Species Grammostola pulchra

SeanJo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
beautiful! i'm getting my first g. pulchra soon, hopefully it will be a female :) i've heard so many good things and seen so many pictures of the black velvet t's that i couldnt resist getting one myself. :drool:

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome! I can't wait till my pulchra is big enough that I can get good shots like that of its molts

Draco

Arachnopeon
Excellent sequence of photographs! Its always cool to see the molt sequence. Great job and you have a beautiful animal there :D

Best regards,
Jason

Nico

Arachnopeon
Draco said:
Excellent sequence of photographs! Its always cool to see the molt sequence. Great job and you have a beautiful animal there :D

Best regards,
Jason
Damn can't see the pics for some reason.... I love B. Pulchra

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome! I can't wait till my pulchra is big enough that I can get good shots like that of its molts

Hear hear! Mine is only about 1.5'' and going thru the brownish phase. I can't wait for the return of the velvet black. My A caniceps on the other hand is about the same size and aboslutely gorgeous pitch velvet black <swoon>... sans' her carapace of course :)

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
nice T man and great photos...how do you get pics like that without disturbing the T's molt

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I caught him right when he flipped over so I took off the lid and left him alone until he started. Then just took pics without bumping anything.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very very nice spider. I got to watch one of my spiders molt last nigh...every time i am just stunned at how wonderful it is to watch.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my new little G. pulchra "Vesper" :)

Never raised a sling before so we'll see how I get on. :) THis one is nice and calm though

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very cute :)
I REALLY want one of those....but I'm not jealous....honest ;P :D

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nightbreed said:
very cute :)
I REALLY want one of those....but I'm not jealous....honest ;P :D
I'm to get no more after this! Little vesper was unhappy with the way I had set up his/her enclosure and so he/she decided it had to be altered. He's spent the last few hours kicking substrate everywhere. He then climed the tank and waved his legs through the bars at me

When I took him out of the tub I was sent him in he ran all the way up my arm with his little hairy arse in the air! Such a little character {D

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's mine. She has been more or less in premolt for as long as I have owned her :)

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Prepare yourself Crunchie. G pulchra will rearrange its surroundings without notice. We call ours the family dog. It's just her attitude. Dig here , dig there, move the hide around, throw cricket heads in the water dish and then poop in it. Loves light and likes it warm. :}

Last edited:

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
nowhereman said:
Prepare yourself Crunchie. G pulchra will rearrange its surroundings without notice. We call ours the family dog. It's just her attitude. Dig here , dig there, move the hide around, throw cricket heads in the water dish and then poop in it. Loves light and likes it warm. :}

haha thats funny T's can do some hiliarioous things i like to turn the lights off and watch mine with a flashlight there always moving and doing stuff when the lights go out....

leo3375

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My little pulchra (Poe) absolutely loves her coconut hide. She spends almost all her time in there and sometimes comes out. I'll sometimes add more Jungle Mix to her vivarium and let her just excavate like crazy. It's quite amusing to watch, too.

One little quirk about Poe is that she's very protective of her home. I don't stick my fingers in but she'll attack my forceps when I sometimes tease her out.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great to read folks experiences. I built a hide consisting of a jam jar lid partly buried in the substrate which baby Vesper seems to have taken to. Every time he/she is out and I go too near the tank it always rushes back to the hide. I also had some trouble finding a water dish that was small enough. I've settled on using a shallow container and draping a plastic plant into it (I'll post some pictures and folk can give me their opinion).
Little one spent all of yesterday in its hide but has ventured out for a nosey today, I'm not in all day so he/she will get peace to explore. :)

Last edited:

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I tryed mating thei 6 inch female three times last summer and them she molted on me! :mad:

I tryed again today....the female was just not in the mood. The male tryed to get under with out success....will try again.