Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I set this cabinet up to contain my tarantula cages.

First cabinet contains

P. cancerides
B. smithi
C. cyaneopubescens
T. blondi
a spider I caught while moving..no clue what she is
C. fasciatum
B. vagans
P. irminia
A. avicularia
A. versicolor
P. regalis
P. murinus

Next cabinet contains

H. lividum
B. boehmei
G. aureostriata

and supplies

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
your cabins rocks
now where did you get that enclosure with the dividers one the middle shelf on the first picture, i would love to get my hands on that one. ...and where do you live again lol..just j/king lol

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks. I got the divided cage from www.eastbayvivarium.com the cages are made by a company called creative habitats but they sell them at EBV. They also sell a double enclosure more suited for terrestrials. I need to pick up a few of them to.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Arboreal Enclosure

Just have to make a custom acrylic tank for the spectacular Avicularia sp. "amazonica"! 8"x12"x16", vent holes 1/8" density 1/2 sq. inch. Water bowl will go in later because I ran out of pebbles and have to clean the old ones.

Mha8649

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey JohnxII where did you get your hinges? I had to use cabinet type hinges because I couldnt find a place that sold the hinges with the sticky stuff on them.and theres nothing that I know of that bonds plexiglass to metal...I've tried just about everything. and nothing works.

Mha8649

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was refering to the ones on the front ... they look like there made out of plexi glass... I looked at the two major hardware stores. Home depot and lowes and couldnt fing anything like that... I was wanting to avoid putting metal inside the cage to avoid rust...

Easyout58

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For my new .75" Brachypelma Emilia I used a clear plastic baseball card container. The inner demension is about 3" x 4". I made shelters out of cork bark and silk plant leaves and drilled hole in the lid for air.

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Easyout58 said:
For my new .75" Brachypelma Emilia I used a clear plastic baseball card container. The inner demension is about 3" x 4". I made shelters out of cork bark and silk plant leaves and drilled hole in the lid for air.

That's a great idea, I'll have to use it. It looks much nicer than a deli container.

Easyout58

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fierce Deity said:
That's a great idea, I'll have to use it. It looks much nicer than a deli container.
And they are cheap as well. You can get those for under $2.00 from anybody that sells baseball cards or comic books. They are a good size for slings up to 1.5" or so. And you can buy various size card holders for bigger slings. Attach footpads underneath and they can be stacked.

RobbinLara

Arachnopeon
Just wanted to share my P. Regalis tank...I took a piece of Optix and had my husband cut it for me to size...then I drilled holes in it to roughly mete out tarantula legs...after that I took a sharp point and etched in the picture...I like it cause it doesn't impair visibility looking into the tank

there's a cat hair on that btw...not a scratch

Thanks for looking....I'll post pics of the other 7 T's and tanks eventually
here's my G. Rosea ;)

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I recently fixed up my G. rosea's terraruim, as it was looking rather crappy. It looks really nice now. The other pic is my african giant black millipedes enclosure, which I did today as well.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Mha8649 said:
Hey JohnxII where did you get your hinges? I had to use cabinet type hinges because I couldnt find a place that sold the hinges with the sticky stuff on them.and theres nothing that I know of that bonds plexiglass to metal...I've tried just about everything. and nothing works.
I guess you'll have to look harder in other DIY stores. Those didn't have sticky pads on them, epoxy glue was used instead.

Mha8649

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool :cool: I will make a trip today and epoxy away... :) but seriously I need to finish this poor gals (I hope) cage . I keep having to improve this or that and I keep messing up her webbing...

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm a poor graduate student... so for now it's bare aquariums and critter keepers.... i can't wait until my goliath, giant white knee, and brazilian salmon grow up so i can put my 10 gallon tanks to use!

the "rock" plastic water dishes seem to leak over time, so i've had to use small plates until i can get some petri dishes from my lab.