Species Grammostola pulchra

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heh... this one is great! :D
My record was 5 crickets in one "ball". Congratulations.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Oh it is so cute!! That is the one tarantula that I want the most! I will get one eventually. Nice pictures! :)

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe! So cuddly! Looks kinda like my little PZB but not so terribly shy... :)

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
AWwwww I remember when mine was that size/coloration. Actually it looks as if yours is just an instar or 2 behind mine.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well here it is my freshly moulted G.pulchra. Sorry it is kinda dark but its kinda hard to do with poor lighting and a black tarantula :) But here it is.

Last edited:

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 - I know what you are talking about, after a molt they are stunning spiders, in my opinion one of the prettiest ones. The bad thing with them is that it takes forever for them to molt. Mine molted for the fist time at my house last week and I have had her for almost two years.

Last edited:

ScorpionBob

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. I have been very intersted in this species. I think it is going to be my next purchase. It looks so velvety( <---- prolly not a real word or is it?), actually it looks soft and furry like my black cat....

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well last night it took 3-3.5 hrs for my G.pulchra to moult yesterday and it was to dark to take any pics of it so I took some pics this morning. Also pics of my B.emilia that moulted 2 weeks ago.
G.pulchra-

B.emilia-

meier link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice ts ya got there, imo the prettiest members of their respective genus

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice spiders.
I have both. G. pulchra is my favorite. The most intelligent T I have ever kept.

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is oscar in his "Exoterra" Oscar is getting a little older now and starting to look at females a little different lately! if you know what I mean. I have promised him "someday you will meet a girl! :}

Attachments