Introduce Yourself

Pengle

Arachnopeon
introduction

I got my first T about 25 years ago, it was wild caught when I lived in CO. My kids found it fascinating, we kept it a few weeks and then released it where we found it.

About 5 years ago I started collecting them. While I don't breed them, what I like to do is raise slings.......every winter I get a few, raise them a year then sell them to breeders the following year. I keep my favorites of course. This has given me the change to raise slings with out having to have hundreds at a time! HA!

Thanks
Pengle

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lets see here. I got my first T at about 16, a Brachypelma smithi it was a great pet very docile, very easy to handle. But alas it was in a small pet carrier and the cats found it very fascinating, they knocked the carrier off the shelf and more or less played with it to death. I just now got back into the hobby (10 years later) I started off with a Grammostola rosea and just recently acquired an Avicularia avicularia. I am already looking at more T's maybe another B. smithi.

Its amazing how such small creepy crawly things can capture your interest so. I am looking forward to the rewards of owning many T's.

Nathan

Pigeon Keeper

Arachnopeon
MO Inverts

We have a small invert supply website. In SW Missouri. We have some scorpions, roaches and other feeder insects. We currently dont have tarantulas. I dont care for the T's as much. Although I have had them before. We supply inverts to many of the local pet stores in the area.
NOTE: We dont have a store nor a business. Just to clarify.

MilesMilitis

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I've been lurking here for a few months, thought it time to finally sign up. I've had scorps for several months now and thanks to all the information on this forum they are thriving. I am sure I'll be on here pretty often.

Alfredo117

Arachnopeon
hey tyler here new to this site but have had my indian and Red slate ornamental for about 1 years and will be getting a OBT next week

Other then that iam 21 from Rapid City SD full time student and working part time

Sumias

Arachnopeon
Hallo!

Next on our tour is the ever elusive L.

Ls are native to the southern-most areas of the U.S., though on rare occasions, you may find one shivering in the cold in the Baltimore region.

Remarkably skittish and shy, these strange female creatures are often seen perpetually wearing headphones and listening to vast quanities of... well, Vast.

Lovers of chocolatus puddina, this species may not exactly be attractive to look at, but is often capable of antics that make most passer-bys laugh.

Remarkably proficient in the 'imagination' department, Ls generally do not require many toys or outside methods of keeping themselves amused.

This particular specimen has not yet acquired a companion of the eight-legged variety, as it's monetary status leaves a bit to be desired. However, this situation will hopefully be rectified in the very near future.

Now, if you'll proceed to look to your left at the next specimen on our tour..

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am new to this forum and can't wait to gain some knowledge of some creature, and hope eventually I can help others out.

What brings me here is that I just got my first invert, a emperor scorpion, and so for I love it.

centime

Arachnopeon
I am so glad to have found your great forum. I am fond of all arachnids, although I am mainly a spider person. My favorite are the salticids.

I have a very small collection of spiders - three S. scenicus and one that I haven't ID'd yet who recently became a mama - as well as an enormous abundance of all kinds of spiders living in and around my apartment. I also have four cats, which I have trained to leave spiders alone (and they do, amazingly - at least when I am looking). I would love to have a phiddipus adumbratus.

I live in Seattle, Washington and work as a deaf interpreter. Living in an apartment severely limits the number and type of pets I can keep, but if I lived somewhere that I could have what I wanted, I would have a veritable zoo.

I hope you will be patient with me, as I am really pretty ignorant about spiders, :8o except for what I have learned from observing mine and what I have picked up here and there online.

But that is why I am here; I want to educate myself so that I can better care for the spiders I have, as well as identifying the myriad spiders in my home. I am amazed at the knowledge I have seen here just in my couple of days of reading posts.

So thanks in advance for all the help, and I will try not to be quite so loquacious in the future ;)

centime

m3z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, My name is matt and i love my spiders i have 14 in my collection now and on the serch for some males for my females. I live in Wyoming where it is cold as...... and well you can figure out the rest :)

Teeny

Arachnopeon
Hiya, i am new here. i am from the sunny U.K I am realatively new to tarantula keeping and have a B.Smithi, G.Aureostriata and L.Parahybana sling atm but have a G. Rosea, a.Seemani, B.Vagans and B.Emilia on thier way. I am looking forward to talking T with you guys:)

HorrorPhD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello folks!

