Introduce Yourself

milliesmummy

Arachnopeon
Hi

Im Diana, hoping to get my first tarantula on saturday!! a chile rose i think :)

I already have a baby corn snake called Gobi.

ZamWiesel

Arachnopeon
Hello.

My name is also Michael. My mom and step dad (jb7741) got me my first T as a present. I'm new to T's but not to spiders. I've loved playing with and feeding spiders ever since I was a kid and have always wanted a T. I currently have a Chilean Rose Tarantula. Not sure yet whether it's a male or female yet. Either way I've named him\her Chewbacca James. I have a few videos of Chewy and other random stuff posted on my youtube. That's about it for now.:D

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello from the Rock-n-roll capital of Cleveland, Ohio.

My name is Keith. I have three kids and one grandkid. I also have two grandkids from my girlfriends side too. I love them all like they are mine anyway. I play guitar, a Fender 1957-2007 Commemorative Stratocaster. I play in the style of Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton,and Tom Bukovac. I have been car-free my entire life. I ride a Trek 730 multiTrack bike daily and I have a Kona Eighty-Eight bicycle for my sunday cruiser. I have taken care of Tarantulas for over twenty years now. I have been out of the loop for about a year now. Today my girlfriend Candy and I were at a local pet store when they just got in an Asian Bird-Eater. I was awestruck. I had a Goliath before and really missed having a T so Candy bought it and a complete Exo-Terra set up. Today is a good day. I suffer from depression and severe anxiety attacks so I may come on here during some of my peak depression times. My other interests are in fountain pens and knives. So if any of them interest you hit me up and we will chat.

trippdogg

Arachnopeon
Hi

I just wanted to say hi to every and let you know I really enjoy this site it has a lot of info, here is a list of tarantulas I have,
cyriopagopus paganus or maybe haplopelma longipes
pterinochilus murinus
poecilotheria regalis

El Viejo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My First Post

Greetings,

I have been raising T's off and on for about the past 40 years. Now I use them mostly at the elementary school where I teach. most of the ones I've owned in the past have been wild-caught, and one I have now is WC. The rest have been purchased here and there. I'm looking forward to posting more on this forum. It is a blast to read & learn from!

Bill

blopid

Arachnopeon
Hey all...

Just wanted to say hi... I have been a spider nut all my life and have kept many different varieties. My most recent is a jumping spider I found in the back yard... I also love insects in general, but the spider is the coolest of them all... Talk to all of you soon...

Peace...

maria081880

Arachnopeon
I've been here for about..a month? Just never got around to introducing myself. My name is Taryn but I prefer Maria obviously. I got my first T about 3 years ago, and I would like to collect more and become a breeder in order to raise some money for personal family reasons. :) That and spiders interest me more than anything. I've actually spent days on end looking at them on the net, and I never feel as if I've wasted my time when I'm finished.

Memento

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Been lurking around these boards for a while, and finally got around to registering...

I'm from Ontario (Canada), and have been keeping/breeding arachnids and other inverts on and off for nearly 20 years, with a particular fondness for amblypygids, uropygids, scorps and tiger beetles (never kept Ts or other spiders though, strangely enough). I've always been curious about pedes as well, but the significant other draws the line at anything with more than 8 legs.

Apart from inverts, I also keep caecilians (I'd call them pet holes, except they usually don't even leave a hole to look at!) and various other amphibians.

When I'm not tending the flock, I'm usually indulging my loves of horror film, old school industrial/punk/goth music, body modification, H.P. Lovecraft and comic books :)

Cheers!

squeekee35

Arachnopeon
Got my first T ever last week. A very beautiful B.Boehmei about 2.5 inches.

In the past I have kept lizards and snakes and frogs. I have had fish and cats and dogs, but I have to say that I think the tarantula is by far the coolest and neatest pet I have ever had. She is very pretty and fun to watch. She has spun a bunch of webbing all over the bottom of her enclosure already. Everyday I wake up and there is more. Webbing is such a major cool factor!

Anyway I am married with two kidz and my husband likes the spider as long as he doesn't have to touch it. my son may one day handle it, but my daughter is completely phobic. Though I did catch her checking out the webbing up close to the cage yesterday....could she be changing her mind? lol.

