Species Grammostola pulchra

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Check this out. These to still won't mate but are sure good friends! :wall:

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I put the two cages next to each other. They are tapping to each other but when I put them together the female will not let him get far....I will wait a few days. :?

rathjinn

Arachnopeon
buggers...

my Bsmithi has decided to move all of her substrate to one end of the display...... :? even managing to get some out side the cage. :wall: are you trying to tell me that you don't like the substrate????

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Little Vesper the Brazilian Black t having his/her first cricket in my care. Such a fiesty little mite, it was hilarious watching him/her chasing that little cricket all over his cage {D

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hehe that wee pulchra has a big bum like my one! :)

Stuffing its face :}

I just got hold of two chaco gold kneed slings too! :)

Dekejis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pics, what type of camera did you get? Did you end up getting a specific lens? I'm curious 'cause I got a Nikon D70 not too long ago, but I'm thinking I need a macro lens in order to get some of my smaller critters..

ass0mbracao

Arachnopeon
Hi all...
This is a images of the my pulchra.....

Say hi to new member of my family =)

Aunt May is your name :)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wait till she turns a deep, shiny, velvety black... pictures do NOT do this species justice!! Good choice... what others do you keep?

Welcome to the boards. :)

-Kelly

EDIT: Oooh, I just saw your post in the announcements forum... GRAMMOSTOLA IHERINGI!!!! I am so super jealous! What a gorgeous spider... rarely (if ever) available in the U.S. :(

Last edited:

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool! Just as I mentioned G. pulchra is on my wanted list these pics are posted to tempt me even more! Welcome to the boards, I'm new here 2, aint it great?

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. Pulchra is one of my very favorite T's. I have one that looks JUST like yours. Beware: It will look like that for a LONG time if it's anything like mine. He hasn't molted since 5/23 - WTF??? Be patient! Great T though! :)

Nico

Arachnopeon
I've got a Pulchra just a couple of weeks ago and I fully understand why most people love them to bits.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Although they are a slow grower, it's worth the wait.

Last edited:

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nico said:
damn you that is one nice pulchra..a fat one as well
This is an old coat. Her last molt was 8-1-04. A molt is around the corner, we can't wait. ;P

PS Although her fangs are long enough to raise the hair on the back of your neck, she's just a big ole sweetie. {D :)

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jwb121377 said:
Don't worry you will get plenty.;) I think I figured out how to shrink the pics down, lets see. Grammostola areostriata\ Chaco Golden Knee:
If you use a high quality setting on your camera, download to your pc and resize it to 640 x 480, reduce the quality (60 to 75 %) for internet use. This can be done with most pic editors.