye For Now

nasty bugger

Arachnopeon
Howdy, or what's up

Hey, my name is wes, and I just got a aphonopelma paysoni, about an inch to an inch and a half legspan, a couple weeks ago.
I also have chinese prey mantis', about 18 of them, soon to put most out in the wild, after I get some ooths. I hatched them out in early December, and most are just about adult now.

I am a joker, alot of the time, so if there's any doubt, I'm probably jokin' with ya {D

I'm about into the compost stage of life, about to go into the dirt stage, then older than dirt won't be far behind. Was still young, till I got injured and now I know the limitations that life has, unfortunately. I will always miss the 'nothing keeps me down' thing, and I won't stop trying to get back to it:cool:

My goal is to find a nice piece of land and get a totally self sustaining polyculture happening, so I can support myself for most of the rest of my life, and leave it to family. With the new depression coming on, it's looking like the best option :)
My grade school teacher said it was the farmers that lived well in the depression, cause as long as you have food you'll get through it all.

I will be trying to raise my own feeders for all my pets, so space and knowledge is something I'll need.

I was looking for roaches and the fella I was talking to about them said this is about the best spider forum to come to, so here I am.

I live in AZ so the Payson spider, from an area about 100 miles from me, seemed like a good choice, since they said it's friendly and can be handled and were just a bit warmer down here in the phoenix area. I've handled him a couple times and he seems cool, but it still cautious.
I like the fact that he isn't aggresive toward me, but I am wanting some of the more colorful varieties, like A. versicolor and maybe some of the baboon, like a starburst, and the blue bottle green, and a cobalt maybe, and ..........

I like the color, and I would like some I can handle occasionally, but don't need to handle them all. I am aware of the reputation of ornamentals, and baboons(if they're not the same) and know not to really handle them.

I am going to try to make it to the reptile show in Mesa AZ this weekend, so I am seeking knowledge on what to look for, and what to look out for in a healthy and happy tarantula, especially one I'd find at a show.
The fact that my payson tarantula is so cool has me in a good frame of mind about them, but I do know that caution is needed for other varieties.
Having the mantis' be so friendly when I handle them has also got me in a good mind for handling the beasts, but yes, caution. You will probably not hear from me for a while, and then read that I died of toxic reaction to a bite... alas, what is life without a thrill :}

I read most of the handling post for beginers last night.
I am back to reading more of the newbie post after this introduction. There's alot of stuff to that newbie post, if you read it all.

Now that I've shared entirely too much about myself, I bid you adeui, or however it's spelled.

a1_collection

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is Alex. I am part of the Southern California Arachnid, Bug, Invertebrate, Entomological Society (S.C.A.B.I.E.S.) as some of you whom I recognise here may know. I am 15 and my interests as of current are mostly Insects. I plan to move onto arachnids when I have some space in the garage area my dad has partitioned for me.

ThyTempest

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

I have been lurking on the boards for a while, but decided to jump in. I live in Lansing, MI and I am currently a sophomore majoring in Zoology at Michigan State. My current collection is

0.1 Normal Ball Python
1.1 BCI Het Kahl Albino RTB's
1.1 Blizzard Cornsnakes
0.0.1 Crested gecko
0.0.1 G. Rosea
1.1 Little dogs + 1 of their puppies
0.3 cats
5.6 Breeder rats
1.2 Breeder ASF's

~Austin

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whats crackin spider world

My name is Matty. I love tarantulas and own 14 currently lookin to expand my collection of arboreals. I have some terrestials im looking to get rid of email me for details.:clap:

12345matt54321

Arachnopeon
Hey guys im Matt. Im new to this board and to Ts. Ive been on arachnophiles for a little bit now but I thought I would join here aswell.
I hope to be getting my first 2 Ts in March at the Reptile Show. Heres the Ts im looking into:

1. Lasiodora parahybana (Brazilian Salmon Pink Tarantula)
2. Grammostola aureostriata (Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula)
3. Grammostola rosea (Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula)
4. Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red Knee Tarantula)
5. Brachypelma albopilosum (Curly Hair Tarantula)

Talk to you later :)
-Matt

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello Out there My name is Jesse I am 29 yrs old I live in spokand WA and I keep scorps and have kept a T when I was younger am interested in a variety of invertabrate creatures including centipeds and cephlopods

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello everyone my name is Louis. I'm very new to the arachnid hobby. I've been pretty interested in tarantulas for a little while now and been looking around to get my first one. I really like Brachypelma smithi. And I've heard there a great beginner tarantula so I may be looking for one very soon if I can afford it lol. Hoping to learn a lot here. thanks for your time everyone!