Currently we are living in Maryland, we moved here for work related reasons. Before we were living in North Idaho. Then we moved to Arizona so I could go to school. Now we live here in MD. :D

nice to be here
--angel

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello all,

Been into inverts since i was a little guy collecting bugs in the back yard. Within the last 6 months i decided to get into the hobby. In the past i have worked with agressive species of reptiles. I have about 10 years experience with the herps. I got my first t and it all went down that slippery slope to obsession. I currently own 10 ts, 1 scorp and a feeder anole that never got eaten.

Juankatak

Arachnopeon
hi!

Hi to all... nice to be here with you guys.
I am new to this hobby... fantastic.

Thanx arc

Buck

Arachnopeon
New from Wisconsin

Hi! I'm David from Wisconsin. I've taken up caring for tarantulas recently and have two so far. A Avicularia versicolor and a Brachypelma smithi. I had a Grammostola rosea a while back but I sold it. My other pets are colubrid snakes of which I have three. I look forward to learning more about my new addition and I hope you all will support me in this.

:2:

Jet

Timmy

Izendacek

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hello, everyone.
My name is Mike Scroggins and I'm from Southern California. I am not new to the world of Ts but might as well be since I just purchased my first T in over 15 years (I have missed them so.. :drool: ). I also keep many types of reptiles. I look forward to being a productive part of this community. Thanks.
Mike

mike4423

Arachnopeon
Hello all

Trying to get the hang of this message board. My name is Mike and I'm new to the hobby. I have a. pink toe and a pink zebra beauty...my first t. was a chilean rose, but i let it out and it and lost site of it....the next day at work i opened up my briefcase and found it smashed between some docs:(

Anyways hello all and i hope i can start a thread with questions now:)

Arachnofang

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!!!

Hi
My name is Ian aka Arachnofang, I've been into spiders for about 2 years and currently have......

one Brazillian Salmon Pink female (proven breeder) :clap:
two Brazillian Salmon Pink males
one Indian Ornamental
one Indian Violet
one Golden Starburst Baboon
one Mexican Fireknee
one Goliath Birdeater
one Pink Toe Goliath Birdeater

I also have my own website www,goliath.350.com which is under constant construction as it is a fairly new site.

As I get used to this forum and start finding my way around you should start seeing a lot more of me :D

Anyway, nice to meet you all, see you later.

Flyingfox

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone!

Hi, I am fairly new to this forum and forums in general, this is the first one I have ever used. I am from Windsor Ontario Canada, and recently purchased an African Flat Rock Scorpion. I have noticed that only the scientific names are used on this site, I have looked at some books, the web and this forum and I want to say that I have a female Hadogenes troglodytes. If anyone can direct me, anywhere so that I can be sure, that would be appreciated.

Attachments

ladysiouxkea

Arachnopeon
First post, hello all!

Hi there,

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the information I have already gotten from this very informative forum. I am a 44-year-old single Grammy who lives in Tampa. I have three grandkids, a great job, dreadlocks, tattoos, piercings, a Harley, and some very cool pets!! I have recently (in the last six months) gotten into Ts. Maybe for the "wrong reason", but it was because of my complete fear of them! Now I love my furry little babies and have to restrain myself from getting more at this time! I have the following:

A. avic
A. versicolor
A. metallica
A. ?????? (was given to me so I'm not really sure)
B. vagans
C. cyaneopubescens
G. rosea
N. chromatus
L. parahybana

I'm hoping they are all females, but can't be sure on a couple of them. The rosehair is a wonderfully docile, beautiful girl who has been instrumental in getting myself and my granddaughter over our fear! She is just great!:worship: These are added to my 4 frogs, 3 snakes, 2 rats, and a tortoise - so I have quite the little family here! My friends and human family all think I'm crazy, but that's cool too! ;) Don't care!! I have a list of about 3-4 other snakes I want and about 10 more Ts then hopefully I can quit for a while! Anyway, HI and thanks again for all the info... I'll be around for a while!!

kimji

Arachnopeon
Hi,
just wanted to introduce myself since i'm more a reader then poster here, my name is Kimji, from the netherlands, living in Germany.
Interests:
Spiders, scorps and our beardagame

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.lincoln.nl/goth%20symbols/banner1.jpg

Blackavar15

Arachnopeon
hello everybody!
My friends have been harranging me forever to join this board. i'm not new to owning or working with T's so don't worry, i'm not a complete idiot :]
my first T was a Brachypelma smithi named Kahn.
i now currently own a male OBT (orange baby tickler) named Bambi
one femal selenobrachys phillipinus
and one B. smithi sling named Killjoy

i'll try to post some pictures whenever i get the chance!