Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

JaxsWastedLife

Arachnopeon
I had one hell of a time getting my little devil form the deli container to the enclosure. :eek: She really didn't want to leave the paper towels. :)

JaxsWastedLife

Arachnopeon
Nice inexpensive enclosure

I found this on at Wal*Mart for around $6. They also have octagonal ones for a few dollars more. I drilled some holes and instant enclosure. Another plus is there is fish food included that you can feed to the crickets. I like the shape and the included light keeps the enclosure warm. My suntiger is in there now making trouble for anything that goes into that enclosure.

I can't find the Walmart.com link for the one I own but this one looks good too. (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3635106) Great for a DIYer!

I like the way this looks over critter keepers. The KK are so 2nd grade hermit crab. :D

Attachments

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arboreal Cage

I finally got the gooty's into something they can finish growing in. These are 7 inches square by 2 feet tall. Drawers come out while the hide provides safe distance and little chance of escape while cleaning water/substrate. This will also come in handy when it comes time to clean without disturbing a mother with sac. Cork bark is mounted in corner with cable ties through 2 holes and top opens to access the spider if need be(hopefully to take a sac:D some day). Now if I can just get a female or two from this bunch???? 19 more cages and I will be done with the ornamentals. This design can be enlarged to fit any arboreal that stays on the glass. Burrowers would be difficult to deal with. Dave

Attachments

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
David Richards said:
I finally got the gooty's into something they can finish growing in. These are 7 inches square by 2 feet tall. Drawers come out while the hide provides safe distance and little chance of escape while cleaning water/substrate. This will also come in handy when it comes time to clean without disturbing a mother with sac. Cork bark is mounted in corner with cable ties through 2 holes and top opens to access the spider if need be(hopefully to take a sac:D some day). Now if I can just get a female or two from this bunch???? 19 more cages and I will be done with the ornamentals. This design can be enlarged to fit any arboreal that stays on the glass. Burrowers would be difficult to deal with. Dave

wow those are awesome looking set ups! did you make those from scratch? i'm gonna start looking into making something like that for my ornata when its larger. definetly would feel safer with a set up like that than just having it loose in an aquarium that i have to open the whole top up to reach to the bottom to clean. :clap: :worship: :clap:

now i just need some metallicas :rolleyes:

r4iney

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cool idea David

Any chance you could make some close up pictures of one of those enclosures. I wouldnt mind duplicating the idea because of the bottom of the enclosure. I would really appreciate it if I somehow could take a close look at it - it looks very handy. :)

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Envy Exotics said:
I just bought this caging unit yesterday. The unit houses 4 individual T's seperatly. I set these up but won't be putting anything in it for a day or so so the glue and all can dry. The enclosure will house a

Top View (empty)

Front View (empty)

Full Front View (set up)

Back View (set up)

Front

Individual Pics (front)

Top View

The T's that will be moved into these cages are
1. P. irminia

2. P. regalis (picking this one up next week)

3. A. avicularia

4 A. versicolor

No Tarantuals have been put into these cages....so if anyone see's anything that needs to be changed or added (other then the water dishes) please PM me or email me at peaches1926us@yahoo.com so that I can make the nessasary changes before rehousing the T's
Hey Amber....that's a very nice set up for arboreals. Did you buy the unit fully made?

Ms. Peaches

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes I purchased this the way it is..well other then decorations. They sell them at www.eastbayvivarium.com. The cost is about 77.00. I am not too handy with building things myself and I wanted a nice display so it was worth it to me.

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Envy Exotics said:
Yes I purchased this the way it is..well other then decorations. They sell them at www.eastbayvivarium.com. The cost is about 77.00. I am not too handy with building things myself and I wanted a nice display so it was worth it to me.
Thanks! I really must head over to Berkeley sometime and check out EBV.

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Close ups

Thanks for the compliments. Here are some side shots of the top and bottom for those who are into building. I am going to make these to order for 60 $ plus shipping if anyone is interested. I am not going to have any extras laying around, but will make them as people request them. The only thing mine don't have are ventilation holes. That can be requested depending on the humidity/airflow desired. The edges of the acrylic can be flame polished for about 10 bucks extra per cage also if you really want to kick it off. dave

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Avicularia purpurea set up (used to be a pastry container of some sort)

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is a few enclosures i have.

Here is my bredding tank I just started up
C. hentzi

one of the gravids

my A.avic

here is where i keep my smaller B. auratum (2")
would have a pic but wouldn't come out and play

hope i did bore ya with thepix lol
I'll have more soon enough.

Flogger

Arachnopeon
This is how I keep my Haplopelma species from juveniles up until they need the final enclosure.
These jars are excellent, got them yesterday at an expo here in sweden.

Only four of them are used but this week most of them will come in handy :)

Cheers!

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had this made for my shelf, will get another one that is taller for arboreals... I made the lids using plexiglass... total cost: about 35 dlls, size 29" long, by 14" wide, by 12" high.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
redknee_freak said:
awesome enclosers
where did you find them
and are they costly
me? um... i had them made, the enclosures cost me $23 dlls + $8 for the plexiglass to make the covers plus like $4 for the metal hinges...
Of course I had to use power tools to cut and drill the plexiglass plus cement to glue the hinges to the crystal and the plexiglass...

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bananaman said:
me? um... i had them made, the enclosures cost me $23 dlls + $8 for the plexiglass to make the covers plus like $4 for the metal hinges...
Of course I had to use power tools to cut and drill the plexiglass plus cement to glue the hinges to the crystal and the plexiglass...

Have to say you had done an outstanding job my friend.
put a patten on it and sell your product, sounds good to me.

Wouldn't mind having one hehe