Introduce Yourself

QuacK

Arachnopeon
Hello lads!
My name's Danny. In the past had fishes, a cat, a turtle and a few Extatosoma tiaratum. But I've recently discovered I have quite a passion for tarantulas. I bought a B.albopolosum accidentally a month ago and sicne then I've been re-arranging my place to open space for tanks.
I plan on getting a P.murinus very soon

Spiderik

Arachnopeon
F.n.g.

Yo,

Hello to all, I am new to the board; I started collecting spider about 6 months ago. My interest started with collecting American or North American spiders, I think that is quickly changing because the more I learn... To the best of my understanding thought the reading I have done at this point there are 30 known American tarantulas, I not only want to collect them, but also see them in their natural homes and help their numbers remain strong. I want to further my knowledge and that of other of this incredible animal and protect the environment in witch we (Arachnids and Humans) both live.

Rick

intimidator03

Arachnopeon
Hello all on Arachnoboards, Just thought I would say hello. I have been handling tarantula's for about the last 5 years, Altho I have been raised around them all my life. I would have to thank my mom who refered me here, Debswebs05, whos had tarantula's around me all my life. I currently have 4 Tarantula's at the time being, Two Juvenile Lasiodora Parahybana's, One adolescent Mexican Redknee, and One male Chaco (Grammostola aureostriata)

Thats all I have to say for now. I will be seeing you all around the board in the time to come.
Eric

whatknott

Arachnopeon
New member in PA

Hi - just found this group. I have a traveling petting zoo in SE PA, and also do educational programs. I have had the african giant millipedes for years. I recently had a friend pick up 4 of them at a reptile show. They seemed healthy but have lost 3 of them. I would like to find someone who has some for sale - also some more tips of what to use for substrate as I can't find oak leaves. I currently use reptibark. I saw someone on this group had some for sale in April...

Scorpomaniac

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, Im Neil from India.
I've had a fascination with spiders and scorpions and the like, especially species native to my country.
Currently i have 2 Heterometrus bengalensis,a heterometrus xanthopus, a Mesobuthus tamulus and a Chilobrachys fimbriatus.
I'm in the process of widening my knowledge base and aquiring more of these amazing critters.

Phormictopus C.

Arachnopeon
Hello! I just got 3 slings and I am completely new to this. I use to be creepy out by them but not anymore, because i now find them entrancing. I have 1. Ball Python, 4. Emperor scorpion and 3. slings.

Phantomgrift

Arachnopeon
Well, figure it's high time I at least put up an introductory post if nothing else.
I'm Jason, currently stationed in the Navy at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

My wife and I currently own 9 T's of various types and two cats. She leans more towards the "Oooo... Shiny Spider! Don't Touch!" variety like the OBT Pterinochilus murinus or Haplopelma lividum while I prefer those I can occasionally handle like Avicularia of any sorts and, of course, my plodding Gramastola rosea that kicked it all off a couple of years back.

Coincidently enough, shortly after I found this site, we found that the guy who we purchase a great deal of our spiders from is also floating around on these boards as well. I'll have to double-check as to what his screen-name is the next time we see him.

AmyLu1982

Arachnopeon
Finally got a pic of my G Rosea!

This is Gracie. Since I know you all have seen lots of these guys I won't go on and on, but would like to thank everyone who voted G. Rosea! She's just perfect!

BigBenBaby

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I am originally from NC but now live in NE Tacoma. I just started collecting and now have a C. Crawshayi but I am on the lookout for more.:}

EdStarr

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboards Members

New member here! Big man afraid of little spiders. Yep, I'm scared of spiders so a friend directed me to this site. Maybe by meeting the good folks here I can learn more about spiders. Still afraid but knowledgeable.

Scarlet

Arachnopeon
New Peon needs suggestions.

Hi all,

I'm extremely happy to have stumbled on this board! I'm "that weird girl" with pets no one seems to appreciate, and would love some advice from those of you who work with people to understand the lowly and misunderstood inverts.

I have a wide variety of animals, typical furry ones (Canine, Feline), common scaly (Royal Python, yep, like that better) fad scaly ones (beardies) tiny cute ones, (baby Veiled) and a very sick baby Savanah Monitor.

The newest are my Hissers. I had to cajole and bribe my husband to let me get them! How on earth will I get him to let me have a T? My mother-in-law now says she can't come over because of the Hissers (ok, no real downside to THAT) but my heart of hearts wants one or more Ts!

so, please give me suggestions :) I am hoping to find someone to give me an intact molt so I can at least take it to the schools I will be visiting with my menagerie

thanks!

WildF4u

Arachnopeon

Hello Everyone I finally decided to become an official member after freeloading off all the great information in this community.. I have been a tarantula enthusiat for 2.5 years but it was not until lately that i got my hands on some more tarantulas. I began with a rosie, which passed away. now i have a Brazilian pink and a Salmon.. I just put in a order of 6 new additions including a king baboon and a Chevron that i'm a little hesistant about,

Fernando

Yojimbo1717

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I figured I should probably have done this earlier. I'm Ryan from Sacramento, CA. I now have 2 T's, A. versi and GBB. I love arachnids and could never keep them because of my parents, but I've been on my own for a while (in college) and can pursue the hobby.

Dr Livingston

Arachnopeon
Hey, my name is Scott im 15 and i dont really have a Ph.D. but my greatest ambition is to get one in entomology. i have been facinated by insects since i was a boy and ive been collecting them for almost eight years. i have 10 T's, 7 scorpions and countless others. i also dabble in herps. but bugs will always be first in my heart.

P.S. im looking for assassin bugs at the moment so if you have any or know someone that is selling them i would greatly appreciate it

EmilyK

Arachnopeon
I'm new, too. I just got four b. vagans slings annd a rosie, and boy are they fun! I've loved Ts for a while. I don't know why it took me so long to finally get some. I'm really trying to limit myself to one new animal per payperiod, but I just saw the "always a freebie" page at Swift's, and I don't know how long I'll be able to resist.. I really want more!

CapeChick1228

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone

I am trying to get ahold of Jason Sobek. My son Daniel was helping Jason last fall and was supposed to be his "business partner". They rented a house, etc. My son purchased a flat screen TV so they would have something to do. To make a long story short my son returned home for a couple of weeks and after buying a ticket to go back to PA, Jason never responded about picking Daniel up at the airport. I was out the money for the ticket and Jason Sobek NEVER returned any of our calls or emails trying to get him to return the TV or pay us for it. He also has my son's expensive camera.

My son thought Jason Sobek was a good guy but he has some serious issues including, obviously, not paying for tarantula shipments.

He leaves us no choice but to take matters to court.

Villosa

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm not really a "new" member of AB. I was under the name pogonomyrmex for the longest time but decided to use the same name for all my message boards. Anyway, I'm a big roach freak now...there's just something very interesting about them and I just want to collect ever single one out there... I used to keep all sorts of different insects, mainly native ants and mantids on and off. I'm also a big beetle fanatic, both terrestrial and aquatic. Currently I'm on my way to University of California Davis to study entomology. I've been engaged for almost a year to a very special woman, Wendy; I am truly lucky to have her.

wiseman

Arachnopeon
names Marcin, born in Poland and moved to the states when I was 5. Im 20, a prelaw student at UGA. Recently got my first T ( should be arriving any minute now!) b.bohmei sling :D :D :D: :D :D

rjustice7

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys,

My name is Rob, and I'm 20 years old. I just got into the tarantula thing, and have found myself fascinated...almost...addicted...I have a little B. Albopilosum (curly hair) named Sid who is at this time unsexed. I have a little c. fasciatum (coasta rican tiger rump) who is still unnamed, and very soon I will be getting my G. Aureostriata (Chaco golden knee) that I ordered from Ken the bug guy. I plan on naming him Ed after Edgar Allen Poe...regardless of sex lol.

I plan on getting at least one more T before returning to college, but I'm unsure of what to get...if you have any ideas lemme know. I want something a little above the beginner level...maybe even aggressive. I'm been thinking about an L. Parahybana (brazilian salmon pink)...but I dunno.

-Rob

Teacher47

Arachnopeon
Hello my name is Lela. I am from Arkansas. I am a 1st grade teacher who loves critters. I am a proud owner of an Grammosta rosea and an Giant Black African Milipede. I did own a family of Madegascar Hissing Coachroaches but gave them to the Science Lab teacher when school let out for summer. Could not handle bringin the coachroaches home. I also own an older Boston Terrier named Mattie and an West Highland Terrier named Watson. I have 3 grown sons.