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
new to board

Hello
My name is john and i am fairly new to the T collecting,and just purchased my first spiderling a few days ago.It is a mexican red knee and is .75 inches,so i will be able to enjoy watching it grow.I also have two snakes,one being a ball python and the other a dumerils boa.Anyways,Just wanted to say hi.

Dr.Frankenstein

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just joined the board...new to having tarantulas and all ready addicted

Acanthogonatus francki
Avicularia avicularia
Grammostola aureostriata
Pterinochilus murinus
Nhandu chromatus
Grammostola rosea...
Holothele Sp. Tachira

buglette

Arachnopeon
I dont know what im supposed to be doing here but my computer srongly suggested i come here and introduce myself to you guys so here goes, and, be forgiving. Hi! My name is Alison and im an Arachnahloic....

ofc27

Arachnopeon
Helo anyone my name is Paul :) and i'm addicted

Brachypelma vagans 0,2,0 L11,L10
Ephebopus murinus 0,1,0 L8
Haplopelma lividum 0,1,0 L6
Heteroscodra maculata 1,1,0 L9,L7
Ephebopus cyanognathus 0,1,0 L7
Grammmostola rosea 0,1,0 L6
Poecilotheria ornata 0,0,2 L5
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis 0,0,1 L4
Pterinochilus murinus "usambara" L3
Poecilotheria rufilata 0,0,4 L2 x 3,L8-9
Brachypelma albopilosum 0,0,6 L3, L4 x 5

Wendi

Arachnopeon
Just joined the board...new to having tarantulas and all ready addicted

Acanthogonatus francki
Avicularia avicularia
Grammostola aureostriata
Pterinochilus murinus
Nhandu chromatus
Grammostola rosea...
Holothele Sp. Tachira
All of this is my fault :)
We also have a A. versicolor sling that Corey forgot to list!

thank you all for all the wonderful information on this site!

delayedinsanity

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody, I'm Mark. Me and my wife just moved back up to Canada from Las Vegas where we temporarily had an unidentified black tarantula we caught outside a burger king there, but eventually let go believing it may have been a younger male. We just recently got a new grammostola rosea and have been trying to help it feel at home here with us, but I still have a lot to learn so here I am.

nickulas

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Nick I'm 27 years old and I'm from the Philippines.
I have 4 t's Brachypelma Smithi Brachypelma Boehmi P. Murinus and Acanthoscurria Suina.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Again

My name is Diane. I was a member of this forum as (Diane S)a few years ago when i had quite a nice collection of Ts. I've had to drop off the map for a while and recover from difficult situations and now I'm back. I've been just quietly observing which is mostly all I'll probably do. My collection of Ts is not what it use to be with only 19 left out of over 100. I really missed being apart of this community, it's good to see it going strong as ever.

Natasha's Mom

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello there,

I have just gotten a chilean rose-haired tarantula and named her Natasha for my fiance. He did a lot of research and wanted this one. I am totally terrified of spiders of all kinds but have been slowly working to where I can have her walk across my hand now. but I am still jumpy bout her. Would be happy to have any suggestions on how not to be so jumpy around her and not make her nervous.

Thanks,
Natasha's Mom

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello
Hello there,

I have just gotten a chilean rose-haired tarantula and named her Natasha for my fiance. He did a lot of research and wanted this one. I am totally terrified of spiders of all kinds but have been slowly working to where I can have her walk across my hand now. but I am still jumpy bout her. Would be happy to have any suggestions on how not to be so jumpy around her and not make her nervous.

Thanks,
Natasha's Mom
knowlage is the key. :)

Razzy26

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is Razzy. I of course am new here like all the other newbs.

All my information is on my profile as far as what animals and ts I have and whatnot.

I am looking forward though to becoming a more knowledgeable tarantula owner as the years progress. currently, I have 2 ts. a rose hair, and an oklahoma brown. i also have a wolf spider.

lpifer24

Arachnopeon
thanks for saying happy birthday

Hello Everyone!

I am a mom of 3 and grandma of 3! I have 2 parrots and 1 German Shephard, and 1 Rose Hair Tarantula that I acquired because someone had to move. I want to tell everyone thank you for telling me happy birthday!

I love this site!

Thanks

Leann Pifer
The Colony, Tx