My name is Jen, and I've been a T keeper now officially since October of last year (just found these boards a couple weeks ago). I've been a long time spider enthusiast, going back about 20 years or so, but was never allowed (by parents, significant others or roommates) to have Ts until recently.

My fiance and I currently have 8 Ts, and are looking forward to getting more once we move into a bigger house and can devote more room to them.

I'm also a Licensed Veterinary Technician, so I have a great deal of experience with other animals as well, and my focus has always been on the "exotics." In addition to the Ts, we also have a dog, cats and ferrets.

Looking forward to joining the discussions!:D

shrub1972

Arachnopeon
Happy to be here!

Hello Everybody,

I am a newbie to AB and I have recently purchased a Grammostola aureostriata sling, a Catumiri sling (freebie), and a Lasiodora parahybana. I would like to thank everybody at AB for providing great insight (indirectly) into my choices of spiders. It will be a great journey.

pathill

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

I am Andrew and I am from Australia, am new to the boards. :)

Before I head off to start posting here, i'd like to introduce myself first and say 'hi' here. It seems like a fun boards, so see you around people!

Cheers!

SylverTear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy

Hey everyone :). My name is Brad. I finally registered so I can post questions and responses now. I guess I'll put a little about me.

My partner and I got our first T, an A. Avicularia, about 2 months ago. A month later we got a G. Rosea. Earlier today (2 weeks later) we got 4 slings in the mail from www.petcenterusa.net. (I posted his link because the prices seemed very good and all 4 arrived perfectly intact and the heat paks were still nice and warm)

If you can't tell, we're addicted (and I thought Tattoos were bad!!{D ).

We both have been reading various articles from these boards as we were researching each time we wanted a new T. All the information has been extremely helpful and I figured it was about time I joined. He registered today too lol.

I can't wait to get the pictures up so you guys can see our babies.

Oh the four we got today are as follows:
A. Purpurea (Purple Pink Toe)
A. Versicolor (Antilles Pink Toe)
C. Fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump)
N. Chromatus (Brazilian Red and White which we got for free)

I swear it was like christmas morning when USPS knocked on the door. :p

Thanks all :D

misterguitar919

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is Christopher. I got started when a good friend of mine got a job that had a bunch of tarrantulas and I asked to come over and see them. She got into it and has helped me out greatly by assisting with my aquisition of the three spiders I have now. I owe her! I have really come to appreciate these creatures for both their aesthetic beauty, and the little personalities they seem to have. I look forward to learning more about them and watching mine grow!:cool:

buteo_12701

Arachnopeon

Hi im a newbie to this forum. My Gf has handled many tarantualas and we just now bought a rose haired. We are looking for a spiderling of brazilian salmon pink birdeater.

-b

°SweetGeni°

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody.^^
I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself:
My name is Sandra and I'm from Germany. I'm 20 years old and I've got 3 spiders: Grammostola rosea, Acanthoscurria geniculata and a Linothele fallax.^^
I love my spiders.<3{D

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello

Hi everyone, My name is Scott, I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I have been a reptile keeper for 20+ years and Just picked up my first T, a juvenile Avic avic. I have always had a fear of spiders in general, so what better way to get over it than have a T as a pet?

RUSTYCAGE

Arachnopeon
G'day!

hey all, great site,forums and people! love all the great quaility pix of every ones pets!!! so here's my little friends....

cheers...RUSTYCAGE

Pokelover22

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboards Members!

Hello Arachnoboards. My name is Pokelover22 because of my love of Pokemon but I joined this site mainly because of CENTIPEDES,THAT'S RIGHT,I LOVE CENTIPEDES! My personal fave pede is drumroll please (drumroll) SCOLOPENDRA GIGANTEA in other words, THE DREADED PERUVIAN GIANT CENTIPEDE! And I'm excited if there's other Pokefans on these boards, I'm also excited for the release of Pokemon Platinum. That's Mainly Me! Goodbye.

Sincerely,
Pokelover22

Last edited: