Introduce Yourself

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nam

Hey All wow what a great site I just recently purchased a Brachypelma smithi

He/She is still very small like 1 inch spread out.

Well off to research more.

Cheers

gay_gemini

Arachnopeon
Halito!

Halito is Choctaw Indian for Hello.
My name is Skye and I'm a 24 year old, Native American, artist living in Texas. As an avid animal rescue advocate I operate my own rescue organizations and network with others across the country. I wanted a Tarantula for years before I finally got my Rose Hair I call Precious. She's about 3/4 inch small but fiesty. I don't know when she sleeps. Everytime I look in there she's moving around. I only had her a week when I couldn't wait another second to get a cobalt blue that I named Saphira. I fell in love with it while I was searching for the Rose Hair. I know one week isn't the experience recommended to handle a cobalt but I am way too impatient to wait. Does anyone know what happens to the impatient handler? Hmm....
Spiders are far from my only critter interests. I have 34 cats, 6 horses, 4 birds and a sassy ferret. My house is a zoo! Just the way I like it! All sorts of wild animals, eight legs, four legs...two legs. LOL
By the way I got both of mine from kenthebugguy. I've seen his name mentioned around here. Very satisified. I was worried because the idea of buying a spider online and getting it in the mail seemed a little weird to me. It worked fine. Ken is a great guy. I will definetly be buying from him again. After all it seems Tarantulas are addictive. I wonder if there is a Tarantulas Annonymuos.

Zeus9699

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Animal Magic

Hi everyone. My name is Mark and my wife and I operate a licensed non-profit exotic animal rescue/educational facility in Michigan called Animal Magic.

You can check us out at www.iwantanimalmagic.com

EMP47

Arachnopeon
Hey Everyone!

My name is Angel and I'm from Canada. I'm a first time owner of a emperor scorpion.........it's been great, but I thought it was a male and just found out it was a female because it had little scorplings. I can't keep them all......so if anyone in Ontario wants one......send me a reply.

clear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, i am a Bearded dragon owner. On one of the forums i am a regular on a few questions keep coming up about feeder insects so i took some time to create a website about some feeders. I would like some feed back about my site, any comments that will help make my site better are welcome! Thanks, Chris

http://www.feedersinc.com/

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
new to here!! first post

hi im jake im 19, ive been keeping all kinds of animals since very young. right now i have got a mexican red knee, emperor socrpion, peacock mantis and griffin mantis these four are fairly new for me (used to keep about five dif stick insect breeds and breed hissing cockroaches and giant african land snails)as well as got a corn snake which ive had from pencil size and now is almost fully grown i recon.. planning on getting a lot more inverts in the next few years , but the next few months will probably be adding me a chile flame, chile beautiful, chaco golden knee and maybe a curly hair or an avicular species, slings. as well as adding two more emps to collection so i can breed em when theyre bigger. :}

spiderslight

Arachnopeon
It's ok, here I am

Well i am new to the boards and was just looking for some questions i am sure people will help answer. First off a little about what i got i have 2 Gramastola rosea, and i have a Psalmopoeus irminia. i am looking at getting more, also i am looking into breeding some. not totally sure about that yet. anyways that is about it. well CYa

clear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a few pictures of Apollo (my BD) Ben (my Lab) and a common brown snake i found in my kitchen the other night!

Apollo

Ben

Common Brown Snake

Nick G

Arachnopeon
New member name

Hello all,

I was under Nick G previously & hadn't visited the website in a while.Just coming back to check out the site & the images,info, etc.I took a few pics of a Lactrodectus female with a camera phone & flashlight at night a few years ago, that I posted.

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey hey

Hello!

Ive read and looked over this site for over a year now and never made an account lol and cant figure out why ive waited this long! I love tarantulas and they have become an addicition of mine ever since i got my 1st one 3 years ago. I bought a g.pulchra that broke me into this hobby :) since then ive gotten 6 more. I've got some really nice pics of all of mine so if anyone is interested just post a reply on here and ill load em up :} Good to be here

here is what i have
g.pulchra
a.versicolor
n.chromatus
h.lividum
p.irminia
c.cyaneopubescens
c.fasciatum

KING BABOON on the way care of Mark at AnimalMagic CANT WAIT!

Brian

jenkohorst

Arachnopeon
WooHoo!

Heya! new here, so i thought i'd say hello. My name is Jennah and my hubby talked me into getting our 1st tarantula last friday and now G im addicted to her! Shes a 7 month old starburst baboon named Narcissa (Cissa for short) But im finding myself freaking over the stuff she does as she nears her molt. Figured you guys could tell me when to freak and when not to. thanks! be seeing ya!

zephed

former owner of Heint-xotics
Old Timer
Not new to spiders, just new to this forum :0)

Just wanted to say hi to all of the tarantula enthusiasts and arachnoculturists out there. Looking to do some breeding of my own in the near future and thought I'd start by getting involved in the forums that I could find. I'm not new to spiders, just to this forum. I've been collecting on and off for about 13 or 14 years.

Ram!

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Guys!

I'm Ralph, 17 years old and I'm from the Philippines. :) Since I was a child, I am really addicted to animals, because both of my parents are veterinarians. I am keeping dogs, fishes, hedgehogs, sugar gliders, birds, cavies, scorpions and tarantulas. But I'am really a big fan of tarantulas. This is my current inventory of my Ts.

1.1.0 N. Chromatus
0.1.4 B. Albopilosum
0.0.5 L. Parahybana
0.2.0 G. Rosea
0.0.3 C. Huahini
0.0.1 A. Geniculata
0.2.0 P. Baeri
0.2.0 B. Smithi
0.1.0 B. Klaasi
0.1.0 B. Boehmi
0.1.0 P. Regalis
0.1.0 P. Purvala
0.1.0 H. Albostratium
0.1.1 B. Vagans
0.1.0 G. sp. Concepcion
0.0.1 A. Avicularia
0.0.1 A. Hentzi

And I'm getting more! {D

Ralph

Last edited:

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Howdy Arachnoboards!
I'm a 19-year-old (well, 20 in a month) guy from Hungary. I'm a biology student at the University of Szeged and I started keeping tarantulas back when I was 14, about 5 year ago. One of my biggest tarantula-dreams came true last Saturday when I finally got a 2nd instar Grammostola pulchra at an invert/reptile expo. Unfortunately it was already premolt, and had a shaky molt in the car on the way home.

Last edited:

^s^

Arachnopeon
new to this

I don't have any Ts at the moment; I've just recently become fascinated with them~ BUT-my fiancee is fairly terrified of spiders of any kind, definately not excluding tarantulas-but he's not so scared as to say 'maybe' to keeping one as a pet.....so I just need to convince him of their greatness!! :D

^s^

:eek:

rwlangbauer

Arachnopeon
intro

a really awkward interface & this from a man who wrote some of the Unix kernel (Apple system .....) 30 years ago. i do enjoy fellow arachnophiles, so i will get over it. goth & i are here recovering from a bad trauma, so the spelling errors are hers (stop it!). she is a <1yr b. smithi & i'm a >50 md. she is also much cuter.

arachnid trauma care is an unexplored science. no one knows what to do @ least by house ape standards & we live in sf. i don't even want to think about what it is like in the flyover. when she presented i was clumsy & didn't not have any kits prepped. i blew it & she preformed an autotomy. damn! damn, damn, damn!!! i now think that i can splint an arachnid limb but it takes 3 hands. i also blew the triage she had a severly injured tarsus that i missed. Bridgette & i were able to splint it. there is hope. -- how do you splint an arachnid limb. i don't know how anyone else does it & i'm not sure many others have the resources to do what i did. i used 32g titanium (strong, light) wire & the same g5 epoxy that held the space shuttle together (@ least when it wasn't doing a face plant.)

we are now on to aftercare. i'm giving her d5 1/2 w/ cipro & dilaudid pr. if you didn't understand that maybe you shouldn't be doing it. yesterday, she pooped all over me. It made me so happy.

ciao,
rwl

ps(i hate breeders & anyone else who treats our little friends as objects.)

nova1990

Arachnopeon
hii

hey my name is kirstie and im 17. i come from england. i have 9 tarantula 2 pinktoes, 3 chilean roses, 2 mexican red knees, 1 curly haired and a mexican red rump. i been keeping tarantulas for a year now:) and i love it

byee

chilean rose

Arachnopeon
new person

hi, i am mac, i have just got myself my second T, i have 3 snakes, apricot milk snake, red rat snake and a California banded king snake, 2 dogs, 2 cats oh and tropical fish.

JimPP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, my name is Jim, im 25 and from a little european country called Denmark - I think there are some danes in here allready (and nope it is not the capital of Sweden or Netherlands :) )

I have around 80-90 Tarantulas, mostly from Africa or South America - I do also have a soft spot for Aphonopelma species.

I will mostly be reading - learning and whatnot at this board.

That should be an introduction... yes.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got scurredddd

Hello all I'm Be. I currently own a baby Antilles Pinktoe and a juvi-Brachy/Boehmei

So I'm cleaning my tarantulas' cage ystrdy (divided terrestrial version from tarantulacages.com) and as I nudged my freshly molted (1wk-ago) Brachy/Boehmei into a deli cup, I accidently snapped off the tip of two of his legs!! (Just the tip where they sometimes have two tiny claws per leg). :confused:

I HAD to replace the substrate in the cage ASAP because I noticed what may have been mold forming in one of the corners where twig met peat-moss. :eek:

He is about 6 months old, I was so scared because I saw a bulging drop of a liquid I believe to be tarantula blood, and I remember reading that tarantula blood can barely clot - I reached for clear nail polish!! :? I put just a dab on the tip of his foot and immediately moved him into another deli cup to avoid inhalation of the fumes, & it dried up quickly and seemed to have stopped bleeding but I am freaking out here!! I feel HORRIBLE but wondered if my extreme desperate measures were OK! What should I have on hand for any possible future accidents!? I swear this'll NEVER happen again! :8o Lesson learned! Please help!

-Be