Introduce Yourself

desert rat

Arachnopeon
Greetings from the dusty borderland

Howzit? New kid in town here. Interested mainly in Triatoma (bloodsucking) varieties of assassin or Western Conenose bugs (T. Protracta, T. Rubida, etc.) native to AZ, NM, TX. Will pay $$ for live specimens in good condition. I'm in Las Cruces NM. Happy hunting!

nexen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello

34 year old new inductee to the hobby here. I'm in Austin, TX.
Two Ts so far - a male and female G.Rosea. One grey, one rose colored.

LadyPharaoh

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New to hobby

Hi all,

I've been lurking/learning for a while and just got the green light to start posting.

I'm the proud new owner of a G. Rosea - went to the pet store to look at fish and left with my Rosie instead. She's been with me for a week and is settling in nicely.

Look forward to learning more from the boards.

Cheers!

themoirai

Arachnopeon
Critter Girl Checkin' In

Hello everyone..... It feels strange to be here - but since I seem to be acquiring a bit of a rep as a "Wednesday" (no really - that's become my nickname due to all of my um- "exotic" pets - ya know - from Addam's Family?) I figured it was time to join up. :) I have a ball python, a beardie, two cats - and last but certainly not least - 3 spiders. I have a brazilian zebra, a curly hair (I don't care what they say.... She really IS beautiful) and I've recently acquired a salmon pink bird eater. She is still in the sling stage - and I swear "she" is going to be the death of me. I raised my curly hair from a spiderling and never had a single concern. Not one. The bird eater? I've never had such a delicate lil' thing and it drives me nuts. I can't tell you how many crickets I've had to kill because "she" dosen't have the gumption to do it herself. Anyway, I figured it was time to talk to some other spiderholics when I developed the weird urge to talk to the lil' things. lol I really do. And, maybe I'm weird - but I still think their "cute". If that makes me "Wednesday" - so be it. lol Nice to meet you all!

CinderSmoke

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody! My name is Sara, and I'm an alcoholic.... WHOOPS! Wrong forum! LOL....
Seriously, I'm new here, but not to T's. I currently own 3 T's:
Veronica, 6" female Cobalt Blue. Have had her for 7 years.
Inola, Brazillian Salmon "sling". Have had him/her since late June (2008)
Evilyn, 3"? female? OBT. Just brought her home two days ago.
I'm looking forward to absorbing and sharing information and stories!

ob1knabe

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Rich and I'm addicted to tarantulas. I got my first T a little over a year ago and now I have 11 with two more (maybe three) on the way this week. I've been reading here for about a year, so I guess it's about time for that first post.

JohnNLV

Arachnopeon
Sup Everybody!

santa tarantula.jpg My name is John, I live in Las Vegas and have kept T's for many years. I currently have around 30 different T's from all over the world. My latest will arrive on friday, a Singapore Blue and I'm pretty stoked about it. Looking to enjoy the forum, thanx.

JohnNLV

darkuncle33

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi all! I have had a T for 18 years G Rosea. Now I have 3 L Parahybana sling, 1 B Smithi sling, 1 B Vagans sling.
I am hopping to get my 2 of my L Parahybanas sexed soon I posted pics I think they are females :?

Ant4755

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Back

I haven't been around in awhile and just wanted to say hello and maybe get reacquainted with some people.

Jay Sav

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Jay and have been studying spiders and insects since I was a youngin. I am particularily fond of latrodectus sp and have been looking after them for a few years now. It's good to see a gang of folks with the same interests. I always felt like I was the only one.

chris_vegas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello my names Chris, got into spiders as a way to overcome my fear of them...then became obsessed. Have had a couple of L. Geometricus in the past....and I'd really like to find other places in Ontario, Canada to find/buy Latrodectus and other spiders.

jefferson

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello there everyone i just joined this community of fellow tarantula lovers and so far im enjoying it i have 1 rose hair tarantula and i think a texas brown tarantula spiderling, i actually found the spiderling today while walking around im gonna try to put some pic's up soon, ah well back to me, im 19 and a nerd i just got into tarantulas about a year ago and i love them, i used to have arachnophobia until someone offered me a free tarantula( the rose hair) i did a lot of research and decided id like to have it and found out that spiders aren't scary at all if you know what your doing

Morganlumer

Arachnopeon
heloo everyone!

I notice this is mainly an American Website....

Well im from good ol' blighty- a Londoner born and bred..... Just got into Ts- bought a G Rosea a few weeks back.... Research suggests that they are easiest to keep......I don't think so! Anyway as I collect more i'll be asking members of this site for advice.
Anyhoo this forum was one of my greatest points of research before joining the hobby- Hope everyones doing well.

Peace.

gospeltalker74

Arachnopeon
Greetings and Salutations

Howdy Y'all!

I'm Lin, 19 yrs old, live in So. Cal. I don't own a t. yet because my mother would kill it and me :( Perhaps when I get my own pad. I once held a pink toe in a pet store and fell in love with the lil buggers.

I found this place trying to figure out what kind of spider/tarantula my friend found the other day. I have seen some lovely t's on here and am soaking in all this new information.

Drop me a line,
Lin

James 1:2-4

Wickedreptile

Arachnopeon
Nice to meet you all

Hello, I am Crystal From Soringfield,MA I have been studying Ts for a while now I don;t have a big collection like i used to have years agao But i am working on that again. I have just two Ts A rose hair and and a pink toe
I am glade i found a place i can talk about them

AgentJared

Arachnopeon
whats up

Hey everybody my names Jared and im 20 years old. I currently only have a Haitian Brown and a Desert Hairy but i hope to get more soon! I go to school full time and live only about an hour from LA so hit me up if your in the area and we can be friends!:)

squinn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey all, I'm steve came here to learn a bit more about t's i'm at the uncomfortable part of the hobby where I am getting into some of the rarer, possibly more difficult to keep species beyond rosehairs and pinktoes. Looking forward to absorbing as much info as I can from those who have been working with T's much longer than I have. I'm much more a snake and lizard breeder than a T keeper so I have a lot to learn.

Spartan1324

Arachnopeon
Hello there

Hello everyone,

My name is Sam, and I own 3 rose hairs. I originaly only had 2 and one was gave to me by a close friend who left to the Army. Iv always wanted to own a T, but my dad being arachnophobic didn't help my cause much lol. But now im on my own and am a first time 7 month long owner now. And i have already found a ton of info here on rose hairs.

macspoison

Arachnopeon
Hello..

Well hi, I'm a newbie in the kinda/sorta way. I found this by a member who was helping me with my termite culture on Talk to the frog. I am mostly into amphibians but ever since I met Paco from Reptile & Arachnokulture, years ago, I have had an interest in the hobby. Paco may be out of it but I'm still dipping the toes in it a bit.

So, I hope to learn a bunch and thanks!
Mac